PDA

View Full Version : new college football rules

FlabLoser
07-23-2013, 10:13 AM
15 yard penalty and player ejection for "targeting" (launching, leading with the crown, etc). A replay can overturn the ejection but not the penalty. Huh?!

Offenses are not allowed to snap and spike the ball with 2 seconds or less left. Instead, a play must be run. Huh?!

Next I suppose PAT's will only be allowed under 2 minutes.

Political Hack
07-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Nickoe and Quadry are in trouble.

FlabLoser
07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
If Nickoe lays out Moncrief, it will be worth it.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-23-2013, 10:48 AM
A replay can overturn the ejection but not the penalty. Huh?!

My guess is so this won't stop the game. In other words, you can review it like in basketball reviewing where a guy's toe was on the 3-point line or not during a timeout....continue the game and during the next TV timeout review the play to determine whether or not the ejection was warranted...but the penalty which may have occurred 5 minutes ago in game time still stands because it is over and done with.

FlabLoser
07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I would like to see football get rid of pylons. I have seen them be a hinderance far more times than they have helped the game.

Remember Cam Lawerence's INT of Bo Wallace in the endzone? He brought it back 50 yards, but it gets called back because his calf shaved the side of a pylon - touchback.

I supposed the front pylons are supposed to be an aid to tell if a ball crosses the goal line. No idea what the back pylons are supposed to be for. But whatever they are...all pylons are just an appendage of out of bounds territory which interferes with play on the field.

PMDawg
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I love Pylons. Nothing better than seeing an offensive guy giving great effort and reaching out to touch that pylon.

Goat Holder
07-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't see the problem with the first one. Just teach the players to keep your feet on the ground and make clean hits. Guys do get hurt when folks leave their feet and lead with their helmet.

The second one just seems lazy....it's like they are trying to resolve the refs of any liability if they f*ck up the end of games.