PDA

View Full Version : Baseball wool for 2014.......

Goat Holder
07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Kyle Hann is hitting .354 with 2 bombs and 14 RBI through 20 games. Could be our 3rd baseman or could beat out Britton if he shows he can play middle infield, assuming somebody else grabs the 3B spot.

Robson hitting .314.

Daniel Garner is hitting .315 with 2 bombs and 32 RBI through 32 games. I like the big RBI numbers, shows they are clutch. Shaping up to be a good battle at catcher with Cody Walker, who's hitting .295 himself.

Two freshman studs in Reid Humphreys and Gavin Collins that we can over-hype for 9 months.

Paul Young is going to be a stud. Not sure how we lucked into this guy.

messageboardsuperhero
07-23-2013, 11:24 AM
We've got until February to grow wool, so I'm trying to keep mine down until then.

I think for us to compete for the SEC like we are hoping, two things need to happen: 1) Starting pitchers finally need to live up to expectations, and 2) We must find ways to scores runs without relying on a lot of extra base hits. I think #1 is much more important though, as we already showed last year when Renfroe struggled that we can still find ways to score.

A rotation of Woodruff, Lindgren, and Young looks absolutely outstanding on paper, but we just need those guys to pitch up to their potential. All those guys are possible top 5-10 round picks, and we need them to pitch like it. We know the bullpen is there, and I have a lot of faith in the defense for next year; it's time for the starters to step up and be much improved.

My expectations as of now are the same as last year: Host and win a regional. But I do know that we have the potential for more, like compete for the SEC regular season Championship and be a National Seed. We just need our starting pitching to step it up.

Goat Holder
07-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, expectations should be to host a regional. I'm expecting a Super Regional, and bottom tier expectations are just to make the post-season, so at this point yes just hosting a regional should be the realistic expectations.