PDA

View Full Version : I see that Nakia Cathey is no longer listed as a committment.

Saltydog
07-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Are we making room for someone else or what's the story here. I've seen it reported he may not be with us much longer but didn't know if it was grades, him or us.

hailmari
07-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah, he uncommitted today. I think there was a mutual loss of interest.

Todd4State
07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
This is the worst kept secret out there. Brewster offered him despite spots being tight, he took it. While he was committed, he put out a lot of tweets about getting other offers and etc. and then he was a no show at Big Dawg Camp. That was the last straw.

I'm not sure who will get his spot- Alex Woodall or Marcus Green. My guess is Woodall since we offered him the other day. I would take both over Cathey.

Saltydog
07-24-2013, 09:13 AM
can't teach and that's SPEED.

mic
07-24-2013, 09:19 AM
I can see the headlines now...
Rebs flip 3 star WR/ATH Nakia Cathey from MSU

Statefan
07-24-2013, 11:39 AM
I can see the headlines now...
Rebs flip 3 star WR/ATH Nakia Cathey from MSU

Not to mention, he'd probably get an extra star for no reason

DiligenceDawg
07-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Not to mention, he'd probably get an extra star for no reason

What do you mean no reason?!?!

If the rev wants him that means he is an elite talent that will lead them to another #1 recruiting class!

Just don't let anything like facts or reason get in your way.

Pollodawg
07-24-2013, 01:17 PM
There is more "don't give a shit" in this thread than I've ever seen over "losing" a recruit. lol

mic
07-24-2013, 01:29 PM
What tells u all to need to know on this is.....
Has one word come up about Brewster recruiting this Kid at FSU..??? If so I haven't heard on any.. Im glad we have moved on and Best of luck to NC..

Coach34
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Has one word come up about Brewster recruiting this Kid at FSU..???..

Bingo

maroonmania
07-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Has one word come up about Brewster recruiting this Kid at FSU..??? If so I haven't heard on any.. Im glad we have moved on and Best of luck to NC..

Seriously, for all the hype, did Brewster even get us ONE top notch recruit that qualified while he was here? I know he got Gray but he didn't qualify and it was my understanding that Koennig had a lot more to do with Ross's recruitment than Brewster. He did seemingly get our foot in the door with a lot of guys but he apparently wasn't too great at sealing the deal.