PDA

View Full Version : what are our fixes.

DudyDawg
10-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Who starts in the backfield. Who plays safety. Who is our third corner. It clearly aint Cleveland. Who makes plays on both of our lines.

We have some problems. How do we fix them. I really don't know how we do

HoopsDawg
10-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Who starts in the backfield. Who plays safety. Who is our third corner. It clearly aint Cleveland. Who makes plays on both of our lines.

We have some problems. How do we fix them. I really don't know how we do

It's clear Shump isn't the answer as a feature back, he needs to go to H-Back. And Holloway needs to go back to 5 carries a game as a specialty player. Dear needs to be moved to RB ASAP. I would go with Williams and Dear.

Need to go with Jenkins at LT and Calhoun at RG. Got to get better play up front.

Defensively, I would start Gray at OLB and Peters at SS. Green needs to play more and I would even like to see him at DE as a speed rusher some. Not much else we can do except recruit some pass rushers.

civildawg
10-03-2015, 11:11 PM
Get a better play caller

confucius say
10-03-2015, 11:15 PM
Get dear more touches. Play Calhoun more than desper at guard. Keep running dak like tonight. Protect the football. Catch would be interceptions.

Sacrifice
10-03-2015, 11:20 PM
Stop turning the ball over in the redzone and yes bench Desper and Warren. Get Dear 10-15 touches a game and we got to find a deep threat on offense maybe gray.

BankerDog
10-03-2015, 11:23 PM
1) RB- Dear and Williams
2) S- McClaurin and Bryant/Peters are the ones who need to play. Georgia started a true freshman S from West Marion, MS today. Peters and McClaurin can do it.
3) DL- Nelson Adams needs to start. Nick James should only come in to play on 3rd downs. Where is Corey Thomas at? He has to be better than Hoyett. Take the Redshirt off Fletcher Adams. He will at least play with a motor; something Chris Jones only does a few plays a game.
4) We need to get back to having a fire in our eyes, playing with some guts. That goes for coaches and players. Too many of our guys think things should be given to them. We have a lot of guys who can lead chants pregame, but no one who wants to get into the face of the others during a game to man up. You think Tebow would let some of this crap fly? I want the Dak Prescott that punched one of his own OL at practice for not shutting up in his huddle. I want the Dak Prescott who isn't worried about his draft grade and wants to win games. Where is the fire in his eyes? I want Mullen to play his best players. I want our guys to be great the fundamentals (Williams w/ ball in the right hand, WRs knowing where 1st down marker is). I want defense who that will pin their ears back and hit someone. I haven't seen someone get hit since Jamar Chaney lit up Shay Hodge. Stop playing a soft zone and let our All-American DBs lock up on the WRs. I want to see a safety slide down and get in the slot instead of Zach Jackson. But if we are gonna use Zach Jackson type, I want JT Gray, he's a dang football player.

5) CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME DEs WHO WILL GIVE US A PASS RUSH. WE HAVEN'T HAD ONE SINCE Titus Brown or Willie Evans on the outside.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 11:24 PM
The only answer this year is hope that the guys improve with experience. The only position I thought might improve with a personnel change was running back. We saw them all tonight and I think we saw their limitations, and to some degree why they are limited. The main difference between this year and last year is on the offensive line. The other weaknesses are similar. On the offensive line it sucks but we ARE breaking in 3 new starters and we have a center who hasn't played center since grade school. If you want to bitch about coaches bitch about why we have to play a guy like that, who I think is actually a decent offensive linemen, at that position. In all the inane bull crap that has been posted about coaches on here tonight I haven't seen that mentioned once. In all honesty it is what it is. I believe in Dan Mullen. In 110 years plus of MSU football he has taken us higher, for a brief time, than we have ever been. What I believe is even more important is that his LOWS have been higher than we have ever suffered through. THAT my friends is the real measure of a building program. Keep the faith and HAIL STATE.

DudyDawg
10-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Who starts at punter**

Really wish dear didn't cramp up. Not bc I think he would've played over shump and holloway, but at least I could bitch more about it.

