PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Freeze losing control of program....

Ronny
07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
...I think we all saw this one coming:

Holier-than-thou hick who talks the big shit (and knows how to speak the "Christian" language of the white entitlement class up Oxford way) finally realizes he is living in the real world of college football savagery, where nobody gives a shit if you can quote Leviticus to the 8th grade campers at the Sardis Lake retreat.

Just like any MSU fan with common sense, I knew this clown would eventually collapse under the weight of his tent revival huckster act.

Just didn't know it would happen so soon. (I was going to wait for the NCAA to nail him for dirty recruiting, but it looks he's gotten ahead of himself in his timeline).

Anyway, funny to see Dean Wormer's Animal House out of control, after all those inspirational exhortations promising such hoodlum sin would ever desecrate his fine football progam.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-24-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm all for OM crashing and burning, but what the hell are you talking about?

FlabLoser
07-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Five players in an incident involving drugs, assualting a police officer, and arrests.

engie
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
- starting qb recovering from shoulder surgery who invites way more contact than he should who, by all accounts, their season basically rides on...

- 2nd string qb in court today for marijuana related offense(possibly not his first one)

- 3rd string qb transferring out of the program once known as "the best qb from MS since Jason Campbell"

Beyond this, they have 2 true freshmen...one of which couldn't help them at all this year...

SignalToNoise
07-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Five players in an incident involving drugs, assualting a police officer, and arrests.

I personally would not call that losing control of the program though it certainly discredits the idea that OM football players behave better because Freeze plays praise music in the locker room. We'll see how it plays out but it could only be a matter of time before it's exposed that Freeze is in over his head when it comes to handling the personas/egos at the collegiate level vs high school level.

BeastMan
07-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I enjoy the style in which you post. Always cracks me up

AlSwearengen
07-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Hugh Fraud was never in control of that program. He is a puppet whose persona as a "fine upstanding christian" was created to give the perception that everything in oxford is straight and narrow. Fraud tweets bible verses and quotes scripture to the parents while the real heads of the program are arranging sexual encounters for the recruits at the library and cash advances to uncles and cousins. You could see this coming from the very beginning.

He isn't there to run a clean program. He is there to go along with what they want to do and give the appearance that they have a clean program by doing his best billy graham impersonation.

Coach 57
07-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Link? Anyone?

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah yesterday was pretty rough on the Rebs definitely. Let's see if we can do a little better than the Gene'spage-esk type post starters and go more with facts rather than using such hyperbole that makes the outside readers I assume this is intended for just laugh rather than see the actual point. But maybe to each his own I guess.

FlabLoser
07-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Link? Anyone?

Its on the CL.

The police report names five current or former Ole Miss football players involved in the incident.
What happened: At Oxford Square Apartments, a car driven by Jamal Mosley and one driven by Nick Brassell collided and damaged two other parked cars. Barry Brunetti, in Mosley?s passenger seat, told officers he was driving Brassell?s car because the latter lacked proper insurance.
Mosley ran into the apartment, and one officer followed. He smelled a strong odor of marijuana, and saw traces of pot in an ashtray.
Upon questioning the three, Randall Mackey became defiant and starting screaming obscenities at the officer. After allegedly shoving an officer, he was placed under arrest.
Another officer began searching the apartment, and found marijuana grinders in separate rooms. One room belonged to Brunetti, and he was given the citation. The other, they were told, belonged to Brishen Mathews, who was not in home and not charged.
Brunetti initially denied using marijuana, even saying that coach Hugh Freeze had put a stop to that. But he eventually admitted to it.
On June 18 Brunetti met with an officer to talk about the car accident. He then admitted it was Brassell driving. Brassell also admitted this in a later, separate meeting.

Goat Holder
07-24-2013, 10:21 AM
This may indeed be the chink in Freeze's armor. Because, up to this point, he's really done everything right. Seemed to have coached and motivated the existing players well, and he recruits well. Good speaker and seems like a good guy. But it appears really that no discipline at all was given here and this whole incident was covered up. That doesn't bode well for his respect from the players.

blacklistedbully
07-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I suspect y'all are celebrating prematurely. I doubt any real harm comes from this.

FlabLoser
07-24-2013, 10:34 AM
There is probably a grower on the football team. Probably a matter of time until somebody gets hit for dealing. That's just conjecture on my part.

No conjecture is that 5 guys got in trouble over drugs, assaulting an officer, and lying to the cops. Then you've got Marshall Henderson, who Ole Miss signed knowing he already had a bad drug record.

That new AD they have has to see he's got some big messes to clean up.

Coach34
07-24-2013, 10:42 AM
He hasnt lost control yet- but this party is just starting

EAVdog
07-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Frankly I don't know why people get so twerked about the Ole Miss Coach every time they bring in someone new.

Sure Freeze had a better than expected season (thanks to Auburn and Ark, and State frankly) and he recrutied very well. But every new Ole Miss Coach recruits very well his first year, and pretty good again the second year. Stories of partying, failed drug tests, car wrecks, academic shenanigans, etc... eventually start to trickle out. And sooner or later the recruiting slows down and the trips to Atlanta don't appear and the fanbase turns on the Coach. And the next campaign to bring in Tony Dungy starts.

