PDA

View Full Version : Liverpooldawg

Dawg61
10-06-2015, 09:08 PM
This board is the one avenue we as MSU fans have to VENT in this world. We can't go around bitching to 99.9% of the living population because 99.9% of the living population has no clue about anything MSU. You want everyone bottling up everything forever? Not gonna ****ing happen. Stop trying to POLICE everyone's thoughts and words. It's very arrogant of you to think you have that right. I guaran****ingtee you almost every Kentucky Wildcat fan was bitching when their undefeated Wildcats actually lost one game vs Wisconsin in the final four. Point is that WHEN WE LOSE WE BITCH. Fans bitch. Alabama fans bitch. New England Patriots fans bitch. Hoover high school fans bitch. Hell even UCLA and John Wooden had fans bitch when he didn't win his 12th National Championship in a row. We are at the right place to do that. You on the other hand I'm not so sure. When people needed a place to go bitch about sports they invented SPORTS MESSAGE BOARDS. Do you understand that? You have walked into a small city full of zombies and are attempting to tell everyone of them to stop eating brains. Good luck with that.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2015, 09:32 PM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/yes-reaction-gifs.gif

GreenheadDawg
10-06-2015, 09:49 PM
This board is the one avenue we as MSU fans have to VENT in this world. We can't go around bitching to 99.9% of the living population because 99.9% of the living population has no clue about anything MSU. You want everyone bottling up everything forever? Not gonna ****ing happen. Stop trying to POLICE everyone's thoughts and words. It's very arrogant of you to think you have that right. I guaran****ingtee you almost every Kentucky Wildcat fan was bitching when their undefeated Wildcats actually lost one game vs Wisconsin in the final four. Point is that WHEN WE LOSE WE BITCH. Fans bitch. Alabama fans bitch. New England Patriots fans bitch. Hoover high school fans bitch. Hell even UCLA and John Wooden had fans bitch when he didn't win his 12th National Championship in a row. We are at the right place to do that. You on the other hand I'm not so sure. When people needed a place to go bitch about sports they invented SPORTS MESSAGE BOARDS. Do you understand that? You have walked into a small city full of zombies and are attempting to tell everyone of them to stop eating brains. Good luck with that dumbass.

Haha, yes!!!!!

Dawgface
10-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Exactly.

Todd4State
10-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Post of the season.

Coach34
10-06-2015, 10:14 PM
Easily your best post evah

chef dixon
10-06-2015, 10:18 PM
His differing viewpoints drove some pretty good message board conversation in my opinion. It eventually drives some people to butthurtdom though when the disagreement is prolonged.

State82
10-06-2015, 10:20 PM
And a post that makes more sense than 99.9% of the ones I typically read.

K9 Avenger
10-06-2015, 11:09 PM
His differing viewpoints drove some pretty good message board conversation in my opinion. It eventually drives some people to butthurtdom though when the disagreement is prolonged.

THIS is easily the best post in the thread....

War Machine Dawg
10-06-2015, 11:55 PM
This board is the one avenue we as MSU fans have to VENT in this world. We can't go around bitching to 99.9% of the living population because 99.9% of the living population has no clue about anything MSU. You want everyone bottling up everything forever? Not gonna ****ing happen. Stop trying to POLICE everyone's thoughts and words. It's very arrogant of you to think you have that right. I guaran****ingtee you almost every Kentucky Wildcat fan was bitching when their undefeated Wildcats actually lost one game vs Wisconsin in the final four. Point is that WHEN WE LOSE WE BITCH. Fans bitch. Alabama fans bitch. New England Patriots fans bitch. Hoover high school fans bitch. Hell even UCLA and John Wooden had fans bitch when he didn't win his 12th National Championship in a row. We are at the right place to do that. You on the other hand I'm not so sure. When people needed a place to go bitch about sports they invented SPORTS MESSAGE BOARDS. Do you understand that? You have walked into a small city full of zombies and are attempting to tell everyone of them to stop eating brains. Good luck with that dumbass.

http://i.imgur.com/f6fQBmX.gif

It_Could_Happen
10-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Great Post.

Schultzy
10-07-2015, 04:42 AM
But absent Liverpool, we don't even have a full roster.

shannondawg
10-07-2015, 08:17 AM
Guess if we didn't have it, there would not be any reason for message boards. But I do not like the bitching , cause I feel like its my family they are talking about.

BB30
10-07-2015, 08:24 AM
THIS is easily the best post in the thread....

Exactly, nothing wrong with having a differing opinion. Thats what message boards are for.. correct? There have been posters go right behind someone saying something positive and "police" their post in the same manner. I guess if it does not fit the narrative then it is not ok?

Dawgtini
10-07-2015, 08:35 AM
.5/10. Would not read again.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Who is trying to police thoughts? I don't have that power here and I wouldn't use it on anything I have posted about if I did. I'm just griping too. Some of you are griping and venting about Mullen. I'm griping and venting about what you are doing. What's the difference? I've been called everything under the sun here and you don't see me complaining about it. If you are willing to dish out criticism then you need to be willing to take it. If I wasn't I would have left here long ago.

basedog
10-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Pretty good post. May I add that this goes BOTH ways, "pumping sunshine and the dark side views". To have a good message board you need both. I think I'm kinda in the middle of the sunshine/darkness.

Also Dawg61, I don't think calling Liver a "Dumb Ass" is correct, we just has his strong love affair for Msu as you and all the rest of us do on ED.

