PDA

View Full Version : 9-3

Tripp McNeely
10-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Not gonna beat a good SEC team on the road turning the ball over 3 times to their zero...but dear lord, we've come SO FAR as a program!! I still think we go 9-3...I'll take that for a "down year"! A&M will be a top 10 team on Monday

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Not happening

Quaoarsking
10-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah, we aren't as good as the "typical" 9-3 SEC West team, but Mizzou, Kentucky, Auburn, and Arkansas all blow, and the Egg Bowl is in Starkville, giving us a believable path to 5-3 in the SEC.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Not gonna beat a good SEC team on the road turning the ball over 3 times to their zero...but dear lord, we've come SO FAR as a program!! I still think we go 9-3...I'll take that for a "down year"! A&M will be a top 10 team on Monday

http://imgur.com/bQKZMJr.png

civildawg
10-03-2015, 10:33 PM
No, just no

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2015, 10:39 PM
We have the ability and at times show the execution to go 9-3 but we will have to get better on offense for that to happen.

We are averaging 17 points a game on offense in the SEC. That won't cut it.

I did think we ran the ball better tonight & that Dear & Williams have potential. So maybe we will improve on offense.

Our offense was garbage tonight.

Tripp McNeely
10-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Start Dear over the next 4 and let him learn how to pass block "on the job".

You never know how that oblong ball will bounce, but we'll be favored in every game going forward...minus (maybe) Bama

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Idk about the other games but Bama is going down in Starkville this year...we could lose every other damn game, but that one I think we win. Dak is gonna go off in that one, it's the game he came back for. Am I crazy? Hell yes! But mark it down, Bama is going down this year!!!!!

Carl_Spackler
9-3 if we are lucky. Hate it for Dak but the O line and turnovers have cost us games. TA&M is garbage. Bama will destroy them.

Tripp McNeely
Not happening

Did Cartman disagree?? Man, that's surprising!!! ****

Jacksondevildog
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Texas A&M has a good defensive front and Chavis is a damn good DC. Their WR's are the best in the SEC. They will be hell to deal with. Alabama may beat them, but I think they beat Ole Miss and LSU will be a toss up.

Behrdawg
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Idk about the other games but Bama is going down in Starkville this year...we could lose every other damn game, but that one I think we win. Dak is gonna go off in that one, it's the game he came back for. Am I crazy? Hell yes! But mark it down, Bama is going down this year!!!!!

Good gawd. If Dak "came back" for any game it's the eggbowl. Did you watch Bama play today? They will come to Starkville ready to play. Hopefully we are ready.

Tripp McNeely
10-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Damn, we should've beaten LSU

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Good gawd. If Dak "came back" for any game it's the eggbowl. Did you watch Bama play today? They will come to Starkville ready to play. Hopefully we are ready.

Dak will have better stats vs Bama than the Egg Bowl. A lot of State players can say they beat Ole Miss, they can't say the same for Bama. The egg bowl was circled, but the big one is Bama...

Statecoachingblows**
10-03-2015, 10:53 PM

Not sure what to think of Bama honestly. I think Richt is what Mullen is becoming. Steady contender but never gonna win it all. Some years a little higher than others but not much skew. 7-10 wins, no more no less. I hope I'm wrong but at some point you get better or you've hit your ceiling. Not saying fire him or any of that but we've regressed. Dak has regressed, our creativity has regressed, and our defensive intensity has regressed.

TimberBeast
10-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Not sure what to think of Bama honestly. I think Richt is what Mullen is becoming. Steady contender but never gonna win it all. Some years a little higher than others but not much skew. 7-10 wins, no more no less. I hope I'm wrong but at some point you get better or you've hit your ceiling. Not saying fire him or any of that but we've regressed. Dak has regressed, our creativity has regressed, and our defensive intensity has regressed.

Richt has been to the SEC Championship.

klong-dog
10-03-2015, 11:00 PM
We definitely match up better with Bama. Arkansas in November will still be very difficult to win. They had a good win in Knoxville tonight.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 11:02 PM

Been to 5 won 2. Mullen doesn't belong in the same essay as Richt

confucius say
10-03-2015, 11:03 PM

It's a hell of a lot easier to win at Georgia than msu. Mullen can be frustrating I know, I'm just saying.

