PDA

View Full Version : something HAS to change.

Coach007
10-04-2015, 10:31 AM
I watch a lot of football. I know you guys do to. I starting to see more and more cheap shots despite new rules.

1- the shot by the wr on our db... correct call. But for every one of those called, many dont. As I #2.

2- I'm really shocked that Dear was not injured. That was a no call.

3- Cincy qb knocked put and is probably done for the season even though he slid feet first. The defender clearly was targeting his head and neck area. And there was no call.

4- an arkansas player is done for the year at least with a broken leg as a result of a chop block. The guy clearly went for that area. And there was no call.

Johnson last night was called for a low block on the opposite side of the field where the play was. I'm glad he was flagged and my hope was he would be benched... for at least another game.

I love the game. I like to see big hits. But clean big hits. There is no room in this sport for targeting heads..... no room for chop blocks or targeting the knees. As with the case of the arkansas player... I think that should be a mandatory reviewed play and the penalty fit the crime. Johnson should have to site out a game not for getting g a penalty that cost us a first down, but for the block he threw that could have ended a guys career. The UT player that ended the season of an arkansas player should be punished equally.... he. Should have to sit out until the other player is able to return.

AROB44
10-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Can't say that I disagree with you.

mic
10-04-2015, 11:14 AM
In Johnsons defense it looked like we were going to throw a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage to the TB at the time in which the block would have been legal.

The hit by their WR was bad and made it worse that he left his feet.. That was an easy one.

I didn't see the others..

Johnson85
10-04-2015, 11:31 AM
In Johnsons defense it looked like we were going to throw a swing pass behind the line of scrimmage to the TB at the time in which the block would have been legal.

The hit by their WR was bad and made it worse that he left his feet.. That was an easy one.

I didn't see the others..

Yeah pretty sure Johnson didn't know the play was going away from him.

drunkernhelldawg
10-04-2015, 11:44 AM
I grew up in an era during which players were lauded for injuring other players. But those days are rightly over. Cheap shot takers need to be benched or removed from the game permanently.

Coach007
10-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Especially at this level. I think it should be a priority to protect student althetes