PDA

View Full Version : Our O line is really bad gents

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Desper has be beaten like a rented mule. And the rest are not great.

msstate7
10-03-2015, 09:10 PM
Time to try some new guys. We have 2 games to get them work

BoomBoom
10-03-2015, 09:13 PM

they're not that good, but the play calling makes them look worse. when your backup WR gets a 52yd run and never sees the field again, the problem aint the OL.

Saltydog
10-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Remember, we won't lose anything on the OL and the new guys we have replacing last years starters are more athletic and were higher rated recruits. Geez man come on.

Bubb Rubb
10-03-2015, 09:51 PM
You're not allowed to say that here.

You're correct, of course.

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 09:53 PM
Remember, we won't lose anything on the OL and the new guys we have replacing last years starters are more athletic and were higher rated recruits. Geez man come on.

Because that is complete bull shat. What we are really good at is the lookout block.

VandelayIndustries

Yea I remember hearing a lot of this in the offseason haha

Leroy Jenkins
they're not that good, but the play calling makes them look worse. when your backup WR gets a 52yd run and never sees the field again, the problem aint the OL.

Dear is cramping.

HSVDawg
10-03-2015, 10:01 PM
100% agree. Perhaps the two worst run defenses in the league are Auburn and Texas A&M and we haven't been able to open a single damn hole against either one of them. Just flat out embarrassing and a waste of the senior year of the best player in our history.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-03-2015, 10:01 PM

For the 1000th time. Hevesy is NOT good.

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2015, 10:10 PM

So far the leader in the clubhouse for the dumbest thing said tonight.

MaxedOutMaroon
10-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Jenkins actually didn't look bad out there. Our good OL is young, so there's hope for the future. Unfortunately it's not while we have the best QB in history. One minor issue that I noticed that could mean something in the big picture. Is the OL doesn't seem to understand the hype and meanness that we had last year. They don't run and pick up Dak when he breaks a run. He had to call for help. I know it sounds meaningless, but it speaks loud of the small parts of the position.

Coursesuper
10-03-2015, 10:16 PM
I will take issue here. When it has really counted against teams that really stop the run like Bammer and UNM our line folds up like a cheap suit. We can look like world beaters against less than stealer opposition but when it counts we are absent on the oline.

msstate7
10-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Jenkins actually didn't look bad out there. Our good OL is young, so there's hope for the future. Unfortunately it's not while we have the best QB in history. One minor issue that I noticed that could mean something in the big picture. Is the OL doesn't seem to understand the hype and meanness that we had last year. They don't run and pick up Dak when he breaks a run. He had to call for help. I know it sounds meaningless, but it speaks loud of the small parts of the position.

We're gonna do like tenn did after they lost Peyton and win a natty next year... Ok, maybe not haha

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-03-2015, 10:23 PM
So far the leader in the clubhouse for the dumbest thing said tonight.

Soooooo, Mr. Cuevas(or Ladner, or Necaise or the other two possible surnames in Hancock County) please tell me when our OL excelled tonight.

DistrictDawg92
10-03-2015, 10:30 PM

Go to sleep man

Joe Schmedlap
10-03-2015, 10:51 PM

Hevesy isn't the guy getting whipped on the field. Now, he is getting whipped on signing day, I'll grant you that.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 10:55 PM

Yep, and that is the real root of all our offensive problems. It doesn't matter what you call if you can't block it it ain't gonna work. Maybe it does on PlayStation, but in real football it doesn't. We don't want to hear it but the media had us pegged here.

Saltydog
10-03-2015, 11:02 PM
Our receiving corps is the best in the league and we're going to be so explosive we'll simply outscore other teams. Right now we're averaging a paltry 17.66 ppg in league play. That shit ain't gonna cut it.

NCDawg
10-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Hevesy isn't the guy getting whipped on the field. Now, he is getting whipped on signing day, I'll grant you that.

I think he's getting whipped both ways-on the field and on signing day. We might as well face it-we haven't had a real good OL since Mullen has been here.

GreenheadDawg
10-03-2015, 11:16 PM
I think he's getting whipped both ways-on the field and on signing day. We might as well face it-we haven't had a real good OL since Mullen has been here.

There's probably a reason most of our olinemen aren't recruited by other sec schools. Stars don't matter **

Bothrops
10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Nah, our OL ain't bad. It is that we faced a real DL tonight that has real pass rushers. We don't have that, so you kinda get taken aback when you see it in action. Our OL was fine against Auburn, but again, they're like us. Just average to below average D-line.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:01 AM
Nah, our OL ain't bad. It is that we faced a real DL tonight that has real pass rushers. We don't have that, so you kinda get taken aback when you see it in action. Our OL was fine against Auburn, but again, they're like us. Just average to below average D-line.

LOL. I'd go back and read that if I were you. You got around to the nitty gritty, after that first sentence. That one contradicts the rest.

Liverpooldawg
10-04-2015, 12:03 AM

Hard to run when you are cramping on the sideline. That didn't come from us. That came from the blond on the sideline. That should tell you why he isn't playing that much.

It_Could_Happen
10-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Clayborn is above average. Senior has been decent this year other than the penalty and missed block tonight. I have nothing positive to say about the others so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Saltydog
10-04-2015, 12:07 AM
We only had a little over 300 yards total offense in that game against a defense that had lost their best lineman.

Bothrops
10-04-2015, 12:26 AM
We only had a little over 300 yards total offense in that game against a defense that had lost their best lineman.

We got ourselves out of sync on offense in the second half. Some players that had success in the first half disappeared. Our OL pass blocked very well against Auburn.

Todd4State
10-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Our o-line is more athletic than last years but they aren't as physical. THAT is a lot of the problem. We need guys that are both with a mean streak.

DistrictDawg92
10-04-2015, 02:58 AM
We are really missing Day in the middle, bad.