PDA

View Full Version : How much of a favorite will we be vs. Kentucky?

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Everybody seems to have that game as a sure win. Is it? I haven't followed them that closely, but it seems like I got the impressing they are better this season. Didn't they beat Arkansas or almost beat them?

msstate7
10-05-2015, 11:06 AM

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 11:12 AM
They don't play Arkansas. They beat Missouri 21-13, So Car 26-22, lost to Florida 14-9, beat ULL by 7 and went to OT to beat Eastern Kentucky.

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2015, 11:14 AM
They don't play Arkansas. They beat Missouri 21-13, So Car 26-22, lost to Florida 14-9, beat ULL by 7 and went to OT to beat Eastern Kentucky.

Impressed by the lack of points given up.

SignalToNoise
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
After what I saw this weekend I think it will be close with us giving up tons yards on big plays through the air.

Op4isabitch
10-05-2015, 11:23 AM
I think they beat us! Damn I hate saying that.

Really Clark?
10-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Impressed by the lack of points given up.

They gave up 33 to ULL. That's their worse but you could say giving up 27 to E Ky was as bad. So Car and MO are 2 of the 3 worse scoring offenses in the league. So numbers are skewed I think as well.

confucius say
10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
If game were this week, I'd guess 6.5 or 7.5

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2015, 12:49 PM
How do you guys get from losing AT Texas A&M by 10, where we blew tons of opportunities, to losing to Kentucky at home? I don't see the logical connection here

This is why coaches don't listen to fans. Because fans are stupid & irrational. I haven't posted much in the last day or so but have read many of the posts. Everyone has the right to gripe (Although, I wonder how some of you guys would like it if millions of people sat at your desk & critiqued how you did your job everyday), &, while many here have had wonderful takes on our situation, just as many have become completely illogical & "fanatical" about the situation.

The truth is that this team has flaws, but it also has talent on the roster to correct those flaws if the talent plays to it's ability level or gains the needed experience. Regardless of losing at A&M by 10 points, I maintain that this team has chance to be really really good late in the season. I also suspect that this team will be much improved by the time we play Kentucky & Missouri due to the young guys getting needed reps in the next few weeks.

This is a message board & it's here for people to vent & express their views. It simply makes us feel better to do so & is far more productive than venting to my wife. However, at some point, everyone needs to be level headed, look at the facts, & be able to make an honest assessment about our football team.

We are pretty good, but not good enough to play bad on the road against good teams. We can beat anyone, but must play well to beat good teams. I would say A&M is in the same boat. As poorly as we played this weekend, they played great.

Beaver
10-05-2015, 12:54 PM
How do you guys get from losing AT Texas A&M by 10, where we blew tons of opportunities, to losing to Kentucky at home? I don't see the logical connection here

This is why coaches don't listen to fans. Because fans are stupid & irrational. I haven't posted much in the last day or so but have read many of the posts. Everyone has the right to gripe (Although, I wonder how some of you guys would like it if millions of people sat at your desk & critiqued how you did your job everyday), &, while many here have had wonderful takes on our situation, just as many have become completely illogical & "fanatical" about the situation.

The truth is that this team has flaws, but it also has talent on the roster to correct those flaws if the talent plays to it's ability level or gains the needed experience. Regardless of losing at A&M by 10 points, I maintain that this team has chance to be really really good late in the season. I also suspect that this team will much improved by the time we play Kentucky & Missouri due to the young guys getting needed reps in the next few weeks.

This is a message board & it's here for people to vent & express their views. It simply makes us feel better to do so & is far more productive than venting to my wife. However, at some point, everyone needs to be level headed, look at the fact, & be able to make an honest assessment about our football team.

We are pretty good, but not good enough to play bad on the road against good teams. We can beat anyone, but must play well to beat good teams. I would say A&M is in the same boat. As poorly as we played this weekend, they played great.

Excellent post. Kentucky is pretty much the same Kentucky.. Decent on defense, not great on offense but can play well if they have confidence. We're playing them at home. It's up to the coaching staff and the players whether they want to let KY hang around for 4 quarters or put them away by halftime.

Saltydog
10-05-2015, 01:00 PM
We may beat them but it won't be easy, especially given our inconsistencies on both sides of the ball. UK will give us all we want an then some. LaTech is not a given "W" either, nor is any game left on the schedule, sans Troy.

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2015, 01:00 PM

The truth is that this team has flaws, but it also has talent on the roster to correct those flaws if the talent plays to it's ability level or gains the needed experience. Regardless of losing at A&M by 10 points, I maintain that this team has chance to be really really good late in the season. I also suspect that this team will be much improved by the time we play Kentucky & Missouri due to the young guys getting needed reps in the next few weeks.

This is a message board & it's here for people to vent & express their views. It simply makes us feel better to do so & is far more productive than venting to my wife. However, at some point, everyone needs to be level headed, look at the facts, & be able to make an honest assessment about our football team.

Coaches would be idiots to listen to fans, of course. However, I see the Kentucky game as a huge challenge for our team. We played sloppily at several positions vs. AM. We are definitely capable of beating anybody. Kentucky seems to be much improved, which we do not seem to be. They have held three SEC teams to under 45 total points. We need to have a dynamite game at Scott Field vs. Kentucky to point the season toward success.

I'm not picking us to lose. I'm just saying it's a big game.