PDA

View Full Version : Should Mullen allow/ hire a real OC...

Coursesuper
10-04-2015, 05:08 PM
I think so, he needs to worry more about game mgt than calling plays.

mic
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
This won't happen
When we get a new OC we will have a new HC

Drugdog
10-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Yes. End of story.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 05:23 PM
I think so, he needs to worry more about game mgt than calling plays.

Maybe he can find one that won a national championship as an OC.

Drugdog
10-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Maybe he can find one that won a national championship as an OC.

I see what u did. Cleaver but he did not have head coaching responsibility. Ouch.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-04-2015, 05:43 PM
No, but he needs help recruiting.

Statefan
10-04-2015, 05:43 PM
He needs to hire the guy at Mississippi State last year that had the 3rd best offense in the history of the SEC with a bunch of 3*s

(Not to say he is doing an amazing job this year, but people are losing their mind on here trying to shake up the staff and hire Art Briles. We have a mediocre LT, terrible senior RB, a FR RB that fumbled, a NFL WR that fumbled, garbage punting, mediocre safety play, and no pass rush. Mullen called some fantastic games last year and some not so good ones this year, but we are missing a lot of pieces from being a play off team)

Taog Redloh
10-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Yes, this is a no-brainer.

Bucky Dog
10-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Yes, this is a no-brainer.

Welcome back Goat!

Op4isabitch
10-04-2015, 08:52 PM
He needs to hire the guy at Mississippi State last year that had the 3rd best offense in the history of the SEC with a bunch of 3*s

(Not to say he is doing an amazing job this year, but people are losing their mind on here trying to shake up the staff and hire Art Briles. We have a mediocre LT, terrible senior RB, a FR RB that fumbled, a NFL WR that fumbled, garbage punting, mediocre safety play, and no pass rush. Mullen called some fantastic games last year and some not so good ones this year, but we are missing a lot of pieces from being a play off team)

I'm the one who mentioned Art Briles, my point wasn't that we need a news coach, it was that we need our current coach to coach balls out, if you are undermanned then try something different. Holloway between the tackles on 3rd and 6 near our own end zone isn't a brilliant call.
And to your point on less than stellar players at so many positions on the field, who's shoulders does that fall on? I'll give you a hint......he's making $4mil a year and works for MSU.

Statefan
10-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm the one who mentioned Art Briles, my point wasn't that we need a news coach, it was that we need our current coach to coach balls out, if you are undermanned then try something different. Holloway between the tackles on 3rd and 6 near our own end zone isn't a brilliant call.
And to your point on less than stellar players at so many positions on the field, who's shoulders does that fall on? I'll give you a hint......he's making $4mil a year and works for MSU.

No argument with any of that.

$4 million is a ton of money, but what does $4 million buy you in the West these days? Beliema, Freeze, and Malzahn all make more than that and they aren't leaps and bounds better than what we have

Taog Redloh
10-04-2015, 09:00 PM
No argument with any of that.

$4 million is a ton of money, but what does $4 million buy you in the West these days? Beliema, Freeze, and Malzahn all make more than that and they aren't leaps and bounds better than what we have
I understand the point about it being the going rate for SEC coaches, but I think the bigger issue here is that MANY great coaches can be found for less than we are paying Mullen. Just a fact. I am not suggesting or condoning anything anyone said here in this thread, so don't take my words out of context.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-04-2015, 09:47 PM
We have a terrible senior RB,

Who are you talking about? Shumpert and Holloway are juniors. Williams and Lee are freshmen.

Statefan
10-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Who are you talking about?

Shoulda said veteran RB, not senior, I was talking about Shump

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 09:58 PM

Think it's bad now, wait till we lose Dak.