PDA

View Full Version : This Week in GA Commits - 10.9.15

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2015, 03:31 PM
This Week in GA Commits ? 10.9.15
Christian Roberson and the McEachern Indians are coming off another victory to face the North Cobb Warriors. Christian had his first big game of the season last week, with 3 catches for 62 yards. My BIL reported that he looked strong, but only lined up as a WR. He now has 6 catches for 82 yards on the season.

Busy week this week, so I'll let the Marietta Daily Journal handle my game preview. Watch live if you have time to kill.
http://www.gpb.org/sports/football/match/2015/10/09/north-cobb-mceachern

North Cobb (3-3, 2-0) at McEachern (4-1, 1-0), 7:30 p.m.
Last year: McEachern 48, North Cobb 28
All-time series: North Cobb leads 24-21-2
Prediction: McEachern 26, North Cobb 24

McEachern and North Cobb will meet for the Region 4AAAAAA lead tonight at Walter Cantrell Stadium.

The word "finish" will apply to both teams when they take the field.

North Cobb has concentrated on finishing games in the fourth quarter after losing its first three games by allowing fourth-quarter leads to evaporate. But in the last two weeks, the Warriors have shown they could put teams away during the final 12 minutes, including a come-from-behind win over Harrison.

McEachern pulled away in the second half to beat Marietta last week, but its primary issue is not being able to finish once it gets inside the red zone. The Indians stalled inside the 20-yard line on more than one occasion against the Blue Devils and had to settle for field goals. In the only loss of the season to Peachtree Ridge, McEachern was held to two field goals, despite making four trips to the red zone.

The Indians have home field advantage, more Division I talent on the field, and they started quickly out of the gate with lopsided wins over Tucker and Buford. But the Indians might have problems with North Cobb if the red-zone woes continue.

"We just need better play-calling," McEachern coach Kyle Hockman said. "We relied on the pass a little too much (against Marietta) in the rain. We'll work it out and get it fixed."

North Cobb has been successful as of late controlling time of possession. Its offense was on the field for close to 40 minutes in its 19-7 win over Hillgrove. Running backs Jai Irwin and C.J. Cole controlled the game in the fourth quarter by getting clutch first downs to preserve North Cobb?s lead.

"We've talked about shortening the game and keeping the opposing offense off the field", North Cobb coach Shane Queen said. "Any time you have a chance to do that, you have a chance to be successful."

"McEachern has 15 D-I players, so matchups will be a problem. You have to limit the big play."

BrunswickDawg
10-09-2015, 09:20 PM
McEachern is in the drivers seat up 28-0 in the 4th. I'll post any stats when I find them.

More importantly, my Glynn Academy Red Terrors pulled off a huge upset on the road, taking out #4 ranked Ware County Gators 14-7.