The Ole Miss Football Program is bigger than the Coach, and not in a good way. It's all so predictable. Just sit back and enjoy the show. If Freeze goes 6-6 again this year the rumblings will start. There is a reason the lifespan of the typical Ole Miss Coach is less than 4 years.

Political Hack
07-24-2013, 11:17 AM
he recruits a lot better than he "unrecruits."

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Frankly I don't know why people get so twerked about the Ole Miss Coach every time they bring in someone new.

Sure Freeze had a better than expected season (thanks to Auburn and Ark, and State frankly) and he recrutied very well. But every new Ole Miss Coach recruits very well his first year, and pretty good again the second year. Stories of partying, failed drug tests, car wrecks, academic shenanigans, etc... eventually start to trickle out. And sooner or later the recruiting slows down and the trips to Atlanta don't appear and the fanbase turns on the Coach. And the next campaign to bring in Tony Dungy starts.

The Ole Miss Football Program is bigger than the Coach, and not in a good way. It's all so predictable. Just sit back and enjoy the show. If Freeze goes 6-6 again this year the rumblings will start. There is a reason the lifespan of the typical Ole Miss Coach is less than 4 years.

Well put.

Pollodawg
07-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Freeze is the ultimate redneck. good old boy. He knows what the reb faithful want, and he's giving it to them in bucket fulls.

FlabLoser
07-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Good point on coaching lifespan.

Freeze 2012 -

Nutt 2008 - 2011

Orgeron 2005 - 2007

Cuttcliffe 1999 - 2004 (the best coach since Vaught)

Tuberville 1995 - 1998

Brewer 1982 - 1994

Sloan 1978 - 1982

Ken Cooper 1974 - 1977

Billy Kinard 1970 - 1973

Vaught Vaught Vaught Vaught Vaught....

Ole Miss is on their 9th coach in 40 years. Less than 4.5 years per coach. Since Vauht, Brewer is the only guy that stayed a while.

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Speaking of bucket fulls.....has wooly17er joined over here yet?

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Good point on coaching lifespan.

Freeze 2012 -

Nutt 2008 - 2011

Orgeron 2005 - 2007

Cuttcliffe 1999 - 2004 (the best coach since Vaught)

Tuberville 1995 - 1998

Brewer 1982 - 1994

Sloan 1978 - 1982

Ken Cooper 1974 - 1977

Billy Kinard 1970 - 1973

Vaught Vaught Vaught Vaught Vaught....

Ole Miss is on their 9th coach in 40 years. Less than 4.5 years per coach. Since Vauht, Brewer is the only guy that stayed a while.

Too lazy to look it up, but how does that compare to our coaching history? Seems we should start telling recruits that they are very unlikely to still be playing for the Reverend Hugh Fraud by the time their Junior season rolls around if they sign now.

Goat Holder
07-24-2013, 11:37 AM
There are alot of similarities between Freeze and Dog Brewer. Just sayin'. Hugh Freeze ain't leaving until they fire him.

We are going to have to find a way to beat him.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Too lazy to look it up, but how does that compare to our coaching history? Seems we should start telling recruits that they are very unlikely to still be playing for the Reverend Hugh Fraud by the time their Junior season rolls around if they sign now.

We are on our 7th coach within that timespan (1970-present): Shira, Tyler, Bellard, Felker, Sherrill, Croom and Mullen. But Shira goes back to 1967, so we have had 7 coaches over the last 47 years (including this year). That's 6.7 years per coach.

FlabLoser
07-24-2013, 11:40 AM
In 40 years, we've gone 6.7 years per coach.

TopDog58
07-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Brother Hugh is doing something right. He's even got Vegas believing that they could be an 8-9 win team. It all hinges on that first game. If Vandy wins again, they could be beat down by the time they head to the Plains on October 5th. Beat Vandy and they could be at 7-4 possibly 8-3 headed to 'Vegas.

Will James
07-24-2013, 11:50 AM
He hasnt lost control yet- but this party is just starting

I'm hoping they become the college football version of the New York Jets.

Pollodawg
07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Speaking of bucket fulls.....has wooly17er joined over here yet?

I don't know, but I find it truly humorous that they lose posters to here everyday.

CadaverDawg
07-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't know, but I find it truly humorous that they lose posters to here everyday.

He's a member here it appears...

http://www.elitedawgs.com/member.php?350-Wooly17er

msstate7
07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
he recruits a lot better than he "unrecruits."

Nailed it. That's what makes saban so special.

I seen it dawg
07-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Hugh Fraud was never in control of that program. He is a puppet whose persona as a "fine upstanding christian" was created to give the perception that everything in oxford is straight and narrow. Fraud tweets bible verses and quotes scripture to the parents while the real heads of the program are arranging sexual encounters for the recruits at the library and cash advances to uncles and cousins. You could see this coming from the very beginning.

He isn't there to run a clean program. He is there to go along with what they want to do and give the appearance that they have a clean program by doing his best billy graham impersonation.

Chizik 2.0 possibly? Of course they can't get a Cam so it will be minus the one glory yr.