PDA

View Full Version : From MSU to NBA

DCdawg
07-24-2013, 01:46 PM
With only one year to have seen how Rick Ray recruits and develops talent, how long do you think it will be be before an MSU player goes in the NBA draft again? Will one even be drafted under Ray? Remember the NBA draft only consists of two rounds.

msstate7
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
With only one year to have seen how Rick Ray recruits and develops talent, how long do you think it will be be before an MSU player goes in the NBA draft again? Will one even be drafted under Ray? Remember the NBA draft only consists of two rounds.

I say whenever Gavin ware leaves.

DawgInMemphis
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I say whenever Gavin ware leaves.

Unfortunately, Gavin doesn't have the size for an NBA 5 or the ball skills for an NBA forward. I'm not saying he's not capable of getting drafted, and there are examples of guys similar to him in the NBA, but he'll have his work cut out for him. I think he's going to be an All SEC caliber player before his time here is over, but I think the NBA is by far the hardest of the 3 major sports to make it in - and there's a big difference in the way the college game is played versus in the pros. An NBA roster is much smaller than the NFL or MLB, and the developmental league is nowhere near as established as the MLB farm system. Couple that with the fact that second round draftees aren't guaranteed a roster spot... it's tough to play in the NBA.

Take Jarvis for example. He was a superb college player, and isn't even making the rotation yet in the NBA.

fishwater99
07-24-2013, 03:53 PM

No idea. We don't have any on the team right now...