PDA

View Full Version : Sec west

msstate7
10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
I think right now you can group auburn, Arkansas, and us in the disappointing start group. You can group OM, bama, aTm, and lsu in the good start group. I'm putting bama and OM in that group with a loss bc they also have a big time win.

Which team (if any) in each group is most likely to move up to top group or down to bottom group?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure any in the bottom group can move into the top group if you're talking about winning the West. Arkansas would be the closest because right now they only have 1 conference loss.

msstate7
10-08-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure any in the bottom group can move into the top group if you're talking about winning the West. Arkansas would be the closest because right now they only have 1 conference loss.
Yeah, I don't think the winner of the west will have 2 losses. My question was more will a bottom team now join the upper half or will a top half team join the bottom half or is it now how it will shake out in the end?

Didn't word it well

Mjoelner34
10-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Top group moving down:
1. Ole Miss: 5 turnovers with several causing a short field + a fluke bounce TD + a long TD with a lineman 8 yards downfield and they still only win by 6? That is followed up by squeaking by Vandy at home. Yes. Vandy. Then, laying the turd in the Swamp. Now, with suspensions, injuries and rats leaving the ship, there is no way it can stay afloat.

2. LSU: Fournette is a beast! But, when that beast is all you have, it's going to take the Ole Miss magic to beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and I don't see Bama going through that again. Plus, Ole Miss' D has been good against the run and aTm's D is a lot better and we know how their offense is. So, LSU might be in for a couple of bumps later on.

Bottom to top:
MSU/Auburn: Tie: Whichever happens first if we find a running game or Auburn finds a QB for Malzhan's offense.

defiantdog
10-08-2015, 01:44 PM
None.....

Arkansas has OM and LSU away..... they'll lose at least one of those. Not to mention, they're going to Bryant Deny tomorrow. Arkansas has a chance to have 6 losses by the time we play them.

Auburn lost Duke; they still have OM, A&M, Georgia and Bama left on their schedule, they don't have a qb that is capable of throwing the ball 20 times a game, and their defense is garbage.

We finish the season @ Mizzou, Bama @ home, @ Arkansas, and OM @ home. We all know how we finished last year. If we take care of business, we have the potential of being a top tier team. But you never know. It'll be nice to have Peters and McLaurin starting by then.

LC Dawg
10-08-2015, 02:04 PM
I think right now you can group auburn, Arkansas, and us in the disappointing start group. You can group OM, bama, aTm, and lsu in the good start group. I'm putting bama and OM in that group with a loss bc they also have a big time win.

Which team (if any) in each group is most likely to move up to top group or down to bottom group?

I think we are the only ones disappointed in our start because everyone picked us to be right about where we are. Auburn was picked by many to win the league and they seem to be the farthest away from being a good team. Out of the first group I'd say we are most likely to move into the top group because we are starting to get more contributions from our younger guys and our toughest game left is at home. I think Ole Miss is the most likely candidate to fall out of the other group because they are losing so many players. The team I am really curious to watch the rest of the year is A&M. If their defense keeps improving through the year they are going to be tough.

CJDAWG85
10-08-2015, 02:08 PM
We are the only team in the SEC West that has faced 3 SEC West Teams. Talk to me after we play UK and Mizzou and we will see where we stand compared to everyone else.

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Well, I think the "good" v "Bad" start is based on what we perceive these teams to be at this point. However, the media perception of these teams (particularly OM) maybe a little off. For example, Bama losing at home to OM....isn't a good start for them. Period. UF proved that this weekend.

State....I would say is neither a good nor bad start. We are in the wait and see category. A road OOC and SEC win is good. A home loss is bad but to a top 10 team...push. A road loss to a top 10 SEC team, not bad, expected if you are not Alabama. If State can win the next 3, Mizzou and OM, fans should perceive the season as "good". Maybe not great but good, satisfying. I would say State finished in the "good" half but Im not sure others will.

Bama is a bad start. They don't lose at home to OM. But I think Bama and LSU are the most likely to finish strong. Bama has found their QB and he will get better each week. LSU is loaded with talent. I predict Bama and LSU finish 11-1. Bama goes to the SECCG because of head to head.

Arkansas is disappointing for sure. A home loss to Toledo? C'mon man! They may have found something in Knoxville to pick up their pace but a tough remaining schedule might leave them with the perception of having a bad season. They are capable of upsetting OM but....need to find more offense. Regardless LSU will slap them back down and the Hog fans will park a Harley with a hot GA in Beliema's drive way.

OM...regardless of how good they think they are......losing to LSU and State to close the season will sting. Thus finishing bad.