PDA

View Full Version : Safety

msstate7
10-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Who replaces market?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Probably a walk-on, 6th year senior on the scout team********************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

thf24
10-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Hopefully Bryant and not Evans.

I'm also hoping Dan/Manny sees the hole in the depth chart along with coming stretch of relatively easier games as an opportunity to give Peters and McLaurin a ton of reps.

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 11:26 AM
Peters has already been getting more and more reps. This will add to it. He has to keep getting better. Still having several issues but that is to be expected.

msstate7
10-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Peters has already been getting more and more reps. This will add to it. He has to keep getting better. Still having several issues but that is to be expected.

He's the guy I want to see the next 2 weeks. I think he could make us a better team by bama if given enough reps

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 11:35 AM
He's the guy I want to see the next 2 weeks. I think he could make us a better team by bama if given enough reps

And this is the perfect time to do so. Didn't say anything contrary to that. It has been my contention he wasn't ready when several wanted him out there too soon. I thought end of the season was best case for him to be ready enough to help in significant minutes. Hopefully things really click for him to finish the year.

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Probably start Bryant and Coman. But this moves Peters up to 3rd in the rotation. I would love to see McLaurin move up to 4th.

msstate7
10-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Probably start Bryant and Coman. But this moves Peters up to 3rd in the rotation. I would love to see McLaurin move up to 4th.
What's your thoughts on Coman? He got hyped a lot in the offseason, but not sure it was warranted. I really can't say I've seen (or paid attention) him this year. I did see him with a nice play to break up a td Saturday, but he also dropped an easy int on a deflection

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 11:44 AM

Agree with that. Like it or not, Evans will be in there some but unless we get in a big bind against one of these two teams they have get pushed up and get some coverage and game call experience now.

GreenheadDawg
10-05-2015, 12:07 PM
What's your thoughts on Coman? He got hyped a lot in the offseason, but not sure it was warranted. I really can't say I've seen (or paid attention) him this year. I did see him with a nice play to break up a td Saturday, but he also dropped an easy int on a deflection

He looks lost 98% of the time. He is usually out of position and doesn't have the athleticism to make up for it

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 02:24 PM

I really don't know. He's one of the best athletes on the team and he has an understanding of the defense. He also is a pretty big hitter. He's just not making many plays right now. But at the same time, it appears we are asking our safeties to not give up the big play. We really didn't give up any big plays to A&M over the top.

CrookedLetta
10-05-2015, 02:33 PM
One guy says Coman lacks athleticism. The next guy says Coman is one of the best athletes on the team.

Prime example of why i always take message board expert talk with a grain of salt.

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 02:52 PM
One guy says Coman lacks athleticism. The next guy says Coman is one of the best athletes on the team.

Prime example of why i always take message board expert talk with a grain of salt.

And you should. But you also have to figure out, over time, who knows what they are talking about and who doesn't.

I'm probably the only poster here who attends practices. I was wrong about Rankin. I just couldn't fathom Warren being our starting LT. But I was correct on many other things.

And I will add that our defense has been pretty good this year. I thought we were going to be explosive on offense. If you told me before the season that we hold LSU, AU, and A&M to 21, 9, and 30 respectively, I would tell you we would be 5-0 at this point. So Coman's not making many plays, but the big disappointment this year has been our offensive production.

MSUDawg4Life
10-05-2015, 03:06 PM

It's all opinion.

There are probably two people on this board who have a clue about anything: IfYouOnlyKnew and Coach57. The rest are pulling shit out of their ass.

With that said, let me give my opinion about the safeties. :D

I think Bryant and Coman start with Peters and Evans backing them up. McLaurin is the fifth guy in the rotation. I think we will suffer a little at first due to missing Kendrick's knack for being in the right place at the right time. The extra playing time should help Peters and McLaurin tremendously and possibly put them in position to compete for starting roles next year.

basedog
10-05-2015, 03:26 PM
"It's all opinion.

There are probably two people on this board who have a clue about anything: IfYouOnlyKnew and Coach57. The rest are pulling shit out of their ass".

You just butt hurt so many with that comment, but I will agree!

msstate7
10-05-2015, 03:29 PM
It's all opinion.

There are probably two people on this board who have a clue about anything: IfYouOnlyKnew and Coach57. The rest are pulling shit out of their ass.

With that said, let me give my opinion about the safeties. :D

I think Bryant and Coman start with Peters and Evans backing them up. McLaurin is the fifth guy in the rotation. I think we will suffer a little at first due to missing Kendrick's knack for being in the right place at the right time. The extra playing time should help Peters and McLaurin tremendously and possibly put them in position to compete for starting roles next year.

Id say it's more than that. Hoops is generally pretty knowledgable and he isn't the only one. Now I'm not plugged in at all... Never claimed to be

LC Dawg
10-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Since we are on the subject of safety I think we need to think about Kendrick Market. I hate to see his career end like this. The dude wasn't the biggest but he was a baller. We are going to miss him on the field because of his leadership, his football instincts, and his heart. I wish him luck in whatever life brings him.

bulldawg28
10-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Coman has no instincts for the free safety position. He would be a better player if he were used in the box.

SheltonChoked
10-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Based on who played Saturday, I'd say Bryant, with Peters Running second Team. I hope that VS Troy, and LA Tech. We play Peters and Coman as 2nd Team. with McLaurin and Bryant as 1st Team. The true freshmen need someone with experience to help them with calls and what to do. Otherwise, I'd be all for playing Peters and McLaurin all game.

bulldawg28
10-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Since we are on the subject of safety I think we need to think about Kendrick Market. I hate to see his career end like this. The dude wasn't the biggest but he was a baller. We are going to miss him on the field because of his leadership and his football knowledge. I wish him luck in whatever life brings him.

If Coman had Market's football IQ he'd be an SEC safety.

justwin
10-05-2015, 05:26 PM
If Coman had Market's football IQ he'd be an SEC safety.

Coman is not an SEC player. He's awful. So many chances to make plays this year and last and he just can't do it. He should be relegated to Special Teams. I'd rather live with mistakes from Peters, Bryant, and McLaurin knowing that any of those three would've picked 6 that ball instead of Coman. Coman has cost us games this year. At least Shump and Z. Jackson have made some positive plays. It's lclear that Manny has no confidence in him playing so deep all freaking game.

justwin
10-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Based on who played Saturday, I'd say Bryant, with Peters Running second Team. I hope that VS Troy, and LA Tech. We play Peters and Coman as 2nd Team. with McLaurin and Bryant as 1st Team. The true freshmen need someone with experience to help them with calls and what to do. Otherwise, I'd be all for playing Peters and McLaurin all game.

Agree on 1st team, but would play Evans over Coman on 2nd team.

Todd4State
10-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Coman is not an SEC player. He's awful. So many chances to make plays this year and last and he just can't do it. He should be relegated to Special Teams. I'd rather live with mistakes from Peters, Bryant, and McLaurin knowing that any of those three would've picked 6 that ball instead of Coman. Coman has cost us games this year. At least Shump and Z. Jackson have made some positive plays. It's lclear that Manny has no confidence in him playing so deep all freaking game.

As much as I have bashed Coman, I actually think Zach Jackson is worse as an overall player. JT Gray and Gerri Green are both better right now.

But you are correct about Coman.

Todd4State
10-05-2015, 05:50 PM
It's pretty clear it's going to be Coman and Bryant for the time being- but I am hopeful they will let Peters take Coman's spot eventually.