PDA

View Full Version : Bats, bats, bats

godlluB
10-04-2015, 05:53 PM
I went to the scrimmage this afternoon, and in an attempt to keep myself entertained, I decided to document what brand bats each player batted with. Here's the list:

There did seem to be a pool of Louisville Sluggers that some players just went a grabbed from and shared.

Louisville Slugger
Cody Brown
Reid Humphries
Nathaniel Lower
Jack Kruger
Jacob Barfield
Luke Alexander
Elih Marrero
Hunter Stovall
Luke Reynolds
Brent Rooker

Easton
Cole Gordon

Rawlings
Michael Smith
Tanner Poole
Jacob Robson
Jake Mangum

DeMarini
Josh Lovelady
Ryan Gridley

AXE
Brant Blalock

HoopsDawg
10-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Who used the Adidas?

messageboardsuperhero
10-04-2015, 06:14 PM
I had heard a lot of the players were using Rawlings bats. Either way, it will be nice for us to finally have our pick and put an end to the Adidas debate.

Bully13
10-04-2015, 06:47 PM
players at this level not being able to choose what bat they feel comfortable with is bat shit crazy.

smootness
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM
I'll be honest, I could not care less what bats our players are using. That's not a shot at you, godlluB, I appreciate any info. Any thoughts on what you saw from specific players in the scrimmage?

godlluB
10-04-2015, 07:47 PM
No offense taken, Smootness. I'm not trying to make any sort of point, it was just something to entertain myself and satisfy my own curiosity. Since I'd done it, I thought I'd share.

Dakota Hudson was throwing serious heat, The Swan posted that he was in the 95-97 range in the second inning. There were around
a dozen scouts at the game, including one from the Yankees and one from the White Sox. I counted 9 radar guns at one point.

During pre-game drills, Elih Marrero looked good, better than Gavin Collins, in my opinion.

When the took Hudson out, the replaced him with Blake Smith. I didn't stay long after he started pitching, but he looked pretty shaky. One of his first pitches sailed WAY over the catcher's head, hitting a support bar on the backstop they set up. I just looked at the box score, and he only pitched 0.2 innings, so I'm guessing he didn't get better after I left.

Both Daniel Brown and Dakota Hudson pitched well. There wasn't much of any offense while ther were on the mound.

smootness
10-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Good stuff, thanks!

I'm pretty pumped for baseball this year.