PDA

View Full Version : Team 7- the Georgia Bulldogs

Coach34
07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
record- 12-2
HC- Mark Richt
OC- Mike Bobo
DC- Todd Grantham (4th season)

Offense- 9 starters return (QB, 1 WR, OL returns intact plus TE, both TB's)
Defense- 3 starters return (DE, LB, CB)

schedule:

@Clemson
SC
Open
North Texas
LSU
@Tenn
Mizzou
@Vandy
Open
Fla
App State
@Auburn
Kentucky
Ga Tech

This is an insane schedule with OOC's Clemson and Ga Tech- both on the road. They do get SC and LSU at home though.

They will have one of the best offenses in the country. They have a high draft pick at QB and 2 outstanding TB's. The OL returns intact- and that is huge. Their play on defense will be the difference in winning 9-10 or playing for a NC. We'll see just how well they have been recruiting on defense.

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 12:11 PM
I think they win those first two and the snowball builds from there. 11-1 (7-1) and they play Bama for the SECC again.

msstate7
07-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I think they win those first two and the snowball builds from there. 11-1 (7-1) and they play Bama for the SECC again.

I'm with you. Then I think they beat bama and win title

The Croom Diaries
07-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Their defense was gutted and Granthem is an over-rated DC. With a stacked defense last year their run D was horrible. They do have plenty of talent coming in but they are a little green and get major tests the first two weeks. The offense should be the best in the SEC - probably not even close. I think they beat USC but lose to Clemson, LSU and Florida.

9-3 (6-2)

dawg21
07-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Their defense was gutted and Granthem is an over-rated DC. With a stacked defense last year their run D was horrible. They do have plenty of talent coming in but they are a little green and get major tests the first two weeks. The offense should be the best in the SEC - probably not even close. I think they beat USC but lose to Clemson, LSU and Florida.

9-3 (6-2)

They were #32 in total defense and #18 in scoring defense. If they come close to that again they could very easily play for the NC.

PMDawg
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
10-2 (7-1). Losses to The Clemp and Flarda.

Political Hack
07-24-2013, 02:20 PM
they will beat Bama in the SECCG and win the National Championship.

The Croom Diaries
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
They were #32 in total defense and #18 in scoring defense. If they come close to that again they could very easily play for the NC.

In 2011 they gave up 101 YPG on the ground, in 2012 they gave up 182 (12th in the SEC) - and that was with 10 returning starters. That is my basis for Granthem being overrated. And that rushing defense was the worst at Georgia since something like 1986. Now they lose NINE players on defense. NINE NFL players on defense.

I wouldn't view any SEC team's numbers from a national perpective. 18th in the nation, but just 6th in the SEC. For a team that was supposed to have a stellar D last year, that wasn't very good. Now they lose all that talent. They have A LOT of work to do.

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh shit, I forgot that they just hired Chris Wilson....

May change my prediction.

dawg21
07-24-2013, 02:45 PM
I agree Grantham hasn't done a great job with the talent he has. I guess the point I was making is that they are still an big time SEC program...and I just don't think they will fall far from #32 in total defense. They still put players on the field.