PDA

View Full Version : If Warren's injury is significant, does that mean we pull the redshirt off Rankin?

HSVDawg
10-04-2015, 10:24 PM
I haven't seen any reports to know how bad the injury is, but we will need another tackle if its severe. Thoughts?

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 10:31 PM
Jenkins would start of Warren is still injured next week. No shot at pulling Rankin's redshirt.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-04-2015, 10:44 PM
It's possible the redshirt comes off if the injury is significant. Jenkins is the backup at both tackle spots. If he moves into the starting lineup at left tackle, then we become thin behind him. Depends on how long Warren is out. Good chance that Warren comes back as a backup.

War Machine Dawg
10-05-2015, 12:11 AM
My guess is Jenkins will start and Robinson will be the #2. No reason to pull Rankin's redshirt with 2 SEC losses and the SEC West race out of play.

TUSK
10-05-2015, 02:19 AM
a few things that I do not understand...

Why hasn't Rankin been starting all along... He's a JUCO that's been on campus a good while, no?

I don't understand why you'd tie up a skolly on a JUCO kid unless you knew he'd start from day one, especially when he only has 2 to give and the OL is a weakness....

or, I could just be missing something...

somebodyshotmypaw
10-05-2015, 06:25 AM
My guess is Jenkins will start and Robinson will be the #2. No reason to pull Rankin's redshirt with 2 SEC losses and the SEC West race out of play.

I agree with you and think Rankin keeps the redshirt. I just think it is premature to say that there is "no shot" that Rankin plays as mentioned by defiantdog. If Warren is out for the year, it will be discussed by the staff.

Coach34
10-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Warren's injury is not significant. He probably plays Saturday

EngineerDawg
10-05-2015, 07:11 AM
a few things that I do not understand...

Why hasn't Rankin been starting all along... He's a JUCO that's been on campus a good while, no?

I don't understand why you'd tie up a skolly on a JUCO kid unless you knew he'd start from day one, especially when he only has 2 to give and the OL is a weakness....

or, I could just be missing something...

I find myself wondering when all this redshirting and starting upper class men might begin to hinder our recruiting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chris jones didn't play a ton as a FR either?

thf24
10-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Wasn't the last word on the redshirt that Rankin isn't ready physically?

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 09:11 AM
I find myself wondering when all this redshirting and starting upper class men might begin to hinder our recruiting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chris jones didn't play a ton as a FR either?

Chris Jones played as much as the starters his first 2 years. This is his first year to be a starter though.

Duckdog
10-05-2015, 09:13 AM
Chris Jones played as much as the starters his first 2 years. This is his first year to be a starter though.

and he still isn't doing much. Im very disappointed in his play

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 09:17 AM
and he still isn't doing much. Im very disappointed in his play

He has played like a very solid SEC d-linemen. I agree that he hasn't played like a first rounder.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2015, 09:21 AM
I don't think the next two weeks will be a physical as Sauturday so maybe we can get heald up.