PDA

View Full Version : Good ESPN article on us by Alex Scarborough

Lloyd Christmas
10-02-2015, 01:56 PM
LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/107703/in-a-wild-west-why-not-mississippi-state)

Beaver
10-02-2015, 02:10 PM
"In a game driven by the quarterback position, the preseason rankings ignored one of the best QBs in the country, a Heisman Trophy candidate and the best leader this conference has seen since Tim Tebow."

Ya don't say Alex?

Thick
10-02-2015, 02:11 PM
That's called journalism. Some people in the Jackson metro area could learn from him.

BulldogBear
10-02-2015, 02:49 PM
That's called journalism. So people in the Jackson metro area could learn from him.
+1

FISHDAWG
10-02-2015, 03:49 PM
thanks for posting

Bully041184
10-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Good article. But then he predicts this about our game...

Mississippi State at Texas A&M

Why Mississippi State wins: The easy answer is Dak Prescott. And for the record, I don't get why he's not getting more pub this year. But the reason I'm taking Mississippi State is the defense. The Bulldogs are among the SEC leaders in tackles for loss and sacks, and they have one of the league's best tandems at cornerback with Will Redmond and Taveze Calhoun. The defense will keep it close, and Prescott will win it at the end. -- Greg Ostendorf

Why Texas A&M wins: If this game were in Starkville, I'd be less sure about my pick. But I'm still not sold on Mississippi State's defense. They've played well through four games, but they haven't faced a passing offense like A&M's. On the flip side, State's lack of a running game will lead to too much pressure on Prescott from Myles Garrett and Co. -- Alex Scarborough

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Good article. But then he predicts this about our game...

Mississippi State at Texas A&M

Why Mississippi State wins: The easy answer is Dak Prescott. And for the record, I don't get why he's not getting more pub this year. But the reason I'm taking Mississippi State is the defense. The Bulldogs are among the SEC leaders in tackles for loss and sacks, and they have one of the league's best tandems at cornerback with Will Redmond and Taveze Calhoun. The defense will keep it close, and Prescott will win it at the end. -- Greg Ostendorf

Why Texas A&M wins: If this game were in Starkville, I'd be less sure about my pick. But I'm still not sold on Mississippi State's defense. They've played well through four games, but they haven't faced a passing offense like A&M's. On the flip side, State's lack of a running game will lead to too much pressure on Prescott from Myles Garrett and Co. -- Alex Scarborough

I agree with Alex somewhat..... the lack of a running game may lead to their ends crashing in on every play, but it could also lead to quick screens and option plays. I'm scared about A&M's passing offense. The thought of Zach Jackson covering a slot receiver scares the shit out of me. But I was also nervous playing them last year, yet our boys did pretty well. Either way, it's going to be a hell of a game.