PDA

View Full Version : We lost because:

Bucky Dog
10-03-2015, 11:14 PM
1. The two turnovers were huge. Cost us points on both ends.
2. Shitty punting cost us points
3. It takes us a quarter and a half to adjust on defense. Do we not watch film??
4. Dan is stubborn and a little bipolar. How much more do you need to see that Shumpert and Holloway are not the answer?? Dear, Lee and Williams need to tote the mail. Dak needs to run more like tonight. WTF was that play calling in the last half of the fourth quarter Dan??

Coach007
10-03-2015, 11:17 PM
We have started slow in Every aspect of the game this year. That's offense and defense.

Bucky Dog
10-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Our punting cost us the LSU game and tonight to a certain extent.

msstate7
10-03-2015, 11:21 PM
aTm is better. We had no answer for Garrett or Kirk.

Pinto
10-03-2015, 11:23 PM
http://youtu.be/Tie0tz7jGDI

Bucky Dog
10-03-2015, 11:24 PM
And throw in the missed TD to Myles

Bucky Dog
10-03-2015, 11:24 PM
AnM just played a flawless game and we did not.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 11:25 PM
We lost because: Dan soils his BVD's in big games as a play caller.

Bucky Dog
10-03-2015, 11:27 PM

Point number 4!

Behrdawg
10-03-2015, 11:27 PM

This

BankerDog
10-03-2015, 11:28 PM
The throw to Myles was rushed because Holloway couldn't pick up the blitz. Everyone needs to realize that.

We lost tonight because for the second game in a row we don't give our playmakers the ball. If we are going to pass it, we need to stop trotting Ross, Wilson, Brown out there together. They are the same type of WRs and can't make people miss.

We lost because we refuse to play our younger but more talented guys (DEAR, Jenkins, Calhoun, Peters).

We lost because our D would finally give us a stop, but our O couldn't do anything for our D. Three and Outs were the theme tonight

BoomBoom
10-03-2015, 11:48 PM
1. The two turnovers were huge. Cost us points on both ends.
2. Shitty punting cost us points
3. It takes us a quarter and a half to adjust on defense. Do we not watch film??
4. Dan is stubborn and a little bipolar. How much more do you need to see that Shumpert and Holloway are not the answer?? Dear, Lee and Williams need to tote the mail. Dak needs to run more like tonight. WTF was that play calling in the last half of the fourth quarter Dan??

we lost because our coach plays not to lose. it worked last year in a couple games where the opponent turned out to overrated, and we ended up ranked #1. put other than that it costs us over and over. we have a decent coach, but not a good one.. it's just a matter of how long it takes for the fanbase to realize that.

Intramural All-American
10-04-2015, 12:19 AM
Play calling, 2 TOs, shumps dropped pass, and the miss to Miles (I know Dak was rushed, but it was literally just a dump over the top.) Honestly, Bears fumble wasn't huge, but Williams was killer. I will never understand why with 5 minutes left down 10, we go short pass, read option, qb dive, false start, incompletion. How the hell do you call 3 straight plays that keep the clock moving. Dan is trying to force a running game, and it is making us lose ball games.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:19 AM

This.

It_Could_Happen
10-04-2015, 12:52 AM

Forgot Carson and Reynolds.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:05 AM
we lost because our coach plays not to lose. it worked last year in a couple games where the opponent turned out to overrated, and we ended up ranked #1. put other than that it costs us over and over. we have a decent coach, but not a good one.. it's just a matter of how long it takes for the fanbase to realize that.

I'll say this- he has gotten more mileage out of a 6-6 season with a Liberty Bowl win over a nerd school than he would have anywhere else in the SEC besides maybe Vandy.

You look at our two losses- we had an unexcuseable delay of game penalty and then trotted out a kicker who had no confidence. Then tonight we had some ridiculous play calling at the end of the first half that gifted them a touchdown- which amounted to about a 14 point swing in a game we lost by 13.

Dan has a really good situation and I don't think he will leave on his own because we have a LOT of fans that remember Felker, Jackie's dark days, and Croom- and Dan is better than all of them IMO, but I think it's starting to get to where the program's expectations are going to outgrow his capabilities and our fans are going to want more than just beating Ole Miss and winning the Liberty Bowl and eliminating embarrassing losses to people like Maine and Troy. Dan is also expensive and I can't see someone like Texas getting into a bidding war with us over a coach that has a track record of making the in game mistakes that he tends to make in big games.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:07 AM

I think it worked too because we had three games to figure out who could play and we had LSU circled on the calendar. Then we came home for Auburn and Texas A&M and were sky high for those games in all aspects from the players to the fans.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Play calling, 2 TOs, shumps dropped pass, and the miss to Miles (I know Dak was rushed, but it was literally just a dump over the top.) Honestly, Bears fumble wasn't huge, but Williams was killer. I will never understand why with 5 minutes left down 10, we go short pass, read option, qb dive, false start, incompletion. How the hell do you call 3 straight plays that keep the clock moving. Dan is trying to force a running game, and it is making us lose ball games.

