PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky's best recruit hasn't been cleared by the NCAA

BayouDawg
10-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Why do I have a hunch the NCAA will get in a bigger hurry with this than they did with the Sidney situation?

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Why do I have a hunch the NCAA will get in a bigger hurry with this than they did with the Sidney situation?

Sad thing is now we all wish the NCAA had drug it out even longer.

BayouDawg
10-07-2015, 06:46 PM

Lol I know right? Such a waste of talent. I will never understand how our staff allowed him to get so rotund.

Mjoelner34
10-07-2015, 06:48 PM

I heard this guy just showed up at the NCAA Eligibility Center in Indy.
http://www.alanalford.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/fired3.jpg

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2015, 07:01 PM

In hindsight MSU would have been better off had he been declared ineligible. I'll always wonder if things might have been different if he hadn't had eligibility problems. The long lay off had to hurt.

BeardoMSU
10-07-2015, 07:20 PM
In hindsight MSU would have been better off had he been declared ineligible. I'll always wonder if things might have been different if he hadn't had eligibility problems. The long lay off had to hurt.

I think we're all about to feel good about how things turned out. We wandered through the desert for 40 years with Croom and did ok, why not think we can crawl throw 500 yards of fowl with basketball and not come out clean n the other side?

Harrydawg
10-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Also heard last week from an extremely good source that Ben Simmons (#1 recruit now at LSU) was also not yet cleared

And before anyone asks, yes - Malik is cleared

msstate7
10-07-2015, 07:22 PM
I think we're all about to feel good about how things turned out. We wandered through the desert for 40 years with Croom and did ok, why not think we can crawl throw 500 yards of fowl with basketball and not come out clean n the other side?

The basketball programs (men and women's) are probably gonna be the best athletic programs we have very shortly

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Oh I think we are. I was just posting about Sidney. Last I heard he was trying to hook back up wit some Podunk team in Charlottetown PEI, without much luck. I've been to that town. It's a nice place but if there is a center to the basketball universe, that's about as far as you can get from it. What a waste.

smootness
10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Lol I know right? Such a waste of talent. I will never understand how our staff allowed him to get so rotund.

Our coaches may not have handled him well. But it was in no way their fault he was that big. He was at least that big by his junior year of HS. He just didn't have the desire to get in shape, nothing much you can really do about that.

BrunswickDawg
10-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Our coaches may not have handled him well. But it was in no way their fault he was that big. He was at least that big by his junior year of HS. He just didn't have the desire to get in shape, nothing much you can really do about that.
If John Lucas couldn't get through to the kid, no one could.

BayouDawg
10-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Agree to disagree. Sidney is to blame because he was a total ****tard, but the staff is to blame too for allowing him to stay on the team and rewarding his lack of a work ethic.

BayouDawg
10-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Also heard last week from an extremely good source that Ben Simmons (#1 recruit now at LSU) was also not yet cleared

That would suck for LSWho. Even with Simmons I still don't think they'll be a contender with Jonny Jones. He's just a terrible coach. Without Simmons I doubt they could even be a bubble team

msstate7
10-07-2015, 09:00 PM

Wow... That would really help our chances in the sec

smootness
10-07-2015, 09:49 PM
Agree to disagree. Sidney is to blame because he was a total ****tard, but the staff is to blame too for allowing him to stay on the team and rewarding his lack of a work ethic.

That's a different issue, though. Our staff should have given him far more consequences, including ultimately being kicked off the team, than they did. But you asked how they let him get so big. That wasn't their doing.

BayouDawg
10-07-2015, 10:54 PM
That's a different issue, though. Our staff should have given him far more consequences, including ultimately being kicked off the team, than they did. But you asked how they let him get so big. That wasn't their doing.
This is true. I agree Sidney was the one ultimately choosing to shove Big Macs down his pie hole.