PDA

View Full Version : De'runnya ?

BB30
10-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Was wanting yall's opinion on De'runnya and if he will leave after this year or be back? He seems to still be very raw. Obviously, he has been doubled and had help on his side most of the year but is he doing enough to get drafted early?

Dawgface
10-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Depends on what NFL scouts are telling him at year end. If they are giving him a good grade, I bet he will be gone.

msstate7
10-05-2015, 04:37 PM
I doubt he's back, but I selfishly wish he'd come back. I'd have a much better feeling about next season if our new qb had bear as a safety net.

Statefan
10-05-2015, 04:39 PM
I thinking the extended coverage on Bear has really opened up Ross, which is why he has so many catches this season

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Right now he is on pace for about 600 yards and 5 TDs this year. Hes gonna need some stat-padding games.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-05-2015, 04:49 PM
There is no such thing as a sure thing. But right now I put it at about 80% chance of him going pro.

DanDority
10-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Just for comparison Amari Cooper's Jr. stats: 2014 ALA

Johnson85
10-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Right now he is on pace for about 600 yards and 5 TDs this year. Hes gonna need some stat-padding games.

He's not going to get drafted off of his stats. He has the measurable and he makes plays in games. He has size, speed, and hands. They will view any other potential short comings as fixable and will draft accordingly.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2015, 05:20 PM
He's not going to get drafted off of his stats. He has the measurable and he makes plays in games. He has size, speed, and hands. They will view any other potential short comings as fixable and will draft accordingly.

I was with you until you said speed. Size and hands yes.

Johnson85
10-05-2015, 05:21 PM

I didn't mean that he would be fast for the NFL. Just meant that with his size and hands, he is plenty fast enough.

Dawg61
10-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Dak graduating probably scares Wilson some

DudyDawg
10-05-2015, 05:43 PM

Has a lot of drops tho.

Leroy Jenkins
10-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Has a lot of drops tho.

I was going to say he drops some... but I didn't because for every ball he missed that he should have caught, he caught one he should have missed. So it sorta balanced out.

Coach34
10-05-2015, 05:50 PM
He gone

archdog
10-05-2015, 05:54 PM
He has shown an ability to make the spectacular body twisting grab. The biggest thing about Bear is that he is getting bracketed on almost every play, so his stats are down. Amari found a way to get open even though teams had two guy on him. Mostly because the play action off of Bamas plays were more effective because they had a running game that demands help in the box from most teams. Our play action doesn't even fool me anymore. Its like they don't even try to sell it these days. In conclusion, it is my opinion that Bear is a scary dude to cover 1 on 1 on the outside, but most teams are not dumb enough to try more than once.

Coach34
10-05-2015, 06:02 PM
He has shown an ability to make the spectacular body twisting grab. The biggest thing about Bear is that he is getting bracketed on almost every play, so his stats are down. Amari found a way to get open even though teams had two guy on him. Mostly because the play action off of Bamas plays were more effective because they had a running game that demands help in the box from most teams. Our play action doesn't even fool me anymore. Its like they don't even try to sell it these days. In conclusion, it is my opinion that Bear is a scary dude to cover 1 on 1 on the outside, but most teams are not dumb enough to try more than once.

Kiffin used more imagination. He put Cooper in motion, set him up in the Slot against Safeties. Did all kinda of things to get him the ball. We do none of that

Op4isabitch
10-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Kiffin used more imagination. He put Cooper in motion, set him up in the Slot against Safeties. Did all kinda of things to get him the ball. We do none of that

And this is one of the things that has me so aggravated, we can't man up against the top teams in the conference, so in order to win we have to think outside the box but for whatever reason Dan isn't doing that, he seems content to run Shump and Holloway between the tackles for a gain of 3 inches.

smootness
10-05-2015, 09:44 PM

Well, De'Runnya also isn't Cooper. I love him, but comparing him to Cooper in any way is unfair to both him and us.

Coach34
10-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Well, De'Runnya also isn't Cooper. I love him, but comparing him to Cooper in any way is unfair to both him and us.

