PDA

View Full Version : San Jose with more rushing yards in 1st Q, than we had all game vs Auburn.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 03:43 PM
We have got to get some type of running game going. I just don't see us beating A&M or anybody else worth a shit without having at least a little bit of balance. Our defense doesn't need to be on the field all game long.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Agreed, 99 combined SEC rushing yards so far ain't getting it done

msstate7
10-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah, well auburn scored more vs sjsu in the 1st than us all game. We're better than sjsu... Yes!**

Liverpooldawg
They are also losing.

defiantdog
But Shump was a 4*.....

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 03:48 PM
They are also losing.

They are also SJSU. What's your point?

GreenheadDawg
10-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I just don't see it changing because Mullen is gonna Mullen and Shumpert will be back out there today tripping out of bounds

defiantdog
10-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Oh yeah, well auburn scored more vs sjsu in the 1st than us all game. We're better than sjsu... Yes!**
But honestly, we'd be taken a lot more seriously if we had a run threat. You think Georgia would be considered a threat without Chubb?

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I just don't see it changing because Mullen is gonna Mullen and Shumpert will be back out there today tripping out of bounds

Then we will lose today.

GreenheadDawg
10-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Then we will lose today.

I agree with that if we don't find some kind of running game. One dimensional teams usually don't fair too well. Right now we are one dimensional

msstate7
10-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I agree with that if we don't find some kind of running game. One dimensional teams usually don't fair too well. Right now we are one dimensional

Well isn't aTm 1 dimensional also?

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Yep. We can use the short passing game to act as running plays, but that will only take you so far, because they are all to the outside. We have to be a threat up the middle, or else nobody will guard against it. I expect A&M to heavily guard against the RB swing pass today, because they know it is our only way to "run" the ball. Maybe we can gash them up the middle by running a WR in motion like he's going to take a swing pass, and then draw play Holloway up the gut. It's a shame that Holloway has to be the guy, but he has played well, and nobody else has stepped up or gotten a chance to step up

gravedigger
10-03-2015, 04:05 PM
We have got to get some type of running game going. I just don't see us beating A&M or anybody else worth a shit without having at least a little bit of balance. Our defense doesn't need to be on the field all game long.

In a related story, nick chubb has barely gotten any rushing yards. Seems he's not the right guy for the job AND georgia has to find a way to run the ball. Because of course everyone knows if you cannot run the ball, passing it isnt solution in spite if the examples of when it is.

MabenMaroon
10-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I think we will see some shuttle passes, qb draws and screens to interior in tonight's game, which is effectively a running play. Then when TAMU's de's back off you will see some read option and some good ole rtgdf. Patience my fellow Bulldawg friends and faithful, we are a work in progress and will continue to develop all phazes of our game as the season moves on. But at the same time, if Dak has a hot hand and the pass is working, do what works and win the game.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 04:10 PM
In a related story, nick chubb has barely gotten any rushing yards. Seems he's not the right guy for the job AND georgia has to find a way to run the ball. Because of course everyone knows if you cannot run the ball, passing it isnt solution in spite if the examples of when it is.

Yea, because Georgia and Chubb has been the equivalent to MSU and Shump in the running department this season. What's your point? You can't be one dimensional all damn season, or your defense will be on the field too much. Do you disagree? A defensive Coordinator's job is primarily to make teams one dimensional, yet you think we can do that for them and still win at a high level?

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 04:11 PM
They are also SJSU. What's your point?

Point is we did what worked for us that game to to win the game. That's all that matters. It's what matters tonight too Do what works. Don't keep trying something that won't just to be stubborn. That was what Croom did.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 04:13 PM
Point is we did what worked for us that game to to win the game. That's all that matters. It's what matters tonight too Do what works. Don't keep trying something that won't just to be stubborn. That was what Croom did.

