PDA

View Full Version : ESPN has a 20 something year old woman doing color comentary in the booth for...

IMissJack
10-06-2015, 07:23 PM
the MLB playoffs? What's the qualifications? It just seems like you would want someone that may have played doing that. Now I know I am old.

Treemydawg
10-06-2015, 07:30 PM
You don't need to be qualified when you have a 20 something year old *****. Just giving it to the right people magically makes you qualified.

shoeless joe
10-06-2015, 08:11 PM
the MLB playoffs? What's the qualifications? It just seems like you would want someone that may have played doing that. Now I know I am old.

Made the same post back when she did a Sunday nite game. Play by play is one thing but I want an experienced individual as the color analyst...yes even joe Morgan. Every single other color analyst played the game at a high level, except tom verducci and he is at lead an extreme insider, although I don't prefer listening to him. This is nothing more than ESPN pushing their agenda once again.

CarolinaDawgs
10-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Its Jessica Mendoza and she's almost 34. She played softball for the U.S. for forever. John Kirk is trolling her.

TUSK
10-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Chick that was doing the Bammer/UGA game did a brief sideline report on how Bammer was 'cutting edge' [sic] by "bringing O2 tanks to their sidelines"....

she was smokin' though...

bulldogcountry1
10-07-2015, 09:33 AM
I didn't mind it. She only spoke when she had something useful to offer. I wish all other commentators would do the same thing. I think she held her own.

RC3
10-07-2015, 09:42 AM
sexist thread is sexist

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2015, 09:49 AM
Made the same post back when she did a Sunday nite game. Play by play is one thing but I want an experienced individual as the color analyst...yes even joe Morgan. Every single other color analyst played the game at a high level, except tom verducci and he is at lead an extreme insider, although I don't prefer listening to him. This is nothing more than ESPN pushing their agenda once again.

I would rather listen to cats fight than Joe Morgan.

War Machine Dawg
10-07-2015, 12:29 PM
sexist thread is sexist

I would rather listen to cats fight than Joe Morgan.

Nailed it. Only clown worse than Morgain is McCarver.

Dawg61
10-07-2015, 12:59 PM
I'll take her over John Kruk. ESPN is the worst network for baseball. Fox, TBS and MLBNetwork destroy ESPN for baseball.

starkvegasdawg
10-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm trying hard to figure out your objection here.

http://talkoforlando.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Jessica-Mendoza1.jpg

thunderclap
10-07-2015, 01:26 PM
I wish more baseball announcers would figure out you don't have to constantly talk.

Bubb Rubb
10-07-2015, 01:38 PM
Nailed it. Only clown worse than Morgain is McCarver.

McCarver and Costas - two guys who used to be the best - but then they started over-analyzing and editorializing everything and outsmarting themselves. McCarver still does Cardinal games and he makes them borderline unwatchable now.

In baseball, less is more. Vin Scully will always be the best, although Jack Buck was pretty good too.

Dawg61
10-07-2015, 02:14 PM
McCarver and Costas - two guys who used to be the best - but then they started over-analyzing and editorializing everything and outsmarting themselves. McCarver still does Cardinal games and he makes them borderline unwatchable now.

In baseball, less is more. Vin Scully will always be the best, although Jack Buck was pretty good too.

Nobody touches Scully. He's the only one announcing during home Dodgers games. It's unbelievable to listen to him. I am a Giants fan but Scully makes it impossible for me to hate watching Dodgers games.

shannondawg
10-07-2015, 03:33 PM
As far as I am concerned they all talk too much, baseball, football, men and women basketball.

bgover4
10-07-2015, 03:41 PM
I didn't mind it. She only spoke when she had something useful to offer. I wish all other commentators would do the same thing. I think she held her own.

So you are telling me she's hot and doesn't talk too much. I like her more and more

Schultzy
10-07-2015, 04:25 PM
So you are telling me she's hot and doesn't talk too much. I like her more and more

You might better check the hot crazy matrix vid on YouTube.

Bullsy
10-07-2015, 04:48 PM

....she's not talking in that picture :)
(So no problem)

CarolinaDawgs
10-07-2015, 04:52 PM

Not Sure if you listened/know much about baseball but she said Springer "mishit" a ball that one hopped the 405 CF wall in about 2.3 seconds....

