PDA

View Full Version : MLB going forward

msstate7
10-04-2015, 03:42 PM
I know this season is far from over and I'm not ready to throw the towel in, but looking forward to next season...

Unless someone changes positions, we'll have Richie brown, Gerri green, and Leo Lewis all at the same position. Do you think they all stay there? I'd hate to have 2 our best talents backing up Richie as a senior. Do you think Richie could move outside? Maybe green to de?

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 03:53 PM
I know this season is far from over and I'm not ready to throw the towel in, but looking forward to next season...

Unless someone changes positions, we'll have Richie brown, Gerri green, and Leo Lewis all at the same position. Do you think they all stay there? I'd hate to have 2 our best talents backing up Richie as a senior. Do you think Richie could move outside? Maybe green to de?

Green will be used as a hybrid MLB / OLB, Lewis will be used moderately (we know how Mullen likes to slowly transition players into a position). I'm more worried about our DB position. We lose Calhoun and Redmond. The young guys haven't even been on the field to get experience in that position. Rayford, Stamps, and Smitherman need to get it going..... fast.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Green will be used as a hybrid MLB / OLB, Lewis will be used moderately (we know how Mullen likes to slowly transition players into a position). I'm more worried about our DB position. We lose Calhoun and Redmond. The young guys haven't even been on the field to get experience in that position. Rayford, Stamps, and Smitherman need to get it going..... fast.

This is one of the things that will make it tough to get bowl eligible next year. We basically have automatic Losses in LSU, Bama, and UM away games. At UK will be a tough game and at BYU also probably are both toss ups at best. Next year is going to be tough.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 04:06 PM

Cam Myers needs to qualify. I'd love to have him in our secondary next season. What's gonna suck is we'll finally have sec talent at safety next season with suspect CBs

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2015, 04:16 PM
Cam Myers needs to qualify. I'd love to have him in our secondary next season. What's gonna suck is we'll finally have sec talent at safety next season with suspect CBs

Yeah, we will probably have the best safety talent in forever but who knows how the DBs will look. We bring back the LBs except Jackson (no loss). Lose Ryan Brown who isn't playing up to early hype and maybe Chris Jones who also isn't playing up to hype.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2015, 04:20 PM
saw this thread title and the poster, and thought it was a baseball thread

msstate7
10-04-2015, 04:20 PM
Yeah, we will probably have the best safety talent in forever but who knows how the DBs will look. We bring back the LBs except Jackson (no loss). Lose Ryan Brown who isn't playing up to early hype and maybe Chris Jones who also isn't playing up to hype.

AJ Jefferson could be big time next season though.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 04:27 PM
saw this thread title and the poster, and thought it was a baseball thread

Braves closing strong despite terrible year. Happy? Haha

CadaverDawg
10-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Braves closing strong despite terrible year. Happy? Haha

I'm making a push to get "Bobby Cox" added below your username

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 04:38 PM

Lashard Durr will hopefully help.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 04:40 PM

Forgot about him

mic
10-04-2015, 05:07 PM
We don't play another offense like we did last night until I guess UMiss. ( I'm not counting Troy or La Tech)
So you have to think that Green becomes more of a factor and plays more snaps..
And I agree I would love to walk him down at Stand up DE across from AJ of hell even on same side as AJ some... Need him on the field more if possible..
And i would guess we are going to have to move one of the 2 (Leo or Green) to outside behind Bennie sooner than later..

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 09:51 PM
We don't play another offense like we did last night until I guess UMiss. ( I'm not counting Troy or La Tech)
So you have to think that Green becomes more of a factor and plays more snaps..
And I agree I would love to walk him down at Stand up DE across from AJ of hell even on same side as AJ some... Need him on the field more if possible..
And i would guess we are going to have to move one of the 2 (Leo or Green) to outside behind Bennie sooner than later..

Green will be on the field a lot more in the next few games. But we need to get these young guys on the field or else we're going to be extremely raw next year. Don't forget that we're going to have a QB battle next year. And the QB's play different from each other. That means the competition will be based on the situation. All QB battles do is create inconsistency. And we're going to be extremely young for that. I'm afraid without Dak, we don't have a true leader out there. And without a leader, a team is managed by organized chaos. Anyone who has played football before knows what I'm talking about..... you play as an individual and not as a team. We see it this year on defense with the loss of Jay Hughes. He was the vocal leader of the defense. Without his leadership, the defense work more as individuals.

Not next year..... it'll take him some time to get acclimated