Ok, I forgot I was talking to someone that had no foresight. SOme of us are looking at how we can possibly still make a run at the West....not how we can squeak past a shitastic Auburn team. Carry on, and I'll talk to others.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Ok, I forgot I was talking to someone that had no foresight. SOme of us are looking at how we can possibly still make a run at the West....not how we can squeak past a shitastic Auburn team. Carry on, and I'll talk to others.

Do what works applies to every game man. Be adaptable. I don't care if it's running, passing, or both.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Do what works applies to every game man. Be adaptable. I don't care if it's running, passing, or both.

So we have been trying not to run the ball through 4 games? Ha

msstate7
10-03-2015, 04:21 PM

We're #14 in the sec in rushing att

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Where did you get that? Running didn't work so we passed. Had we done that earlier against LSU we would be undefeated. Do what works for that game.

engie
10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Little bit of a misnomer here -- the SJSU rb is one of the best in the country. Actually has outperformed Fournette to this point in the season against worse competition obviously. Not to say we don't have serious running game issues because we damn sure do -- but this guy was going to get his against Auburn.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Where did you get that? Running didn't work so we passed. Had we done that earlier against LSU we would be undefeated. Do what works for that game.

It's not that running didn't work. We aren't running correctly. Like using Ladarius Perkins up the middle all year wasn't running correctly.

I can count on one hand the number of true read-options and misdirection draws we've run this year. That has been our bread and butter in the past. Just a few of those will open up so much more and we will be able to top 20 points in an SEC game. The expectations are great, don't just settle for 8 wins.

Schultzy
10-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Little bit of a misnomer here -- the SJSU rb is one of the best in the country. Actually has outperformed Fournette to this point in the season against worse competition obviously. Not to say we don't have serious running game issues because we damn sure do -- but this guy was going to get his against Auburn.

Yeah this dude reminds me of Tony Dorsett.

Schultzy
10-03-2015, 04:59 PM
And a bs reversal on that TD, I don't understand replay at all, I think they the shit up as they go.

BoomBoom
10-03-2015, 05:24 PM
Yea, because Georgia and Chubb has been the equivalent to MSU and Shump in the running department this season. What's your point? You can't be one dimensional all damn season, or your defense will be on the field too much. Do you disagree? A defensive Coordinator's job is primarily to make teams one dimensional, yet you think we can do that for them and still win at a high level?

if they keep stacking the box, you damn well can be one dimensional passing it all season. Dan's offense makes teams choose what they want to under-defend. teams are choosing the pass. so pass it.

we're not good enough running it to pick up a 3rd and 3, and that's a problem, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be passing all over the field on 1st and 2nd down if they are stacking the box.

ETA: think of LSU last year. they were leaving ZERO linebackers in the middle on short-yardage plays. ZERO. usually one, but at times zero. and Dak was running that up the middle and taking advantage of it. NO ONE does that anymore. there is 2, probably 3, extra defenders up the middle against us now. this is actually one of Dan's rare early adjustments. not early enough in the LSU game unfortunately.

BoomBoom
10-03-2015, 05:31 PM
It's not that running didn't work. We aren't running correctly. Like using Ladarius Perkins up the middle all year wasn't running correctly.

I can count on one hand the number of true read-options and misdirection draws we've run this year. That has been our bread and butter in the past. Just a few of those will open up so much more and we will be able to top 20 points in an SEC game. The expectations are great, don't just settle for 8 wins.

those plays rely on OLinemen holding their blocks. they are slower developing plays. i think we need more jet sweeps and run-pass option plays. not necessarily against A&M with their speed on the edge though. read option may work well against those ends.

and draws are a terrible idea when there's a LB spying Dak every play. he'll be there to make the play every time.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 05:44 PM
So Jacksonville St and San Jose St out-gained and outscored us vs Auburn with no garbage time advantages

Auburn ****ing sucks and they had the ball with a chance to tie late last week.. Not saying just saying. We need to take the ****ing handcuffs off

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Holloway gashed their defense last year on a few big runs and I'm expecting him to do it again tonight.