This game reminded me so much of the 2013 Texas A&M game. We saw a lot of guys play and some performed and others didn't and then some things reared their ugly head. I think Dan is being "big picture" right now in that he knows that we MUST find a running back. I don't think he was trying to lose or anything- but we can go to a BCS bowl with two losses most likely. I think he is going to spend the next five games with an eye towards Alabama and then the Egg Bowl and go all in on those.

It's just a theory.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 01:21 AM
On offense it all comes back to we do not have a line that is good enough at the moment to consistently block any scheme against a good opponent. That was something that most were afraid of. They struggle to do it against average opponents. On defense our secondary is the same as it was last year, at best. Last year we played it tight and as a result we got burned deep over and over in the big games. The offense was good enough to overcome some of that. This year it's going to struggle to do it. The coaches know it hence we aren't playing tight. We are trying, not always with success, to keep everything in front of the secondary in order not to give up big play after big play. The hope is the offense will screw up. A&M rarely did. It is what it is.

archdog
10-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Well its not hard to see that A Williams needs a couple 20 carry games and some time with the first team offense. This guy looked better on two plays than what I have been seeing. We need a playmaker/blocker back there.

I really hate bad mouthing one of our guys, but Shump needs to find a different role on our team. Can the guy play safety?

Dallas_Dawg
10-04-2015, 01:34 AM
BCS bowl? Laughable man.
We are a decent team but 7-8 wins is our ceiling this year. The truth hurts; I know

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:38 AM
BCS bowl? Laughable man.
We are a decent team but 7-8 wins is our ceiling this year. The truth hurts; I know

We'll see how it plays out- and it probably won't work out. At any rate I wouldn't be surprised if we finish strong like we did in 2013. And that may mean the Gator Bowl.

dawgs
10-04-2015, 01:38 AM

Helps that auburn and a&m last year gave us turnovers to help get out to a big lead. We haven't created turnovers or been as fortuitous in the dept in our big games this year.

Gatordog
10-04-2015, 02:58 AM
Look at Auburn, they suck big time on both sides of the ball so what does Gus do? He figures out a way to run the ball to keep his D off the field and to give his team the best chance to win. He is also playing his best players. We should be doing the same. When Dan got here he had a bucket of crape and he figured out a way to make it work while playing the toughest schedule in the land. Sometimes you have to look in the mirror admit your wrong and go back to the basics. Shumpert block and find your TB. It's time to run!

msstate7
10-04-2015, 07:29 AM
Well its not hard to see that A Williams needs a couple 20 carry games and some time with the first team offense. This guy looked better on two plays than what I have been seeing. We need a playmaker/blocker back there.

I really hate bad mouthing one of our guys, but Shump needs to find a different role on our team. Can the guy play safety?

Shump leading the way for Williams

Schultzy
10-04-2015, 08:11 AM
If you don't have sec offensive tackles you're going to get exposed, especially against teams with good defensive ends. Best qb we've ever had and no tackles to protect him against decent defenses.

No way to play call well when you're line can't block, are just very limited offensively this year bc of it.

msstate7
10-04-2015, 08:17 AM
If you don't have sec offensive tackles you're going to get exposed, especially against teams with good defensive ends. Best qb we've ever had and no tackles to protect him against decent defenses.

No way to play call well when you're line can't block, are just very limited offensively this year bc of it.

Rankin not being ready has been a huge blow

defiantdog
10-04-2015, 08:20 AM

Garrett destroyed our offensive line last night. At the same time, our defensive line barely got any pressure on passing downs. If we are to win big games like that, we need the complete package. We need solid offensive linemen, pass rushers, an RB that can fight for 5 yards and hold onto the ball, and safeties that don't miss tackles. Fred Ross played a hell of a game. And Chris Jones also played a damn good game..... His role at DT calling for double teams opened up the edges. The defense played well but we need faster players at certain positions.

basedog
10-04-2015, 08:49 AM

Well said and you knocked it out of the park! Out tackles are below SEC standards, and yes it's Mullen and staff's fault for not recruiting better tackles. I don't care what coach is on our sideline calling plays, it ain't gonna work until we solve out tackle play on offense. Another glaring issue we have is lack of speed especially on offense, we are way to slow in trying to keep pace with teams like A&M who has blazing speed. To me that was so obvious on both sides of the ball. The Aggies are very young and will get better.

We lost a lot more talent from last year's team than what we have starting today. Last year's team we beat this year's team at least 2 TD's. It is truly a rebuilding year. If we win 7 or 8 games that will be good for a Msu rebuilding team. Also thank goodness for Dak this year, it would or could have been much worse.

Bottom line, the Aggies were more talented and the better team, there is nothing Mullen could have done to change the outcome of the game, our players were in position to make players and didn't. 2 fumbles, missed TD pass, poor punting which we never had field position all night.

Dawgface
10-04-2015, 09:22 AM
BCS bowl? Laughable man.

Agree. We are no where near being a BCS team or any Jan 1st bowl. People need to go ahead and adjust to a lower tier bowl mindset.

I seen it dawg
10-04-2015, 12:23 PM

Winner