KRUK TROLLED HER HARD AFTER THAT DUMB COMMENT.

notsofarawaydawg
10-07-2015, 05:06 PM
So men who commentate "WOMENS" softball on TV should just keep their mouth shut most of the time? That's basically what a lot of you are saying. Y'all have been listening to Mutt the Sexist way too long. Ask him how it feels to have your boss climb your ass for staying on the message boards all day on his state funded employers computer.

mparkerfd20
10-07-2015, 05:19 PM

Except she doesn't look like that.... She looks like this:

http://m.mlb.com/assets/images/5/8/8/145186588/cuts/MENDOZA_sfa7vt83_7b27kzsp.jpg

IMissJack
10-07-2015, 05:26 PM
So men who commentate "WOMENS" softball on TV should just keep their mouth shut most of the time? That's basically what a lot of you are saying. Y'all have been listening to Mutt the Sexist way too long. Ask him how it feels to have your boss climb your ass for staying on the message boards all day on his state funded employers computer.

No, I'm saying don't equate softball with MLB playoffs.

shoeless joe
10-07-2015, 05:33 PM

What I'm saying is that if someone is goin to tell me the difficulties in hitting a 90+ fastball or a hard breaking slider in a pressure packed MLB situation I would like for them to have some experience at it. You wouldn't be interested in my commentary on open heart surgery and I'm not interested in the baseball commentary of someone who hasn't been there and done that. That's all I'm saying...BUT it's clearly an agenda push by ESPN. If not for college football I'd never watch.

Similar situation: if you listen to mike and mike in the mornings whose opinion on playing pro football do you respect more?

smootness
10-07-2015, 06:08 PM
What I'm saying is that if someone is goin to tell me the difficulties in hitting a 90+ fastball or a hard breaking slider in a pressure packed MLB situation I would like for them to have some experience at it. You wouldn't be interested in my commentary on open heart surgery and I'm not interested in the baseball commentary of someone who hasn't been there and done that. That's all I'm saying...BUT it's clearly an agenda push by ESPN. If not for college football I'd never watch.

Similar situation: if you listen to mike and mike in the mornings whose opinion on playing pro football do you respect more?

So then you are saying men shouldn't commentate fast-pitch softball. Or women's basketball. Or gymastics. Women's figure skating, etc. Because even if they've played the particular sport, or a variation of it, they still don't know the exact intricacies of that particular sport unless they've actually been in there doing it.

I feel like I would be a better baseball commentator than Joe Morgan. And no, I'm not kidding. It's not because I'm a genius or would be better than 95% of all baseball fans. It's just that Joe Morgan is that bad. And Mike Golic is also terrible at pretty much any analysis, including pro football.

IMissJack
10-07-2015, 06:27 PM
So then you are saying men shouldn't commentate fast-pitch softball. Or women's basketball. Or gymastics. Women's figure skating, etc. Because even if they've played the particular sport, or a variation of it, they still don't know the exact intricacies of that particular sport unless they've actually been in there doing it.

I feel like I would be a better baseball commentator than Joe Morgan. And no, I'm not kidding. It's not because I'm a genius or would be better than 95% of all baseball fans. It's just that Joe Morgan is that bad. And Mike Golic is also terrible at pretty much any analysis, including pro football.

I would say that a man should lose credibility for being an expert analyst if he has not participated in the sport he is commenting on.

shoeless joe
10-07-2015, 06:56 PM

I would respect the opinion more of someone with experience...that's all I'm saying. I said in an earlier post that I feel the same about listening to tom verducci as I do Mendoza. So yes, if someone is discussing the intricacies of the game then I want them to have a high degree of knowledge.

I will also add that I dislike 95% of all commentators and media when it comes to sports.

Bubb Rubb
10-08-2015, 08:17 AM
I would respect the opinion more of someone with experience...that's all I'm saying. I said in an earlier post that I feel the same about listening to tom verducci as I do Mendoza. So yes, if someone is discussing the intricacies of the game then I want them to have a high degree of knowledge.

I will also add that I dislike 95% of all commentators and media when it comes to sports.

I agree that most commentators are terrible. There is a difference between a play-by-play guy and a commentator though. Most men commenting on women's hoops or women's softball are play-by-play guys, and they typically have a woman doing commentary. I do agree that there is something to be said for a commentator who has been there, done that, whether they're man or woman.

If you guys ever get a chance, watch a Mets broadcast on Sportsnet New York. The color guys are Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling, and they are very, very good. You can hear Darling on some of the TBS broadcasts and he really gets into the nuances of pitching. Hernandez is very funny and doesn't have a PC bone in his body, so you never know what he's going to say.