PDA

View Full Version : Things get fun if....

CadaverDawg
10-04-2015, 09:15 AM
LSU - loses to Bama, and either Ole Miss/A&M

A&M - loses to Bama, and either Ole Miss/LSU

Ole Miss - Splits with A&M and LSU

Bama - Beats A&M and LSU, but loses to Mississippi State

MSU - Beats Bama

That puts Bama, A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, and us with 2 SEC losses heading into the final few weeks. We would have to play Ole Miss, so that knocks one of us out. If we could get to that point, which is very possible, we'd be an LSU and/or A&M loss from being in a 2 or 3 way tie for the West with the tiebreaker over Bama.

It would take some craziness....but we've all seen how SEC teams are unpredictable from week to week.

There's some optimism for you.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 09:20 AM
MSU - Beats Bama

There's some optimism for you.

Yep

klong-dog
10-04-2015, 09:23 AM
At this point, let's beat Troy and then I have a feeling we'll have our hands full with La Tech and Kentucky. We win those, Mizzou on a Thurs night will be our next big game. Then we can worry with Bama, Ark, OM.

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Things get fun if we would just play to potential.

Behrdawg
10-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry but La Tech will be a walk through for us- we will kill them. I'm more concerned with Kentucky.

RBritt
10-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Kentucky should have lost last night. We need to figure our shit out the next 2 weeks. I hope Gray and Jenkins are ready to contribute.

BeastMan
10-04-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm sorry but La Tech will be a walk through for us- we will kill them. I'm more concerned with Kentucky.

Kentucky should have lost to an FCS team at home last night. They aren't very good.

HailState39110
10-04-2015, 10:21 AM
TAMU is designed to beat OM , but will lose to both Bama and LSU bc their run defense is no good. 10-2

OM will lose to TAMU and split between LSU and MSU - 9-3

LSU will lose to Bama and maybe OM 11-1 or 10-2

The only other game Bama might lose is LSU 11-1

MSU will beat Kentucky and split between Missouri and OM 7-5

The question will be can an SEC West team get into the playoff ?

klong-dog
10-04-2015, 10:32 AM
After what i saw last night OM @ Aub is not a given W for OM. That QB will only get better and better.

RougeDawg
10-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Things get fun if we would just play to potential and And play the best players.

Fixed it for you.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2015, 10:38 AM
TAMU is designed to beat OM , but will lose to both Bama and LSU bc their run defense is no good. 10-2

You have it backwards. LSU is designed to beat ole miss. They will rush for 300 yards against them. It won't be close.

RougeDawg
10-04-2015, 10:52 AM
Kentucky should have lost last night. We need to figure our shit out the next 2 weeks. I hope Gray and Jenkins are ready to contribute.

Will be extremely difficult while holding a clipboard.

TUSK
10-04-2015, 11:00 AM

I think Bammer will get in unless they revert back to giving the ball away...

The schedule is manageable and they may not have to play in a CG, to boot...

HailState39110
10-04-2015, 12:14 PM
You have it backwards. LSU is designed to beat ole miss. They will rush for 300 yards against them. It won't be close.

I like TAMU vs OM. Those two DEs that TAMU have will pin their ears back and be in Chad Kelly's grill all night with that soft pass protection OM has. A&M also has just as many playmakers on offense with Ricky Seals Jones , Speedy Noil, and that unbeliableable freshman WR who is already the best player on the team.

With that win vs Tennessee last night Arkansas will beat Auburn and MSU to get to 6-6

Alabama 11-1
LSU 10-2
TAMU 10-2
OM 9-3
MSU 7-5
Arkansas 6-6
Auburn 4-8

NCDawg
10-04-2015, 12:54 PM
I know Arkansas lost to Toledo and a tough one to A&M, but don't count them out. They ran the ball good against Texas A&M, which we couldn't do, and they are a tough physical team. They are capable of beating any team left on their schedule.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 01:04 PM
I know Arkansas lost to Toledo and a tough one to A&M, but don't count them out. They ran the ball good against Texas A&M, which we couldn't do, and they are a tough physical team. They are capable of beating any team left on their schedule.

Arkansas had 232 rushing yards vs aTm. We had 196

HSVDawg
10-04-2015, 04:07 PM

Yeah, La Tech has beaten us something like 3 of the last 4 times we have played them with the 4th time being a game we barely escaped in OT at home in 2011. They also took K-State to OT already this year and have one of the top RB's in the country. That game is far from a slam dunk.

Shooter McGavin
10-04-2015, 06:07 PM
I am not saying it is going to happen but IF we were to win out, things could get very very interesting. The help we would need is not out of the realm of possibility.

Bama win @aTm and LSU. UM beat aTm and LSU at home. LSU and aTm play each other so one is eliminated. This leaves a 4 way tie at 10-2 between us, bama, um, and LSU/aTm. 1st tiebreaker eliminates LSU/aTm and bama. We win the tiebreaker head to head over UM.

Again, I am not saying it will happen. I agree with engie we aren't good enough right now to win it. However, I the west is going to beat up on each other so the winnner having 2 losses could very easily happen.

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah, La Tech has beaten us something like 3 of the last 4 times we have played them with the 4th time being a game we barely escaped in OT at home in 2011. They also took K-State to OT already this year and have one of the top RB's in the country. That game is far from a slam dunk.

That's a bit of stretch..... Mullen has only played La Tech once as a coach. Croom lost to everyone..... I remember the 2-10 seasons. I do agree about Dixon, that dude is the real deal at RB. We're gonna have to shut him down.

Todd4State
10-05-2015, 12:07 AM
La Tech took Kansas State to OT. I think they are comparable to USM- but a little bit better. I don't think it will be a cakewalk for us.

It all goes back to whether Dan will play the best guys or not.

Todd4State
10-05-2015, 12:07 AM

In my fan lifetime, I had seen us defeat every single SEC team before I had witnessed us defeat La Tech.

HSVDawg
10-05-2015, 07:36 AM
That's a bit of stretch..... Mullen has only played La Tech once as a coach. Croom lost to everyone..... I remember the 2-10 seasons. I do agree about Dixon, that dude is the real deal at RB. We're gonna have to shut him down.

Croom only played them once. Sherrill also lost to them on more than one occasion if I'm not mistaken (back when they had Tim Rattay). They are just one of those programs that we have always struggled against. I wish we would stop scheduling them.

SheltonChoked
10-05-2015, 07:55 AM
I think LSU will lose to Bama and maybe A&M

Ole miss will lose to both LSU and A&M

I think A&M loses to Bama

And I think if we play an aggressive game, and we keep playing our freshmen, we beat Bama.