**** you

Wilson is one of the best athletes/WR's in the SEC. You find ways to get this guy the ball to win you games. He is an absolute mismatch against Secondarys- especially Safetys- ****ing coach Mullen. Use your brain and get this get this guy the ******* ball

msstate7
10-05-2015, 09:55 PM
**** you

Wilson is one of the best athletes/WR's in the SEC. You find ways to get this guy the ball to win you games. He is an absolute mismatch against Secondarys- especially Safetys- ****ing coach Mullen. Use your brain and get this get this guy the ******* ball

Little harsh there, huh C34? Cooper and bear are completely different players. Bear is a lot more physical and big, but Cooper would smoke him and Cooper could take a wr screen to the house... Cooper was a much more explosive player. Not saying bear isn't good bc he is... Really good, but they are different

smootness
10-05-2015, 09:56 PM
**** you

This board is becoming unbearable. What a gigantic dick.

I get a '**** you' after suggesting De'Runnya isn't Amari Cooper? Cooper is a rare talent, among the top 5% of WRs drafted that high. De'Runnya is great, and I think we should try to get him the ball more, too. But using Cooper's numbers as a comparison is disingenuous. Give me one other SEC WR who has EVER put up comparable numbers to Cooper last year. Go ahead, I'll wait.

TUSK
10-05-2015, 10:22 PM

yup, Cooper was special...

DudyDawg
10-05-2015, 10:39 PM
**** you

Bookmark this for when Bear is the top receiver day one for his NFL team.

Not a shot at bear. But amari is special.

TUSK
10-05-2015, 10:48 PM
Little harsh there, huh C34? Cooper and bear are completely different players. Bear is a lot more physical and big, but Cooper would smoke him and Cooper could take a wr screen to the house... Cooper was a much more explosive player. Not saying bear isn't good bc he is... Really good, but they are different

yeah, 1) that was a lil over the top; 2) Cooper and Bear don't belong in the same thread...

edit: yet

ScottH
10-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Absent an injury causing extreme physical uncertainty, he will not be back.

This year's stats are irrelevant. In his mind, he is gone.

And best of luck to him. May he make lots of coin and donate some back.

Political Hack
10-06-2015, 07:29 AM
No. I'll be pretty surprised if he leaves. He's not ready yet and it would cost him a lot of money in my opinion.

Coach34
10-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Bookmark this for when Bear is the top receiver day one for his NFL team.

Not a shot at bear. But amari is special.

im not saying Bear is a 1st round draft choice like Cooper. But Wilson is a 3rd round draft choice that can have a huge impact in every game that he plays when used correctly.

thf24
10-06-2015, 08:19 AM
He's a 3rd-4th round pick if he goes this year, but I think he could be a 1st rounder if he comes back and polishes up enough. Kelvin Benjamin was a 1st rounder last year, and Bear is an almost identical player.

Coach34
10-06-2015, 08:23 AM
And the **** You wasn't so much directed at said poster- but with poster after poster Ive encountered over the years that always tries to downplay our talented players.

I tell people 4 years ago Prescott is going to be the best QB to ever play at State- the response I get is "that's crazy. We won't ever have anybody better than Russell."
Or I tell people JRob is gone after the season- "no way that happens. He's not even preseason All-SEC"
And on and ****ing on

Bear is a mismatch in college football. He is a physical beast. As a coach you find a way for him to get the ball 10 times every Saturday. He's not coming back. He is going to train for the Combine after the season and go get drafted in the 3rd round to begin making money playing ball. That's his plan. So let's use him to the fullest while he is here

KentuckyDawg13
10-06-2015, 08:29 AM
Ross will be drafted higher than Bear.

Coach34
10-06-2015, 08:32 AM
We should be 4-1 or even 5-0 right now and we are just pissing it away. Sick of this shit. We don't get many chances like this and I hate wasting it. It's going to take at least another 2 years after this year to have a team good enough to compete for the West again

BB30
10-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Agree on most points. I do think he is still very very raw. Pro teams can and will obviously work with that and draft off of ability. I don't think NFL teams draft as much off projectability and upside as the MLB does. That being said how many WR are ahead of him at this point.

