PDA

View Full Version : To all those that want us to run more than pass.

Rayburn8
10-03-2015, 09:20 PM
We have run 29 times and passed 26 times. Look at our offense.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Sorry... but we have to be able to run. Especially against this team. The pass rush is great. Plus we found out that we actually can run.

War Machine Dawg
10-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Actually, looking at the stats right now and we didn't run it that poorly. 34 carries for 196, 5.8 YPC. And that includes sack yardage. Now granted, we got about 1/4 of that on Dear's long run. But that's a pretty decent night rushing. It's more the predictability and missed plays. Dak overthrowing Gabe, too many bubble screens on 3rd & long, etc.

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 10:09 PM
We can run? What were you watching? The only guy that can anything other is dear and that is a one of play. We can't block shat. Slow and ****** like o line play.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:17 PM
I watched the same game you did. I'm just not overly emotional about the loss. That really allows one to see more clearly.

We are improving which we had to do. If we can run every defense we face will pin their ears and Dak will pay the price. It is what it is.

HoopsDawg
10-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Actually, looking at the stats right now and we didn't run it that poorly. 34 carries for 196, 5.8 YPC. And that includes sack yardage. Now granted, we got about 1/4 of that on Dear's long run. But that's a pretty decent night rushing. It's more the predictability and missed plays. Dak overthrowing Gabe, too many bubble screens on 3rd & long, etc.

Dak overthrew Myles b/c Holloway couldn't pick up the blitz.

Our running yards came from the 1 Dear run + Dak. We have no running game with our RB. Other than 1 year with J-Rob we really haven't had a running game since Dan ditched the H-back.

BoomBoom
10-03-2015, 10:22 PM

and we lost by a ton. when they give us the pass, take it, you dam idjut.

smootness
10-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Dak overthrew Myles b/c Holloway couldn't pick up the blitz.

Our running yards came from the 1 Dear run + Dak. We have no running game with our RB. Other than 1 year with J-Rob we really haven't had a running game since Dan ditched the H-back.

Aeries looked good on his carries. Obviously the fumble is bad, but I think the issue has more to do with Shumpert and then relying on Holloway than on our overall ability to run it. The only guys who should get carries from here on out are Dak, Lee, Dear, and Williams, with Holloway getting a touch here and there on specifically designed plays.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:24 PM
Well, that's just not true. Take away those yards from Dear, do the math and compare to the last 4 games. We have 2 choices. Try to clean up the poor blocking, run Dak, and allow the run game to improve or put Dak in a non win situation. He was not going to stand in the pocket. VS TAMU.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:26 PM
and we lost by a ton. when they give us the pass, take it, you dam idjut.

........... they were not giving it to us. That's the best pass rush in the sec. You gotta run.

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm not over emotional either. I just see it without maroon colored glasses. Our Oline is a liability. Example, in the 4th we have 3rd and 6. No spy on Dak, linebackers have walked out to the flats. We call the perfect play, and we are so slow that Dak gets 3. Then we jump and it's over. Should be a simple easy 6 to 8 yards and we get 3. There are more but this is what I have been seeing all year. And we are supposed to be zone blocking things. Poor.

War Machine Dawg
10-03-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm not over emotional either. I just see it without maroon colored glasses. Our Oline is a liability. Example, in the 4th we have 3rd and 6. No spy on Dak, linebackers have walked out to the flats. We call the perfect play, and we are so slow that Dak gets 3. Then we jump and it's over. Should be a simple easy 6 to 8 yards and we get 3. There are more but this is what I have been seeing all year. And we are supposed to be zone blocking things. Poor.

For the record, I'm not saying the OL is good. They haven't played very well overall, especially tonight. Warren is getting beaten worse than a government mule. But we did some good things tonight. We aren't nearly where we need to be or want to be, but it's not all doom and gloom either. The big thing is getting some of our personnel issues fixed. Shump needs to sit, more Lee, Williams, and Dear on offense. And let's be fair, aTm is really improved. I didn't buy it, but they are. 3rd best team in the West right now. Maybe second.

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Personel issues don't mean much when there in no where to run but up the ass of your own linemen or into the other colored shirts. Does shump need to sit, yes no vison. But new backs are not the answer.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:41 PM
Exactly right. I really can't complain about a lot of the plays called. The roll out of Dak to avoid the lash rush etc etc.

Dak had an off night passing. And we found some ability to run.

Our bigger issue tonight was the lack of a pass rush on 3rd an long.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:43 PM
Here is the jest of it. We failed to convert inside their red zone early. We turned it over 2 times. This game was a lot closer than it looked. We just didn't finish and we need some emotion.

confucius say
10-03-2015, 10:45 PM

Go look at the 3rd and 6. Backer to left/top is cheated in the box. Backer to right is not. Dak had huge hole at right tackle area and he went left before coming back right. That was on him. He hits the hole early and it's 8 yard gain easy.

blacklistedbully
10-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Should have been, at worst, a 1-score game on our last possession. We stepped on our own dicks repeatedly.

Coach007
10-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Right. We are still green. But major improvements