PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should win at least one NC before we start throwing

MadDawg
10-05-2015, 10:24 AM
in the towel once it's apparent we won't win one this year. But hey, that's just me.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2015, 10:27 AM
No doubt we've become spoiled. I just really hoped that Dak was going to go out with a special season after all he has done for us.

Taog Redloh
10-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Don't know about the rest, but I expected to be 3-2 thus far this season.

I am not going to lie and say that I like where we are as a team and don't have concerns. But the positive is that we could also be undefeated with a few more bounces. But we have the rest of the year to improve, starting with 3 straight games at home against beatable opponents.

Taog Redloh
10-05-2015, 10:30 AM
No doubt we've become spoiled. I just really hoped that Dak was going to go out with a special season after all he has done for us.
Expectations were never fair for him. He's a good QB made better by the system that is perfect for him. But, I still think he can go out with a special season, has plenty of games left. I mean 8-4 is a damn good season in the SEC.

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 10:37 AM
in the towel once it's apparent we won't win one this year. But hey, that's just me.

We weren't going to win the West this year. And I've got bad news, we aren't going to win the West next year either. Bama, LSU, A&M, AU, and even OM are recruiting at another level.

But what we can do is have a very good 8-4 season and a nice bowl game. And what we need to do is continue to give the younger players a bunch of reps to set up another West run in 2017. Reps given to talented guys like Jenkins, Calhoun, Peters, McLaurin, Dear, Green and Justin Johnson will really pay off down the road and it won't cost us wins this year.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I think everything else lines up good for us. Five very winable home games and two road games that are very winable. I don't think 9-3 or 10-2 is unreachable and we can still get to one of the big bowl games.

confucius say
10-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Our next 4 are very winnable. Ky or at mizzou are not slam dunks but are games we should win if they were played today. Let's get to 7-2 and you will see attitudes change drastically heading into bama.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Our next 4 are very winnable. Ky or at mizzou are not slam dunks but are games we should win if they were played today. Let's get to 7-2 and you will see attitudes change drastically heading into bama.

I really, really hope you're right, but this feels a lot like 2011 to me...we keep waiting for the team to gel and improve, but it never really happened.

Taog Redloh
10-05-2015, 11:09 AM
I really, really hope you're right, but this feels a lot like 2011 to me...we keep waiting for the team to gel and improve, but it never really happened.
Some of you need to pay attention to history.

We built up to a peak in 2010 vs. a manageable schedule. Dropped back in 2011 against a harder one. Then went back up again in 2012, followed by another drop in 2013. Keep in mind, we started adding better talent in 2012/2013 signing classes. We then built up to the peak in 2014, so it stands to reason we will drop back again. Except this time, it's likely an 8-4 drop rather than 6-6. Then, we'll probably build up to another bigger peak in 2017 or 2018. We may be OK in 2016 however.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Some of you need to pay attention to history.

We built up to a peak in 2010 vs. a manageable schedule. Dropped back in 2011 against a harder one. Then went back up again in 2012, followed by another drop in 2013. Keep in mind, we started adding better talent in 2012/2013 signing classes. We then built up to the peak in 2014, so it stands to reason we will drop back again. Except this time, it's likely an 8-4 drop rather than 6-6. Then, we'll probably build up to another bigger peak in 2017 or 2018. We may be OK in 2016 however.

We can argue about odd year schedules all you want, but I'm disappointed in the lack of improvement of individual players and position groups not necessarily wins and losses. I can't think of a single player, other than Dak's throwing, in a key position that has made noticeable improvements from last year.

Liverpooldawg
10-05-2015, 11:22 AM

yep

Taog Redloh
10-05-2015, 11:57 AM
I can't think of a single player, other than Dak's throwing, in a key position that has made noticeable improvements from last year.
Damn dude, nearly the whole team has improved. We just lost some good players, especially on the OL.

confucius say
10-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Feels more like 2010 to me. Lose at home to auburn (natty champ) early and on road at Lsu then got hot and went to 7-2 before finishing 8-4.

msstate7
10-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Feels more like 2010 to me. Lose at home to auburn (natty champ) early and on road at Lsu then got hot and went to 7-2 before finishing 8-4.

8-4 with an om win and a bowl to get 9-4 would be a nice season to me

Beaver
10-05-2015, 12:43 PM
I can't think of a single player, other than Dak's throwing, in a key position that has made noticeable improvements from last year.

Fred Ross