PDA

View Full Version : Our playbook does not threaten the defense vertically.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
and lets them play close to the line. Thats not good for a team without a dominating OL.

Dawg61
10-03-2015, 10:50 PM
and lets them play close to the line. Thats not good for a team without a dominating OL.

Yup I just made another thread saying the same thing. Dak looks so good when he does the play action streak down the middle. Too bad we only tried it once tonight and it was wide ass open. Dan must be saving that play for next week vs Troy.

PhiAggie
10-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Had Dak kept it on more designed runs, it would have been much closer.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 10:52 PM

I agree, but that's unfortunately by design I think. The only thing our line can really block is short pass routes.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Because Tyler Russell couldn't throw it deep. Dusted off that 2012 playbook this year, or we just accidentally printed it off and decided to go ahead and use it.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Because Tyler Russell couldn't throw it deep. Dusted off that 2012 playbook this year, or we just accidentally printed it off and decided to go ahead and use it.

Im not sure if you are missing my point or I am missing yours. Im not talking QB play, Im talking stressing the defense vertically. No one is concerned about our big play ability.