PDA

View Full Version : Somebody help me out...

thunderclap
10-05-2015, 01:34 PM
I didn't get to see the game and refuse to watch the replay of a loss. So let me see if I read the stats correctly: Malik Dear had one carry. For 52 yards. And didn't touch it again?

And the last two minutes of the first half we get the ball with a chance to tie. Instead punt and give up a TD. That's where she was lost?

bgover4
10-05-2015, 01:38 PM
That pretty much sums up the game and the frustration we all feel. But the stats don't show how the defense rushed 3 and gave A&M all day to get a reciever open most of the first half. So figure that in too.

thunderclap
10-05-2015, 01:42 PM
That pretty much sums up the game and the frustration we all feel. But the stats don't show how the defense rushed 3 and gave A&M all day to get a reciever open most of the first half. So figure that in too.

17. Not this shit again.

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 01:53 PM
I believe even the telecast mentioned Dear having cramps after that run.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 01:57 PM
The blond on the sidelines did say Dear was cramping up.

MSUDawg99
10-05-2015, 01:59 PM
I believe even the telecast mentioned Dear having cramps after that run.

Yes. Dan said that he wanted Dear to get back out there but was showing signs of "too much strain****" & he couldn't put him out there as he had hoped. Was possibly banged up or hurt a little but nothing serious.

Mjoelner34
10-05-2015, 02:19 PM
Malik Dear had one carry. For 52 yards. And didn't touch it again?

He was probably winded. None of our backs have had to run that far in a game this year.**

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2015, 03:29 PM
I didn't get to see the game and refuse to watch the replay of a loss. So let me see if I read the stats correctly: Malik Dear had one carry. For 52 yards. And didn't touch it again?

And the last two minutes of the first half we get the ball with a chance to tie. Instead punt and give up a TD. That's where she was lost?

Basically. Dear did have two catches for 23 yards, but those didn't come until the 4th quarter. So he essentially only had one touch when it mattered. The report of "cramps" didn't happen until the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. Don't remember which and I'm not going back to look. But I'm calling bullshit on that considering he had only had one damn play up until that point and all of halftime. Not to mention the way we test player hydration levels, assuming we're still doing the same things we did last year.

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Basically. Dear did have two catches for 23 yards, but those didn't come until the 4th quarter. So he essentially only had one touch when it mattered. The report of "cramps" didn't happen until the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. Don't remember which and I'm not going back to look. But I'm calling bullshit on that considering he had only had one damn play up until that point and all of halftime. Not to mention the way we test player hydration levels, assuming we're still doing the same things we did last year.

So the sideline reporter lied? I don't remember when they said it either but I don't think they would make that up.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 03:47 PM
Why would the blond lie about that? She said she saw him on the bike and it looked like he was cramping.

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2015, 03:49 PM
So the sideline reporter lied? I don't remember when they said it either but I don't think they would make that up.

I'm sure that's what she was told. But I think she was fed bad info. Whether it was purposely or not, I don't know and don't really care. But it doesn't make sense that a guy is cramping an hour after one play. Especially with how meticulous our S&C staff is with player hydration.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 03:59 PM
It happens to me.................but then I'm an out of shape old man, LOL.

FISHDAWG
10-05-2015, 04:01 PM
Dear also had at least two carries ... 1 for about 55 yds and the other was much later (I remember asking myself why he hadn't run the ball since his TD) and almost immediately they handed off to him for no gain - his rushing stats went from 55yd average down to 25yds in one play ... think about that - we have a WR that averages 25yds per rush .... I didn't realize he was built the way he was - never had a close look at him but there's a little mass to him

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm sure that's what she was told. But I think she was fed bad info. Whether it was purposely or not, I don't know and don't really care. But it doesn't make sense that a guy is cramping an hour after one play. Especially with how meticulous our S&C staff is with player hydration.

She said she saw him on the bike aand it looked he was cramping. I think you are looking too hard for something. Our conditioning staff does a good job but doesn't mean a guy didn't have an extended issue.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-05-2015, 04:12 PM
The blond on the sidelines did say Dear was cramping up.

I thought Maria Taylor was the sideline babe. Pretty sure she isn't blonde.

SheltonChoked
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
We tried to pass him the ball on the next possession. The 3 and out right before they drove down and scored, but they made a nice defensive play.

SheltonChoked
10-05-2015, 05:08 PM
We tried to get him the ball on the next posssesion.
http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/stats/fb/2015/ms1003.htm
Ms 1-10 at Ms20 MISSISSIPPI STATE drive start at 05:49.
Ms 1-10 at Ms20 Dak Prescott sacked for loss of 5 yards to the MS15 (Daeshon Hall).
Ms 2-15 at Ms15 Dak Prescott pass incomplete to Malik Dear (Justin Evans).
Ms 3-15 at Ms15 Dak Prescott rush for 6 yards to the MS21 (A.J. Hilliard).
Ms 4-9 at Ms21 Logan Cooke punt 39 yards to the TAMU40, Christian Kirk return 13 yards to the MS47 (Torrey Dale;Gerri Green).
Drive: 3 plays, 1 yards, TOP 01:33