PDA

View Full Version : Start Dear at RB, start Peters at S, etc etc

cheewgumm
10-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Also get those back QBs some reps. All this should happen in the next 3 games.

We're playing for next year now. No reason to wait until next year to move Dear.

Dawgface
10-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Plus it would help us now! But I'm not holding my breath the changes will be made.

Tripp McNeely
10-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Our hands will likely be forced to play Peters more

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 12:20 PM

We're playing for next year now. No reason to wait until next year to move Dear.
Peters played quite a bit last night. He made a good open field tackle and also over pursued on the play where their receiver was ejected. He's caught up to speed. Expect Peters to play more significant snaps. It's only a matter of time until he becomes a starter. The same is with McLaurin. Those two might be the biggest and tallest safeties in MSU's history.

i'm glad we signed a ton of RB's last year. Williams may have butter fingers, Shump has long legs and runs slow, and Lee hasn't quite figured it out yet. Holloway isn't an SEC running back..... We need a guy that can guarantee 4 ypc. Who would of ever thought we'd be in need of a running back at State?

MSUDawg4Life
10-04-2015, 12:51 PM
So ... y'all have moved on from begging for Aeris Williams and Dontavian Lee that quickly? Aeris fumbles the ball at the goal line and DLee runs two times for zero yards and they can't get no love.

What a shame.

Y'all are some fickle, disloyal whores.

Taog Redloh
10-04-2015, 12:53 PM
No we are not. We are playing for Mizzou/Bama/Arkansas/Ole Miss. We have 3 well scheduled 'less' difficult home games, actually scheduled 123 in order of difficulty, to work up to it. Plus an off-week in there as well. Great timing for us.

Although, talking about next year, I think we may be pretty good, even without Dak.

GTHOM
10-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Nah doing all that would mean mullen would have to admit he needs to change something. It would make too much sense. I would love to see dear at rb but it wont happen. he better damn sure let aeris get some more carries because he let no feet shumpert get some after he fumbled vs usm

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 01:02 PM

No we aren't. We can still have a very good season. There are plenty of things left to accomplish for this year. Man y'all throw in the towel so quickly.

cheewgumm
10-04-2015, 01:24 PM
I don't mean throw in the towel for this year.

But putting Dear at RB when he's doing so well is not throwing in the towel.

I'll amdn to say I'm for getting our most talented players ON THE FIELD!!!

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't mean throw in the towel for this year.

But putting Dear at RB when he's doing so well is not throwing in the towel.

I'll amdn to say I'm for getting our most talented players ON THE FIELD!!!

I agree I'd like to see the young RBs a bit more. One thing I did last night was I got to watching what Shump was doing and what we are doing when he is out there. The guy IS better at blocking and we had to have that last night. We struggled to keep their ends out of the backfield no matter what kind of play we called. The extra blocking was needed. I think you are going to see a few more two back stuff as the season goes on. We did it more last night I think.

Coach007
10-04-2015, 01:41 PM
No. Don't start putting in the subs/back ups. Name me a qb that would come here if we won't even keep Dak in the game?

Sacrifice
10-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Daks stays in unless it's a blow out but all these talented underclassmen we have need to have the holy hell played out of them. We're out of the playoffs, maybe we're not mathmaticly out of west but our hat is definitely being handed to us going out the door. We're basically playing for a decent bowl game at this point.

Boston
10-04-2015, 03:30 PM
No we aren't. We can still have a very good season. There are plenty of things left to accomplish for this year. Man y'all throw in the towel so quickly.

This coming from the guy who completely melted down after the Southern Miss game.

CadaverDawg
10-04-2015, 03:31 PM
This coming from the guy who completely melted down after the Southern Miss game.

+1

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 03:40 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/81303-fangirling-gif-Kxrk.gif

LC Dawg
10-05-2015, 07:55 AM
This is just an observation from the stands but right after Market went out I was watching Peters and he looked really confused. He was asking Redmond a lot of things pre-snap and it looked like he blew a couple of coverages and let his man run free. I thought he was about to give up a big play. I'm no football expert so I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I don't know how much could be seen on tv.
Hopefully these next few games will get some of our young guys some much needed reps.

thf24
10-05-2015, 08:11 AM
So ... y'all have moved on from begging for Aeris Williams and Dontavian Lee that quickly? Aeris fumbles the ball at the goal line and DLee runs two times for zero yards and they can't get no love.

I hope it finally registered on some among us that there might actually be reasons the two of them haven't played much other than Mullen being hard-headed and egotistical.

I seen it dawg
10-05-2015, 08:23 AM
Where in the hell is Gerri green?

BB30
10-05-2015, 08:29 AM
Nah doing all that would mean mullen would have to admit he needs to change something. It would make too much sense. I would love to see dear at rb but it wont happen. he better damn sure let aeris get some more carries because he let no feet shumpert get some after he fumbled vs usm

Seeing That most of those guys played against TAMU and Shumpert was not hurt shows me that he is putting the youngsters out there. Shump has played less and less. Honestly, we have picked on the older guys making costly mistakes but that fumble Aeris had was at a point where we were still very much in the game. I think the young guys are going to get a lot of reps moving forward so yall will have to find something else to complain about.

Also, Gerri got several reps just didn't show up very much.

HoopsDawg
10-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Where in the hell is Gerri green?

Gerri Green is playing out of position in my opinion. Everyone wants him to be B-Mac so badly, but I think his best college position is WDE. He has the size and athletically ability to be a beast rushing the passer. Also, I am hoping Leo Lewis is the future at MLB. I want both of those guys on the field.