PDA

View Full Version : Running game

BB30
10-09-2015, 10:41 AM
What do yall think is necessary or would make yall feel more comfortable about our running game going forward. What do yall want to see this weekend? More Malik, Williams, and Lee? Dak? At this point do yall see a running back that can step up this year? As for red zone scoring or lack there of, do yall feel it is a scheme problem? Lack of execution? Lack of physicality? or a little bit of everything. Do you think our coaches expected us to struggle as much running the ball with our backs? I really thought we would see someone emerge by this point.

DawgInMemphis
10-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Better run blocking, particularly on the left side.

msstate7
10-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Better run blocking, particularly on the left side.

Why don't we flip out tackles? Seems senior holds up a lot better than warren

TrapGame
10-09-2015, 10:48 AM
I hope we have a decent run game by Mizzou b/c that's their weakness. Keep Lock and his arm away from the field.

msstate7
10-09-2015, 10:50 AM
I hope we have a decent run game by Mizzou b/c that's their weakness. Keep Lock and his arm away from the field.

I gotta feeling lock is about to take a beating and lose some confidence tomorrow. Florida's pass rush and secondary are very good

confucius say
10-09-2015, 10:51 AM
More Calhoun and Jenkins up front. Let's get them reps (even if Rufus can play).

More lee and Williams. Lee is obviously in the doghouse or doesn't know the playbook well enough (which would be absurd after 15 months on campus), but he has a high upside. Dear ain't moving to rb right now so just get him touches out of the slot on both handoffs and passes.

TrapGame
10-09-2015, 11:34 AM
I gotta feeling lock is about to take a beating and lose some confidence tomorrow. Florida's pass rush and secondary are very good

I bet you're right too.

Sacrifice
10-09-2015, 11:52 AM
After watching Shump completely blow up A&M's LBs on a couple of Daks runs. I wanna see more of that. Shump lead blocking for some of the other backs. He just murders people.

msstate7
10-09-2015, 11:55 AM
After watching Shump completely blow up A&M's LBs on a couple of Daks runs. I wanna see more of that. Shump lead blocking for some of the other backs. He just murders people.

I'd like to beef em up and use as te next season. I'd say h-back, but apparently that position is extinct.

Speaking of Shump... Did he run behind a FB in HS? I wonder if he just really struggles with running out of the gun

starkvegasdawg
10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Diamond Formation with Dak, Lee, and Holloway.

Beaver
10-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Speaking of Shump... Did he run behind a FB in HS? I wonder if he just really struggles with running out of the gun

Reminds me of watching Steven Jackson the last couple of years for the Falcons.

War Machine Dawg
10-09-2015, 01:25 PM
I want to see us go to a two back set with Shump as the FB/H. That's his skill set. And since he's Mullen's favorite, it keeps him on the field while getting us a legit RB on the field in Lee/Williams. Ideally, I'd like to see us do more of what Auburn does in their run game and what we were doing in '09 & '10. But I don't think Mullen is comfortable with that, so it's all moot.