PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's game...

Pokechop Womack
10-02-2015, 06:29 PM
is absolutely huge... we have a chance to get to 8-1 if we can win tomorrow... everything is on the line... what percentage chance do we have to win this game? I'll say 55%... more on the line for us and they don't win big SEC games at home

msstate7
10-02-2015, 06:35 PM
I think 55% is about right. Whoever protects their qb the best probably wins. Both teams sack the qb a lot

tireddawg
10-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Is their o-line considered to be better than ours?

engie
10-02-2015, 06:51 PM
Is their o-line considered to be better than ours?

Not this year. Well, maybe slightly. But Allen has a Tyler Russellish propensity to hold on to the football if you can confuse him. Probably single best Manny quality...

Honestly don't know what to expect...

Coach007
10-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Call me out on this Sunday if I'm wrong. Just saying....

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Call me out on this Sunday if I'm wrong. Just saying....

Ha Wut?

MSUDawg4Life
10-02-2015, 07:29 PM
I think 55% is about right also.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2015, 07:33 PM
I think State has played a tougher schedule so far and that bids well for the Dawgs.

klong-dog
10-02-2015, 07:49 PM
SDS Saturday Down South had A&M 74.+% chance of winning

msstate7
10-02-2015, 07:51 PM
SDS Saturday Down South had A&M 74.+% chance of winning

ESPN fpi is about the same

IMissJack
10-02-2015, 07:55 PM
ESPN fpi is about the same

Wasn't it about the same last year?

maroonmania
10-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Booger picked against us (as usual), so we have that going for us.

msstate7
Wasn't it about the same last year?

No idea

klong-dog
I'm all for it. We can shut it all up tomorrow night but don't be surprised, if everyone starts to say, well A&M is overrated, you could see it coming with them. Oh well, I'll take it in whatever way we can get it. Absolutely Huge game though.

RealHastings
10-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Absolutely a huge game for us! I'd say most of us and people who actually watch our games would agree that we have about a 55-65% chance to win. I want to say this game is make or break for our season but I wont, as there are still other opportunities in big games to come for us. We can still have a great season if we lose but we really need to take this one. Normally i tend to be pessimistic but this time I'm actually very confident. I think we win easily. I never bet on State. Never. Learned my lesson about betting on us years ago, but I will be betting big on us this year. We absolutely cover +7 but I'm confident we win outright.

msstate7
10-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Absolutely a huge game for us! I'd say most of us and people who actually watch our games would agree that we have about a 55-65% chance to win. I want to say this game is make or break for our season but I wont, as there are still other opportunities in big games to come for us. We can still have a great season if we lose but we really need to take this one. Normally i tend to be pessimistic but this time I'm actually very confident. I think we win easily. I never bet on State. Never. Learned my lesson about betting on us years ago, but I will be betting big on us this year. We absolutely cover +7 but I'm confident we win outright.

So you're putting a jinx on us?**

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 09:10 PM

What games have you people been watching? What have we done that makes you feel 65% confident we can go on the road and beat an undefeated Top 10-15 SEC team? Not saying it can't happen, but 65% chance? Based on what?

Some of these posts are registering on the ol trolldar

Pokechop Womack
10-02-2015, 09:32 PM
What games have you people been watching? What have we done that makes you feel 65% confident we can go on the road and beat an undefeated Top 10-15 SEC team? Not saying it can't happen, but 65% chance? Based on what?

Some of these posts are registering on the ol trolldar
First of all I said 55%.... second of all aTm has played an overrated ASU team and a bad Arkansas team... so let me ask you... what games have you been watching?

msstate7
10-02-2015, 09:32 PM
First of all I said 55%.... second of all aTm has played an overrated ASU team and a bad Arkansas team... so let me ask you... what games have you been watching?
You realize he didn't quote you, right?

Pokechop Womack
10-02-2015, 09:40 PM
You realize he didn't quote you, right?

he said "you people"...

msstate7
10-02-2015, 09:45 PM
he said "you people"...

