PDA

View Full Version : we offered a long-snapper ?

FISHDAWG
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
this was just tweeted:
Via a tweet from @coachjbkeith, @TupeloHigh senior long snapper Joel Baldwin has committed to @mstateFB. (cc: @JTalty, @mstatesports)

mic
07-24-2013, 02:43 PM
this was just tweeted:
Via a tweet from @coachjbkeith, @TupeloHigh senior long snapper Joel Baldwin has committed to @mstateFB. (cc: @JTalty, @mstatesports)

its a walk on..

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Twitter say he's considered one of the best long snapper's in the nation. Good walk on. That must mean he's better than the Polish Rifle

rtdawg
07-24-2013, 02:58 PM
pump the brakes.....

The Croom Diaries
07-24-2013, 04:07 PM
That was my boy Braden tweeting that. He is all Tupelo all the time and is their HS sports director or something so he's going to pump them up whenever he can. The guy is just going to be a walk on, but I hear he's pretty good.

Dawg61
07-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Croom username with a Croom picture talking about a long snapper getting a scholarship. Damn did I just get an ugly flashback.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-24-2013, 07:41 PM
The new hebrew howitzer??! Aaron feld.

Feld actually had the most 225 reps on the team his senior year

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Who's the Polish rifle?

Todd4State
07-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Man, you scared the crap out of me. I almost had a 247 meltdown post.

Also- I have heard that we are or were also recruiting Madison Central's LS as a preferred walk-on as well. I'm not sure where that stands because I also had heard we were recruiting Baldwin as well and I don't know if it was an either/or type deal or if we would take both.

Todd4State
07-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Who's the Polish rifle?

Mike Pizinski. The greatest QB in MSU football history. The year was 1993.......

Todd Jordan had a hip pointer and wasn't 100%. Back-ups Derrick Taite, Greg Plump, and Rodney Hudson all got in trouble (sound familiar Ole Miss fans?) and were suspended for the season.

We were about to play Alabama and were down to the Mike "The Polish Rifle" Pizinski. He was our scout team guy. Jackie made a big deal out of it, made him come to a press conference and then used Bernard Euell and Todd Jordan at QB. Then there were rumors that Pizinski was going to start against Ole Miss. He didn't - we just had Todd Jordan hand the ball off to Michael Davis 40 times and then hit Eric Moulds on a SWEEET flea flicker that someone should send to Slickdawg if they have the video to beat Ole Miss.

FISHDAWG
07-25-2013, 08:19 AM
there's a story there that maybe one day Croom Diaries will let us in on