PDA

View Full Version : A&M trip

Belegal
10-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I went to game with my wife and really liked their campus. I was really impressed that they ran no commercials the whole game! Even my wife commented that she enjoyed it without the car commercial. Would have been a great trip if we had won!

BHildreth3
10-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Must be nice to make so much $ elsewhere that you don't have to have commericals and sponsorship #crapstastic segments.

BulldawgFan
10-06-2015, 12:39 PM
I went to game with my wife and really liked their campus. I was really impressed that they ran no commercials the whole game! Even my wife commented that she enjoyed it without the car commercial. Would have been a great trip if we had won!

Their athletic revenue is nearly double ours so it's not quite as necessary for them to run commercials. I'm sure no one in our Athletic Department would want to run commercials if they had the choice.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-06-2015, 12:40 PM
They also use zero piped in music and a majority of the crowd is old timers sitting around golf clapping. Campus doesn't look anywhere close to ours. Was LESS than impressed overall.

Homedawg
10-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Least intimidating crowd I've ever sat in. Our place gets way louder. Jmo.

Beaver
10-06-2015, 02:11 PM
They also use zero piped in music and a majority of the crowd is old timers sitting around golf clapping.

They also yell/cheer at a lower pitch than any other fanbase. I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it has something to do with all of the military folks.

Maroon_and_white
10-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Least intimidating crowd I've ever sat in. Our place gets way louder. Jmo.

Sounded weak on TV too.

SheltonChoked
10-06-2015, 03:05 PM
I didn't see Commercials, but I did see several sponsored segments during each break. And constant adds on the ribbon boards.

No mention of the Ticket Prices being much higher than ours either.

bobcat91
10-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Great facility and the fans could not have been nicer. Shuttling into the game was top notch and not rank amateurish like the garbage South Alabama did. Great concessions. I was very impressed.

bobcat91
10-06-2015, 04:22 PM
My only complaint was our own a hole fans that sold their tickets to A & M folks. We are the worst in the world at trying to make a buck back and screwing our own fans.