HoopsDawg
10-03-2015, 11:03 PM
I feel like the best 3 teams in the SEC are Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M, no clue on the order. Point is, we have played 2 of those 3.

We will probably lose to Bama. I think @ Arky is our toughest obstacle to 9 wins, but definitely doable. No way Dak let's us lose at home to OM in his final game if we are 8-3.

HoopsDawg
10-03-2015, 11:06 PM
It's a hell of a lot easier to win at Georgia than msu. Mullen can be frustrating I know, I'm just saying.

The state of GA pumps out more Power 5 players every year than every state in the country other than FL, TX, and CA. Ridiculous amount of talent to find 25 players every year.

Saltydog
10-03-2015, 11:06 PM
and our best chances for wins are UK and Mizzou and those aren't givens by any stretch. I think we'll struggle with Upig and their power running game too and it's at their place.

confucius say
10-03-2015, 11:07 PM
Been to 5 won 2. Mullen doesn't belong in the same essay as Richt

Wow. Just wow. Richt is a great guy but is one of the biggest underachievers in football. He has the best recruiting state in the country per capita, and fourth regardless of population, and is the only game in town in that state. Plus the east sucks. It's harder to go 8-4 in Starkville than 10-2 in Athens.

Saltydog
10-03-2015, 11:10 PM
They will run it down our damn throats. Matter o' fact, that game might get ugly. We just dont' have the defensive front to stop their run game.

Statecoachingblows**
10-03-2015, 11:10 PM
Wow. Just wow. Richt is a great guy but is one of the biggest underachievers in football. He has the best recruiting state in the country per capita, and fourth regardless of population, and is the only game in town in that state. Plus the east sucks. It's harder to go 8-4 in Starkville than 10-2 in Athens.

That was my point not necessarily Apples to apples but in a general sense.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 11:14 PM
9-3 if we are lucky. Hate it for Dak but the O line and turnovers have cost us games. TA&M is garbage. Bama will destroy them.

Tamu is the best team in the sec west right now. They are complete. Run, pass and a defense.

Bothrops
10-03-2015, 11:16 PM
We never had the defense to go better than 8-4. We need to improve the offense over the next few weeks, so we have a shot at 8.

Bothrops
10-03-2015, 11:17 PM
LSU or Bama for the west. Lsu will pulverize A&M.

State82
10-03-2015, 11:20 PM
and our best chances for wins are UK and Mizzou and those aren't givens by any stretch. I think we'll struggle with Upig and their power running game too and it's at their place.

I'm with Salty on this one. I'm not confident on UK or Mizzou either one but agree they are our best chances at another conference win. Other than those we are toast.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2015, 11:38 PM
We will be 7-2 when bama comes to town.

On a side note, I think all five of the big conferences are down. This is a year that there will be some suckhole teams in the play off and good teams left out. If thing don't change the SEC could be the 5th team out.

Boya
10-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Not happening

Man **** this dude

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2015, 11:41 PM
Sec west winner could very well have 2 losses...

Quaoarsking
10-03-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm with Salty on this one. I'm not confident on UK or Mizzou either one but agree they are our best chances at another conference win. Other than those we are toast.

You really think a shit Kentucky team that goes to OT with Eastern Kentucky is going to come into Starkville and beat us? I'm very confident in that game.

We are much better than Missouri, but it is a road game in a stadium none of our players have ever been to, and it could potentially be really cold/snowy or something, so I wouldn't call myself "very confident" or anything, but I think we probably win.

That should make us 7-2 coming into the Alabama game (which we won't win without some big improvement, but we have over a month to get there).

Saltydog
10-03-2015, 11:46 PM
wanted last year. Yes, it was at their place and this year it's at ours but remember this, we aren't the same team we were last year either.

Bothrops
10-04-2015, 12:00 AM
wanted last year. Yes, it was at their place and this year it's at ours but remember this, we aren't the same team we were last year either.

It was the last time we played them at home that they really gave us all we wanted.