View Full Version : NCAAF salaries

PassInterference
10-08-2015, 01:08 PM
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Mullen 16th

IMO..

Most overpaid - Charlie Strong at #6 with $5.1M

Most underpaid - Nick Saban at #1 with $7M

If you look at a coach's record and the impact his regime has brought to the school, I'd say Saban is underpaid at $7M. Especially look at AD revenue growth under the coach's tenure. You'd have to weight the ESPN bloat away from it. I've seen these figures before and that's why Saban deserves $15+M from Bama.

missouridawg
10-08-2015, 01:35 PM
James Franklin and Hugh Freeze are both wading in the overpaid category.

Hugh makes more the Dan but hasn't finished higher than him in the standings yet.

Gary Pinkel might be underpaid... considering he is a two time defending SEC East champ.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2015, 01:38 PM
If you think Saban is underpaid you have to feel the same about Urban Meyer. Maybe the most underpaid coach in America is Mark Dantonio. Coming into this year you would have to say Sumlin probably was overpaid.

Johnson85
10-08-2015, 01:43 PM
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Mullen 16th

IMO..

Most overpaid - Charlie Strong at #6 with $5.1M

Most underpaid - Nick Saban at #1 with $7M

If you look at a coach's record and the impact his regime has brought to the school, I'd say Saban is underpaid at $7M. Especially look at AD revenue growth under the coach's tenure. You'd have to weight the ESPN bloat away from it. I've seen these figures before and that's why Saban deserves $15+M from Bama.

The espn bloat is created in large part by the coaches. The obsession of SEC fans is certainly valuable, but it's the coaches putting out nationally competitive teams that make the SEC the most marketable conference in college sports.

defiantdog
10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Charlie Strong is over paid for what he's produced. I'm surprised Ferentz is paid that high..... he was hired when I was in high school, so I guess it makes sense. Brian Kelly has to be making more than 1.1 mil a year. I'm also surprised Fedora is only making 1.9 at UNC.

Coach007
10-08-2015, 02:28 PM
They are all over paid.

ScottH
10-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Brian Kelly has to be making more than 1.1 mil a year.

Something I read recently had Kelly at 4mm. I recall it because I thought "poor ole MSU paying the same as Notre Dame."

smootness
10-08-2015, 04:15 PM
They are all over paid.

How do you figure?