Btw, I'm not trying to stir things up, just think we all should have a little of both which I think we do, but some like to be more opinionated. Kind of reminds me of my young coaching days, I loved seeing my quotes in the paper, like every coach I've ever known especially HC, the ego's are off the shelve with lots of confidence and attitudes.

HailState!

CadaverDawg
10-07-2015, 09:04 AM
Who is trying to police thoughts? I don't have that power here and I wouldn't use it on anything I have posted about if I did. I'm just griping too. Some of you are griping and venting about Mullen. I'm griping and venting about what you are doing. What's the difference? I've been called everything under the sun here and you don't see me complaining about it.

The problem is, this is NOT a "Cadaverboard", "Iseenitboard", "dawg61board", etc....It is an MSU board, and Dan Mullen coaches MSU. Wanna bitch about MSU? Go for it. Wanna bitch about every single post certain people make? GTFO, bc you're not the appointed Hall Monitor that gets to police every post. Learn to ignore opinions you don't like, instead of ruining every thread on the board by responding to every critical thread with your personal jabs and "Mullen can do no wrong Bc he's been our best coach" bs. You're bringing a "sunshine only" Genespage approach to this board, and people don't want Genes2.0 here.

Can people be less critical? Sure. But it is not Liverpool's job to force that or constantly tell people that.

That's how I see it anyway, but maybe that's just me.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2015, 09:12 AM
As I said before, I don't have the power to force anything here. I wouldn't have used it on anything I have seen you post if I did. I also try never to descend into personal attacks or name calling. If I have, and as heated as it gets here sometimes I may have, I apologize. I do see views that are posted here as fair game. That includes my own.

MagnificentBastard
10-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Translation: Liverpooldawg is ruining this board by posting opinions that disagree with CadaverDawg. Man, get over yourself.

CadaverDawg
10-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Translation: Liverpooldawg is ruining this board by posting opinions that disagree with CadaverDawg. Man, get over yourself.

Ummm no, not at all accurate. I love differing opinions. It makes debate fun. Big difference btwn having a different viewpoint and being the negative comment police. And it isn't just me...you must have missed that I didn't start this thread, bud.

Saltydog
10-07-2015, 10:00 AM
is saying or has written, I don't have to respond. He's not the only argumentative person on this board. He's obviously very passionate about MSU and hates UM with that same passion. Plus, every board needs an anti-hero.

Political Hack
10-07-2015, 10:13 AM
message board drama is the coolest.

sandwolf
10-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Exactly, nothing wrong with having a differing opinion. Thats what message boards are for.. correct? There have been posters go right behind someone saying something positive and "police" their post in the same manner. I guess if it does not fit the narrative then it is not ok?

For the most part, nobody gets pissed when he disagrees with someone and presents a half way reasonable argument to support his position. People get pissed when he just starts blindly defending Mullen/the staff without arguing the points that were made in a post, turning the thread into multiple pages of a whiny message board slap fight.

defiantdog
10-07-2015, 10:23 AM
message board drama is the coolest.
Message board drama reminds of my girlfriend right before her period.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2015, 10:26 AM
I've said all I can say here. I'm not upset at all at the criticism that has come my way. If you dish it out, you should expect it to come back your way. That's life.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2015, 08:12 PM
blah blah blah...

The argument goes the same in every direction. We're not trying to pump sunshine. There are things we aren't happy about too. I'm never happy about a loss, and I'm usually quite pissed. I'm also happy about things. I still think we're still moving in the right direction as a program despite the bumps in the road. In the end, I'm somewhere in the middle of the road when it comes to being stoked vs. pissed, but generally more positive than negative. I'm keeping the list short as I am not trying to debate what we're doing wrong or right about our program.

The majority of the board, however, does way more bitching/complaining currently about the bad things that we do or the problems we have than discuss/talk about the good things going on. It's only natural for those of us in the middle to defend (perhaps sometimes too much) what we still see as an overall positive.

If it was the other way around, you'd have the same thing. If the majority were talking about how good we are right now, a small minority of people would be getting blasted for being too negative about the team and the majority would be trying to send those people to another board because they don't feel exactly the same way about the program at this exact moment.

mparkerfd20
10-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I disagree a little sleepy. This board has generally been more negative than positive except for most of last year. Otherwise I agree with your post.

Barking 13
10-08-2015, 12:05 AM
blah blah blah...

The argument goes the same in every direction. We're not trying to pump sunshine. There are things we aren't happy about too. I'm never happy about a loss, and I'm usually quite pissed. I'm also happy about things. I still think we're still moving in the right direction as a program despite the bumps in the road. In the end, I'm somewhere in the middle of the road when it comes to being stoked vs. pissed, but generally more positive than negative. I'm keeping the list short as I am not trying to debate what we're doing wrong or right about our program.

The majority of the board, however, does way more bitching/complaining currently about the bad things that we do or the problems we have than discuss/talk about the good things going on. It's only natural for those of us in the middle to defend (perhaps sometimes too much) what we still see as an overall positive.

If it was the other way around, you'd have the same thing. If the majority were talking about how good we are right now, a small minority of people would be getting blasted for being too negative about the team and the majority would be trying to send those people to another board because they don't feel exactly the same way about the program at this exact moment.

hear, hear!! slow clap.....

Dawgface
10-08-2015, 07:28 AM
To my bitching friends.......continue to bitch. Ignore the sunshine pumpers and that will piss them off even more. ;)