PDA

View Full Version : Best Team in the Nation

It_Could_Happen
10-03-2015, 11:50 PM
Just curious to see what you guys think since it's so wide open. I think it could be any of these

LSU
Baylor
A&M
Clemson

I know Clemson almost blew it tonight but I think they have one of the better wins of anyone in the country right now and Watson is the real deal. Baylor can't be stopped on Offense. A&M has recievers for days and nobody can stop LF. What you guys think?

Jack Lambert
10-03-2015, 11:53 PM
TCU. They play better defense than Baylor. No one else on that list can out score TCU.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-04-2015, 12:01 AM
TCU

It_Could_Happen
10-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Baylor just stuck it to a Texas Tech team that had TCU beat other than a fluke touchdown on a tipped ball.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-04-2015, 12:04 AM
Utah has looked good as well, and LF7 is LSU

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:13 AM
In all honesty I don't think there is one at the moment. They all have looked beatable at times. TODAY it looked like Alabama, or maybe Florida. We all know they probably aren't. I'll say this, if Fornette stays healthy and LSU can beat Bama at Tuscaloosa, they have the inside track. Fornette is something the others just don't have, one of THOSE players. There are only a very few of them that come along in most lifetimes at running back. A true running back like that is a difference maker. They don't always win a national title, but they almost always have a large say in who does at least once in their college careers. I'm 51 and I can really remember back 40 years or so. I'd say he is one of those. Herschal and Bo come to mind. He is on the edge of my memory but Archie Griffin does too.

Dawg61
10-04-2015, 12:37 AM
Ohio State. They will have everything clicking just right when they need it to be. Elliott, Jones, Barrett, Miller are 4 of the best offensive players in the country and Bosa on defense is the #1 NFL prospect. Hope I'm wrong.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:47 AM
Ohio State. They will have everything clicking just right when they need it to be. Elliott, Jones, Barrett, Miller are 4 of the best offensive players in the country and Bosa on defense is the #1 NFL prospect. Hope I'm wrong.

They damn near got beat by Indiana today. An Indiana that played most of the second half with their back up QB. They are in the conversation for sure, but if they play like that against a real team, they will lose. The opening game is long gone too. If they lose now it is harder to recover. Before today I would have said them hands down.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:49 AM
In all honesty I don't think there is one at the moment. They all have looked beatable at times. TODAY it looked like Alabama, or maybe Florida. We all know they probably aren't. I'll say this, if Fornette stays healthy and LSU can beat Bama at Tuscaloosa, they have the inside track. Fornette is something the others just don't have, one of THOSE players. There are only a very few of them that come along in most lifetimes at running back. A true running back like that is a difference maker. They don't always win a national title, but they almost always have a large say in who does at least once in their college careers. I'm 51 and I can really remember back 40 years or so. I'd say he is one of those. Herschal and Bo come to mind. He is on the edge of my memory but Archie Griffin does too.

LSU's problem is obvious of course. if anyone ever does shut down Fornette or he gets hurt, they are average at best.

Dawg61
10-04-2015, 01:22 AM
They damn near got beat by Indiana today. An Indiana that played most of the second half with their back up QB. They are in the conversation for sure, but if they play like that against a real team, they will lose. The opening game is long gone too. If they lose now it is harder to recover. Before today I would have said them hands down.

They aren't losing though. That's the problem. I watched them for about ten minutes when Bama was double dicking UGA and Jones was firing absolute cannons at his receivers who all dropped the passes instead of having their hands broken off. He will temper his throws moving forward and OSU will be throttling teams real soon. They are the real deal.

Dawg61
10-04-2015, 01:24 AM
LSU's problem is obvious of course. if anyone ever does shut down Fornette or he gets hurt, they are average at best.

LSU will lose two in the SEC. They had to run Fournette 25 times vs Eastern Michigan. That ain't good.

It_Could_Happen
10-04-2015, 01:29 AM
Honestly I have no clue who comes out of the SEC. We better hope someone only has one loss at the end of the year. OSU will run the table, the winner of Baylor TCU runs the table, Utah doesn't seem to have much competition out west and if Clemson goes unbeaten the SEC could be in trouble. Now I do think Clemson and Utah get beat at least once but if the SEC has two losses we could be on the outside looking in.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 01:31 AM
They aren't losing though. That's the problem. I watched them for about ten minutes when Bama was double dicking UGA and Jones was firing absolute cannons at his receivers who all dropped the passes instead of having their hands broken off. He will temper his throws moving forward and OSU will be throttling teams real soon. They are the real deal.

I watched a lot more of it than that. Indiana took it to them for most of the game and Jones was missing passes. I agree that OSU is the most complete team out there. Today showed they are human though. That was my point in my original post in this thread. Nobody has looked unbeatable so far.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:57 AM
LSU will lose two in the SEC. They had to run Fournette 25 times vs Eastern Michigan. That ain't good.

Fournette could very well end up like JJ Johnson.

bulldawg28
10-04-2015, 04:59 AM
Ohio State. They'll step up in the big game they actually look bored playing their schedule.

IMissJack
10-04-2015, 08:26 AM
You forgot Florida, at least they looked it last night.