Coach34
10-06-2015, 09:18 AM
Ross will be drafted higher than Bear.

Based on what?

Wilson is going to get drafted to play on the inside in Pro Football. He will get matched vs Safeties and LB's and catch the ball over the middle while bulking to about 235.

Ross is also going to be a slot-type WR but he isn't a top speed guy. So that will drop his status in the eyes of scouts. He is a really good college WR and will get his shot in pro ball- no doubt. But I can't see him drafted higher than Wilson

LanceHarbor
10-06-2015, 09:40 AM
We should be 4-1 or even 5-0 right now and we are just pissing it away. Sick of this shit. We don't get many chances like this and I hate wasting it. It's going to take at least another 2 years after this year to have a team good enough to compete for the West again

This... Watching the Staff's offensive strategy is like watching a monkey **** a football.

dparker
10-06-2015, 10:25 AM

+1000

smootness
10-06-2015, 10:36 AM
And the **** You wasn't so much directed at said poster- but with poster after poster Ive encountered over the years that always tries to downplay our talented players.

I tell people 4 years ago Prescott is going to be the best QB to ever play at State- the response I get is "that's crazy. We won't ever have anybody better than Russell."
Or I tell people JRob is gone after the season- "no way that happens. He's not even preseason All-SEC"
And on and ****ing on

Bear is a mismatch in college football. He is a physical beast. As a coach you find a way for him to get the ball 10 times every Saturday. He's not coming back. He is going to train for the Combine after the season and go get drafted in the 3rd round to begin making money playing ball. That's his plan. So let's use him to the fullest while he is here

I don't care what you've seen poster after poster say. You said '**** you' to ME for simply stating the opinion that De'Runnya is not Amari Cooper...and that the greatest season by a WR in SEC history shouldn't be used as any kind of comparison for what De'Runnya should do. And for that, I get a '**** you'. Ridiculous.

I did not disagree with anyone who thought Dak would be great, and I said Josh Robinson would go pro before last year and continued to say it all year. I don't downplay our players, so don't throw me in with anyone else. Take what I say and respond to it. Getting a '**** you' from someone who apparently helps run this site for stating a pretty obvious fact, then getting some ridiculous justification instead of an apology is a total joke. And people wonder why this site is starting to go down the drain.

thunderclap
10-06-2015, 12:26 PM

The A&M game was apparently winnable without some dumb shit, but the LSU game should be a W. Already a very frustrating year. And in both L's, Mullen had his typical moment of being brain dead.

bulldawg28
10-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Bear can only run 3 routes: slant, stop, and the goaline fade.He'll probably run a sub 4.7 he'd be crazy to leave early.

Barking 13
10-06-2015, 02:10 PM
The A&M game was apparently winnable without some dumb shit, but the LSU game should be a W. Already a very frustrating year. And in both L's, Mullen had his typical moment of being brain dead.
I wonder if that is Hev's "half" of co-coordinator shining thru...

Coach34
10-06-2015, 02:19 PM
Bear can only run 3 routes: slant, stop, and the goaline fade.He'll probably run a sub 4.7 he'd be crazy to leave early.

if he can only run 3 routes then we certainly have a coaching problem

bulldawg28
10-06-2015, 03:15 PM
if he can only run 3 routes then we certainly have a coaching problem

He's not a fluid WR. He needs specific training on route running and body control. He still also catches too many passes with his body and not his hands. He's a possession WR at best right now in the NFL . Heck, if he left early I doubt he'd get drafted.

tcdog70
10-06-2015, 07:52 PM
He's not a fluid WR. He needs specific training on route running and body control. He still also catches too many passes with his body and not his hands. He's a possession WR at best right now in the NFL . Heck, if he left early I doubt he'd get drafted.

Holy ****, He is a beast who can jump over people. Throw Him the damn ball and let Him catch it. He needs the ball ten times a game.i don't know about the NFL but He is a pass catching M'fer in the SEC. Let's see run Shump or Holloway or throw it to Bear-- a no brainier