And as much as bear is a freak, he still isn't consistent enough to truly be a playmaker you absolutely have to key on.

BankerDog
10-03-2015, 11:31 PM
The only answer this year is hope that the guys improve with experience. The only position I thought might improve with a personnel change was running back. We saw them all tonight and I think we saw their limitations, and to some degree why they are limited. The main difference between this year and last year is on the offensive line. The other weaknesses are similar. On the offensive line it sucks but we ARE breaking in 3 new starters and we have a center who hasn't played center since grade school. If you want to bitch about coaches bitch about why we have to play a guy like that, who I think is actually a decent offensive linemen, at that position. In all the inane bull crap that has been posted about coaches on here tonight I haven't seen that mentioned once. In all honesty it is what it is. I believe in Dan Mullen. In 110 years plus of MSU football he has taken us higher, for a brief time, than we have ever been. What I believe is even more important is that his LOWS have been higher than we have ever suffered through. THAT my friends is the real measure of a building program. Keep the faith and HAIL STATE.

You would be right!

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:33 AM
My lineup:

QB- Dak
ATH- Dear- use him at slot and RB with emphasis at RB.
RB- Lee/Williams as a tandem
H-back/FB- Shumpert
WR- Bear
WR- Fred Brown
Slot- Gabe Myles assuming he is healthy if not Ross
H-back/TE- Walley (where was he tonight?)
Attached TE- Warren assuming he is healthy

LT- Jenkins
LG- Desper/Calhoun
C- Clayborn
RG- Malone
RT- Senior

DE- Chris Jones- I think a big reason he is "lazy" is because he really wants to play DE and he is stuck at DT where he doesn't want to be. This might kindle his fire.
DT- Nick James
DT- Nelson Adams
DE- AJ

OLB- JT
MLB- Beniquez
OLB- Richie
LB- Green in some 3-4 sets as an ILB and also rotate him in occasionally as an MLB in 4-3 for Beni

S- Peters
S- Bryant
CB- Redmond
CB- Calhoun
Nickle- Giles

PK- Graves
P- Cooke- for now
KO- Bell

KR- Holloway and Myles assuming Gabe is healthy
PR- Donald Gray

Gatordog
10-04-2015, 03:01 AM
AJ Jefferson is playing extremely well. High motor and disrupting a lot of plays at DE

klong-dog
10-04-2015, 06:22 AM
I like it all but get Holloway out of kick returner duties. It's obvious he doesn't want the ball by letting it bounce all around him or not even trying to catch it on the run. And once he gets it, it's back to running skiddish again, he never gets even up up to 75% speed.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 07:53 AM
I like it all but get Holloway out of kick returner duties. It's obvious he doesn't want the ball by letting it bounce all around him or not even trying to catch it on the run. And once he gets it, it's back to running skiddish again, he never gets even up up to 75% speed.

I don't know what was up with that.

Schultzy
10-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Recruit some offensive tackles.

IMissJack
10-04-2015, 08:40 AM
Dan showed last year that he can win with good, experienced talent. However, the way we recruit, that will only come together about 1 out of 3 years. Hate to sound like Freeze, but we have to recruit better. We have too many glaring holes, with too many people that should not be starting in the SEC. We are going to have to go out of state for OL, MS doesn't have enough.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Dan showed last year that he can win with good, experienced talent. However, the way we recruit, that will only come together about 1 out of 3 years. Hate to sound like Freeze, but we have to recruit better. We have too many glaring holes, with too many people that should not be starting in the SEC. We are going to have to go out of state for OL, MS doesn't have enough.

We have talent. Dan just has to be OK playing some of them before year three in the program.

IMissJack
10-04-2015, 08:47 AM
We have talent at some positions, some that hasn't been utilized, but not enough across the board.

I seen it dawg
10-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Our head coach and offensive game planning, personnel planning, and play calling all need a kick in the ****ing balls.

wayneland5025
10-04-2015, 09:28 AM

This is the real answer. You cannot win enough in the SEC without recruiting like they do, not matter now much developing you do. Our coaches are as good as the opponents but our recruiting doesnt come close.