PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on how we finish the year?

Statefan
10-05-2015, 10:48 AM
So, we are 3-2 with two losses to top 10 teams. We have yet to really click on offense, and our defense continues to be mediocre in the first half and much better as the game goes on. I figured this would be a good poll to sense the optimism or pessimism of everyone on this board.

Oct. 10, TROY, STARKVILLE
Oct. 17, LOUISIANA TECH, STARKVILLE
Oct. 24, KENTUCKY *, STARKVILLE
Nov. 5 (Thurs.), at Missouri *, Columbia, Mo.
Nov. 14, ALABAMA*, STARKVILLE
Nov. 21, at Arkansas *, Fayetteville, Ark.
Nov. 28, OLE MISS *, STARKVILLE

Preseason I thought 8-4, and I see no real reason to change my prediction from what I have seen thus far

Taog Redloh
10-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I expect to win every game except Alabama and Arkansas. Those two determine 8-4 or 9-3. Winning both to get to 10-2 is just unrealistic and isn't happening.

Going 9-3 with a bowl game win to get to 10-3 would be simply outstanding.

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Shaping up for that Kentucky game to be huge. We're capable of winning every game, but it's hard to be optimistic at this point. We've got to achieve a north south running game. The football gods don't like for the quarterback to have to do everything.

Go O line! You the men.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2015, 11:00 AM
7-5 worst case. 9-3 best case.

msstate7
10-05-2015, 11:03 AM
I expect to win every game except Alabama and Arkansas. Those two determine 8-4 or 9-3. Winning both to get to 10-2 is just unrealistic and isn't happening.

Going 9-3 with a bowl game win to get to 10-3 would be simply outstanding.

I agree.

I think we match up a lot better with the remaining teams on our schedule. Lsu had Beckwith (if not best, one of best lb in sec) to take away Dak running. aTm had the best de in the country to expose our weakest offensive position. I don't think we beat bama, but we can challenge their secondary and our defense matches up better with them.

RBritt
10-05-2015, 11:04 AM
3-9. We have mailed it in, just shitting around. I'm hoping we can beat bama and go 10-2. Sure hope Fournette pounds them to death for us.

BrunswickDawg
10-05-2015, 11:10 AM
I agree.

I think we match up a lot better with the remaining teams on our schedule. Lsu had Beckwith (if not best, one of best lb in sec) to take away Dak running. aTm had the best de in the country to expose our weakest offensive position. I don't think we beat bama, but we can challenge their secondary and our defense matches up better with them.

Spot on. Which is why we should not be in panic mode right now.

drunkernhelldawg
10-05-2015, 11:12 AM
This is a big week for our coaches. We obviously need to play with more intensity and focus. Look at how Cooke backslid! Hated hated hated to see that. Our game needs upping. Our coaches better be on the ball.

Dawgtini
10-05-2015, 11:14 AM
10-2 or 9-3. Bama/Arkansas are the swing games.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 11:21 AM
So, we are 3-2 with two losses to top 10 teams. We have yet to really click on offense, and our defense continues to be mediocre in the first half and much better as the game goes on. I figured this would be a good poll to sense the optimism or pessimism of everyone on this board.

Oct. 10, TROY, STARKVILLE
Oct. 17, LOUISIANA TECH, STARKVILLE
Oct. 24, KENTUCKY *, STARKVILLE
Nov. 5 (Thurs.), at Missouri *, Columbia, Mo.
Nov. 14, ALABAMA*, STARKVILLE
Nov. 21, at Arkansas *, Fayetteville, Ark.
Nov. 28, OLE MISS *, STARKVILLE

Preseason I thought 8-4, and I see no real reason to change my prediction from what I have seen thus far
6-6 at worst, 9-3 at best. I really think 7-5.

Troy, La Tech, and UK will be wins, but probably closer games than most think. Missouri will be close but I don't think we win it on the road. We don't have the horses up front on offense to beat Bama. The last two are the swing games. On the road at Arkansas will be tough. I really don't have a good read on them yet as I haven't watched them at all but the results say they are beatable. UM will also be tough but it's at home. I say we win one of those last two, but not both. Preseason I said anywhere from 5-7 to 10-2 depending on the offensive line. The offensive line hasn't been totally horrible, but it hasn't been good either.

Maroonthirteen
10-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Troy, LaTech and UK wins. UK will be a close game.

Missouri is a toss up. If we can limit the turnovers and get some pressure on their QB, we win.

Bama...they are to strong along both lines. We will play well. But their size will wear us down in the end.

Arkansas... Our annual let down game played on their senior day. Bad loss.

OM...toss up. Again, whoever wins the turnover battle and makes plays.

As I see it today. Our offense could find a rhythm in these next two games and make us all much more confident for the MU, Ark and OM games.

ScottH
10-05-2015, 11:31 AM
6-6

Mjoelner34
10-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I agree.

I think we match up a lot better with the remaining teams on our schedule.

I agree unless we use the 'bend but don't break' against Ole Miss. If we sit back and let them complete passes against air then hope we don't miss a tackle, its going to be a long game.

Sacrifice
10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
If we don't find a consistent running game, I could see us loosing to all the remaining SEC teams. If we do find one, I can see us winning all of them.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Spot on. Which is why we should not be in panic mode right now.

A&M will be the best offense our defense will face all year and I think this was the toughest game we will have his season.

Bama_Dawg
10-05-2015, 12:03 PM
6-6

Wow and your 666th post.

Are you the debil?