PDA

View Full Version : Flounder question for you fishers and cooks

Uncle Ruckus
10-04-2015, 10:51 AM
I found two flounder that I put in the freezer specifically for stuffing. Thing is I've never stuffed flounder. I need a good recipe. I've always filleted them and fried them so this is completely new to me. I have access to all fresh seafood so give me your best

BeastMan
10-04-2015, 01:35 PM
im a food purist so I'd keep it simple. Find a crab meat stuffing on the net that sounds good to you. Baked on 350. I'd salt and pepper the outside of the fish and cook in lemon butter. I haven't cooked stuffed flounder myself (I'm always worried about screwing up the cleaning process) but that's what I'd do. I know this post helps you absolutely zero but that's what I'd do.

BeardoMSU
10-09-2015, 11:32 AM
A good stuffing is easy to make, you just need some good crab meat, which you can usually find in a tub (lump only) at a good market. Bind the crab meat with a little bit of mayo and just enough bread crumbs to bring it all together. You can also put in some finely diced onion, celery, bell pepper, and some fresh parsley. Season with salt/pepper and a little lemon juice. I'd add some heat w/ cayenne pepper or hotsauce, personally.

To stuff the fish. Leave it whole, but cut down the middle of the fish on the top filet, and get under the meat just a little on both sides, to sort of open it up a bit. To make the skin crispy, make sure the its very dry before cooking, and just before you put it in the oven, rub oil and salt all over it.

It should come out something like this. I just googled this pic, btw.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/showboat32304/IMGP2185-1.jpg