PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever ask yourself....

Drugdog
10-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Why do I love MSU so much? It is so dang frustrating sometimes. Drives me crazy the silly things we do. But I will be back next week cheering them on. Why? Guess because there is always hope.

Please beat Bama, and the Bears. Now off to have me a few 🍺🍺.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Well you can do like those other 400k Mississippian ass whipes who pull for LSU or Bama just because it easy to fan of those schools. Being a State or Ole Miss fan isn't for the weak of heart. In fact a lot of Miss State posters here everyonce in a while show they have pussie tendency. Like posting names of guys they like for our new coach to be five games into a season.

Op4isabitch
10-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Well you can do like those other 400k Mississippian ass whipes who pull for LSU or Bama just because it easy to fan of those schools. Being a State or Ole Miss fan isn't for the weak of heart. In fact a lot of Miss State posters here everyonce in a while show they have pussie tendency. Like posting names of guys they like for our new coach to be five games into a season.

Im tired of having a head coach who steps on his own dick all of the time.
I do agree that Mullen is a good CEO, however he has shown repeatedly that his nuts draw up into his abdomen like a pre pubescent little boy when he's on the big stage.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2015, 04:05 PM
I do agree that Mullen is a good CEO, however he has shown repeatedly that his nuts draw up into his abdomen like a pre pubescent little boy when he's on the big stage.

Your posts today are going to look pretty silly at the end of the season and we are sitting at 9-3 or 10-2. The fact of the matter is A&M probably has the best offense in the conference and we were playing on the road. A&M was probably our toughest game left on our schedule. Also many of our Offensive plays were probably called by Dak.

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Why do you think Mullen had good play calls in LSU, A&M, and AU last year but since then is super conservative in the 1st halves?

Op4isabitch
10-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Your posts today are going to look pretty silly at the end of the season and we are sitting at 9-3 or 10-2. The fact of the matter is A&M probably has the best offense in the conference and we were playing on the road. A&M was probably our toughest game left on our schedule. Also many of our Offensive plays were probably called by Dak.

Jack , you know you are probably right about it but right now I'm pissed.
We lost the LSU game due to coaching, last night was a winnable game but for some reason Dan shits his pants sometimes in bigger games. I like Dan and think he's done wonders for the program, I'm just tired of the dumb shit play calling and lack of situational awareness at crucial times in big games.
The reason I said Patterson and Briles is because they are good CEO type coaches who have really raised the stature of their teams. In addition to being good at running their programs both of them are good - great in game coaches.

Ideally what I'd like is for Dan to throw everything we have including the kitchen sink at better opponents. I can handle loosing if you leave it all on the field, I don't get the feeling we've done that since the Bama game last season.

IMissJack
10-04-2015, 05:11 PM
Been an MSU fan all my life (no choice really). My Dad's family is from Oktibbeha county, he went to SHS. His father and uncles all worked at MSU in the physical plant, and farmed on the side. My dad sold cokes in the stands just to get into Scott Field. My mom's dad went to MSU in 1920's, but did not graduate because his dad died and he had to go home to help the family. My brother and I both graduated from MSU, and I will likely have a son there in 2 years. OM was not a consideration. Things at MSU have been a lot worse than they are now...

godlluB
10-04-2015, 05:45 PM
It's probably a mix of the fact that it says "Mississippi State University" on my graduate diploma and the fact that it's said "Mississippi State University" on my paycheck for over 20 years.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Jack , you know you are probably right about it but right now I'm pissed.
We lost the LSU game due to coaching, last night was a winnable game but for some reason Dan shits his pants sometimes in bigger games. I like Dan and think he's done wonders for the program, I'm just tired of the dumb shit play calling and lack of situational awareness at crucial times in big games.
The reason I said Patterson and Briles is because they are good CEO type coaches who have really raised the stature of their teams. In addition to being good at running their programs both of them are good - great in game coaches.

Ideally what I'd like is for Dan to throw everything we have including the kitchen sink at better opponents. I can handle loosing if you leave it all on the field, I don't get the feeling we've done that since the Bama game last season.

I'm with you! Funny my son last night before he went to bed said we suck. He is only 11 and I told him son you havn't seen suck out of Miss State to know what sucks is.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Why do I love MSU so much? It is so dang frustrating sometimes. Drives me crazy the silly things we do. But I will be back next week cheering them on. Why? Guess because there is always hope.

Please beat Bama, and the Bears. Now off to have me a few 🍺🍺.

I was asking myself the same thing last night. A lot of misery, and very little reward that is nearly guaranteed to be followed up by more misery

msstate7
10-04-2015, 07:01 PM

I'm certainly questioning some of our play calling, but going for it on 4th down vs auburn and aTm around the 45 wasn't conservative. If we convert those 2 plays, both games most likely look very different. Dan made a great call on both, but our players didn't come through.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 07:02 PM
It's probably a mix of the fact that it says "Mississippi State University" on my graduate diploma and the fact that it's said "Mississippi State University" on my paycheck for over 20 years.

You get paid to be a fan. Damn, how do I get a check?**

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes, all the time. However, nobody is a State fan for the hell of it. We all have a personal connection somehow. Which makes being a State fan more than wins and losses. A lot of people don't understand that...but they are LSU and Bama fans that have live in MS and never been to either school. So I don't give a damnwhat they think. I don't get how anyone can find any genuine pleasure in arbitrarily being a fan of a college football team.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-04-2015, 09:42 PM
I'm with you! Funny my son last night before he went to bed said we suck. He is only 11 and I told him son you havn't seen suck out of Miss State to know what sucks is.

My son is also clueless. He and I have cheered for the Saints and MSU our whole lives. He has seen the Saints win a Super Bowl, MSU football ranked #1, and MSU play for a national championship (baseball). He's had all the high points I've had minus the final four and the SEC championship game under Jackie. Of course he did experience Croom and Rick Ray.

TheBagman
10-04-2015, 10:12 PM
I think most fans feel this way. I've got friends who are fans of other teams and they all say the same stuff. All we want is for our team to win every game. Is that too much to ask?

Beaver
10-04-2015, 11:25 PM
I think most fans feel this way. I've got friends who are fans of other teams and they all say the same stuff. All we want is for our team to win every game. Is that too much to ask?

Agreed. Think about this.. Since 2009, MSU has been to 5 bowl games. Alabama has won 3 national titles. Yet fans of both teams toy around the idea of getting rid of their coach after a single loss.

Taog Redloh
10-04-2015, 11:31 PM
It's a legitimate question. Of course, I'm surprised you haven't been bombarded with the predictable "GOES CHERRZ FOR A DIFFERNT TEAM THEN YOUNG WHIPPR SNAPRRRR HAR HAR HAR LULZZZ!" bullcrap.

I agree with what another guy said, you have to have a true tie to a team in order to be a real fan. Whether it's a childhood love, they are from your state, you went to school there, etc. Honestly, I've never questioned why I loved MSU. My question has always been, "Why am I/MSU so cursed when it comes to sports?"

My 3 year old son said last night that his team was "Tesas". Obviously meaning A&M. I told him, well, that's probably a good choice going forward because the sky is the limit for them. The state is booming, they have more money than God. Mississippi in general seems very stagnant. I know things can change, but will they? I mean, the state economics DIRECTLY affect the universities in that state, it's foolish to think otherwise.