Yes, he did. My apologies. I have a tough time with reading comprehension at times.

I agree with your point about aTm being an unproven team at this point

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 09:47 PM

And who have we beaten?

msstate7
10-02-2015, 09:51 PM
And who have we beaten?

It's not who you've beaten, but who you played close**

Personally I think we're 2 equally matched teams, so I'm going with the best qb

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Deleted

Pokechop Womack
10-02-2015, 10:35 PM
It's not who you've beaten, but who you played close**

Personally I think we're 2 equally matched teams, so I'm going with the best qb

Exactly.

sleepy dawg
10-02-2015, 10:51 PM
I'd say 50/50. It should be a good game. If it were a home game, I would give us a slight edge. Despite the recent statistics shown, Kyle Field is a tough place to play.

Todd4State
10-02-2015, 11:41 PM
I'd say 50/50. It should be a good game. If it were a home game, I would give us a slight edge. Despite the recent statistics shown, Kyle Field is a tough place to play.

I think I'm more with you on this. I'd actually say we have about a 45% chance of winning only because we are on the road and I think we have major flaws in our running game that might rear their ugly head.

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 11:49 PM

Not really..... A&M seems to always lose at Kyle Field.

shoeless joe
10-03-2015, 07:25 AM
I agree with cadaver. I have seen nothing to make me feel confident we will win. We will need a break or 2 similar to what Umiss got at bama to pull it off, maybe not 7 like they had...just 1 or 2.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-03-2015, 07:30 AM

I get what you're saying, but we have a 5th year starting QB, so being rattled is the least of my worries. Both teams can pass the ball and I think this game comes down to who can stop the run without having to bring an extra man in the box. If we can run up the middle with success, it could be a long day for that aTm defense.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-03-2015, 07:36 AM
I agree with cadaver. I have seen nothing to make me feel confident we will win. We will need a break or 2 similar to what Umiss got at bama to pull it off, maybe not 7 like they had...just 1 or 2.

I think what gives us the edge is that we will be more physical than they will. All their roster is made up of Texas kids who are soft are charmin. Hell, look at Texas.

DancingRabbit
10-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Close games often come down to turnovers. If we could manage +2 in turnover margin I think we win.

I'm nervous as always, but with Dak at the helm we'll have a good chance to come out on top.

Dawgface
10-03-2015, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I think we need some turnovers to win this game. But.....it could happen.

Schultzy
10-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Limiting YAC and hitting their qb hard early are the keys to winning this game IMO.

Drugdog
10-03-2015, 08:09 AM
I think we win. So my percentage is 100%. Makes sense to me.

Dawgtini
10-03-2015, 09:02 AM
I think we win. So my percentage is 100%. Makes sense to me.
Boom! And to add, just because ATM is ranked #14 doesn't make it true. They were ranked #6 when they came to Vegas last year. We win

Again.

msstate7
10-03-2015, 09:21 AM

2 plays separate our records being reversed....

If we make a fg at the end of lsu game, we win and we're pushing top 10.

If aTm doesn't get 2 point conversion to tie Arkansas, Arkansas wins in regulation and aTm isn't even ranked.

Now I'll give them that they made the play and we didn't. What would your perception of this game be if those 2 plays went the other way? We went on the road and beat a better team than Arkansas last week in a tougher environment than Kyle field.

Dawgfan77
10-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Last year we have up 5 miles to UAB thru the air in week two Then in week 4 a true freshmans came in almost lead lsu to a come from behind win by passing. The next week we get ATM at home and everyone says this is a turrable match up for the dawgs. What happened??? I don't think our secondary is as bad as some think I do think we are going to have to run the ball more. Which ATM is not good at stoping. We played a similar offense on the road last week against AU. Do I think we win. Hell yes am all dawg. Will we?? Don't know but I believe it will be a good game and the best player and best leader will wear 15 for us and I think Mullen is a better coach than Sumlin