PDA

View Full Version : Big Basketball Weekend

YazooDawg23
10-08-2015, 07:49 PM
According to twitter Tyson Carter will be in town and not at Ohio State. With him and Kegler here I'm getting the feeling we might have a big weekend. Really unfortunate Davis can't be here.

smootness
10-08-2015, 08:13 PM
It would be awesome to go ahead and get them in the boat. I could see it for Carter more than Kegler, especially since he's now coming back for the 2nd time.

That would allow us to go all-in on Herard, Davis, and Ado.

C222
10-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I think Tyson commits this weekend.

smootness
10-08-2015, 08:23 PM
I think Tyson commits this weekend.

After searching, it looks like he said after his visit to Miami last weekend that he would visit Ohio State and then announce shortly thereafter, so if he is indeed coming to State this weekend, I would say it certainly gives a pretty good indication of what he's about to do, and he might as well go ahead and commit at that point.

drummerdawg
10-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Per twitter, 2017 player from Columbus Terryonte Thomas will be on campus too.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Carter comes over to play pickup with the guys & watch practice all the time. Also Kegler was up there about every week during the summer. Also Eli Wright is supposed to be in for Maroon Madness this weekend too.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 08:27 PM

I like Thomas but the odds are better that he'd get a football offer instead of basketball. We'll probably take 3 guys next year & 2 of those spots are practically locked up with Nick Weatherspoon & Garrison Brooks.

smootness
10-08-2015, 08:28 PM

What type of player is he? 3-star type?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 08:34 PM

Yep. No disrespect but he's a guy who would probably be in the class if Rick Ray was still here.

drummerdawg
10-08-2015, 08:38 PM

He does have an offer from Xavier and a couple of others. 6'4" 200 lb SG.

http://247sports.com/Player/Terryonte-Thomas-79823

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-08-2015, 11:03 PM
just read on Twitter from Bulldog Recruiting that he is hearing good news coming about Cameron Lard...does that mean we have missed on Herard wonder?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 11:26 PM
just read on Twitter from Bulldog Recruiting that he is hearing good news coming about Cameron Lard...does that mean we have missed on Herard wonder?

Lard has never stepped foot on campus I just don't see anyway he's a take right now with as many quality bigs we're on. Lard will be there any time don't have to rush to lock him up.

Shooter McGavin
10-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Nick Weatherspoon & Garrison Brooks.

I didn't realize Nick Weatherspoon was such a highly rated player. High 4 star on all sites. Ifyouonlyknew, any ideas on any other prospects for 2017 or is it too early to speculate.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Lard has never stepped foot on campus I just don't see anyway he's a take right now with as many quality bigs we're on. Lard will be there any time don't have to rush to lock him up.

I don't know if he'll be there anytime it says on his Twitter page that he is making an announcement soon

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2015, 09:07 AM
I didn't realize Nick Weatherspoon was such a highly rated player. High 4 star on all sites. Ifyouonlyknew, any ideas on any other prospects for 2017 or is it too early to speculate.

Considering we only have 1 spot left it is kind of early. It will be a wing player for that 3rd spot.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't know if he'll be there anytime it says on his Twitter page that he is making an announcement soon

If he announces soon I wouldn't expect it to be MSU.

C222
10-09-2015, 09:36 AM

Garrison Brooks
Chaundree Brown
Jamal Johnson
Alex Reese (probably going to Vandy)

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Garrison Brooks
Chaundree Brown
Jamal Johnson
Alex Reese (probably going to Vandy)

I put Garrison in the same category as Nick. Guys that are basically already Dawgs in my book. Jamal Johnson is going to be very tough to get out of Alabama. He's a Bama legacy, Buck Johnson is his dad. I'd probably add Trace Young to your list as well.

MSUDawg99
10-09-2015, 10:32 AM
According to twitter Tyson Carter will be in town and not at Ohio State. With him and Kegler here I'm getting the feeling we might have a big weekend. Really unfortunate Davis can't be here.

I saw posted elsewhere on Mon. 10/5 that he's visiting us this wknd & Ohio State in two wknds & THEN making decision.

ZedFedder
10-09-2015, 11:06 AM
I really think we found an incredible steal in Eli Wright. The guy is undervalued because an injury set him out in the prime of the AAU season, but when he became healthy he killed it. Here is a video. Think he could impact instantly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiMwZFZ-f4

smootness
10-09-2015, 11:27 AM
I really think we found an incredible steal in Eli Wright. The guy is undervalued because an injury set him out in the prime of the AAU season, but when he became healthy he killed it. Here is a video. Think he could impact instantly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YiMwZFZ-f4

Woah. That athleticism is for real. Needs to tighten up his handle, but he's got legit talent. I really like Simonds and wish we'd go back after him, but Wright looks better there.

BankerDog
10-09-2015, 01:32 PM
Lard had told some people he was committing here he just had to call Howland by Friday.

smootness
10-09-2015, 01:37 PM

Is it possible we sense De'Ron Davis going elsewhere so we pushed for Lard? It seems to me we would take 3 big men in the class, so that wouldn't seem to affect Herard or Ado at all.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Is it possible we sense De'Ron Davis going elsewhere so we pushed for Lard? It seems to me we would take 3 big men in the class, so that wouldn't seem to affect Herard or Ado at all.

Anything is possible but we have a Juco PF scheduled for an OV next weekend. So we're bringing in a ton of bigs on visits & Lard hasn't been 1 of them.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-09-2015, 01:39 PM
Lard had told some people he was committing here he just had to call Howland by Friday.

I guess we'll see.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-09-2015, 02:57 PM