PDA

View Full Version : Vegas handicappers are picking us to win straight up

Jarius
10-02-2015, 12:24 PM
If any of you gamble, you may have seen this (if you pay for picks). I know of 2 different handicappers that are picking us straight up. Over 70 % of the Vegas money is on us. I think that there are some people that will have their foot squarely in their mouth after all of these preseason predictions.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2015, 12:31 PM
If any of you gamble, you may have seen this (if you pay for picks). I know of 2 different handicappers that are picking us straight up. Over 70 % of the Vegas money is on us. I think that there are some people that will have their foot squarely in their mouth after all of these preseason predictions.

I noticed the line now down to State +5.5

HancockCountyDog
10-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Im telling ya right now, we win tomorrow - we are playing the bears at 10-1 and a shot to be in the playoffs. You heard it here first.

scottycameron
10-02-2015, 12:55 PM
I noticed the line now down to State +5.5

I'm telling y'all this is not a positive sign. I'm getting a very nervous vibe now that I don't like.

TrapGame
10-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm telling y'all this is not a positive sign. I'm getting a very nervous vibe now that I don't like.

Ok, I'm not a gambler so I gotta ask. Why is this not a positive sign?

Original48
10-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Ok, I'm not a gambler so I gotta ask. Why is this not a positive sign?
The play is usually to go AGAINST who the public is betting on. If you didn't have a dog in the hunt here, the play would be A&M -5.5 because 70% of the public is taking State.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Christian Corona at 247 Sports picks State to win straight up in his upset pick of the week.

He picked us last week too.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Week-5-Expert-College-Football-Picks-39864640

scottycameron
10-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Christian Corona at 247 Sports picks State to win straight up in his upset pick of the week.

He picked us last week too.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Week-5-Expert-College-Football-Picks-39864640

OK, now I feel like I need to vomit. Y'all keep posting this crap I'll end up not even watching it tomorrow.

"Expert picks" LOL.

CarolinaDawgs
10-02-2015, 01:24 PM
The play is usually to go AGAINST who the public is betting on. If you didn't have a dog in the hunt here, the play would be A&M -5.5 because 70% of the public is taking State.

Thats a complete fallacy. The guys who truly make money gambling on sports are the guys that have systems and logarythyms that basically pick the game for them due to their years of research regardless of what the public thinks.

Jarius
10-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Vegas handicappers picking us to win straight up is an excellent sign. Vegas handicappers picking us as their "game of the week" is an even better sign. I know some of you are superstitious, and I get it......but it isn't a bad sign. It does not guarantee anything, but it is good to know that people who have been in business a very long time doing this have us as their "lock" pick this week.

HSVDawg
10-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Except it really doesn't matter either way. The game will be decided on the field. A lot of people think there is some secret algorythm or formula for setting the lines or picking which side of the spread. In actuality the bookies just want as many people betting as possible and move the line accordingly to get it split as evenly as possible to limit risk. We may win by 4 TD's or lose by 4 TD's and neither would surprise me. But it has nothing at all to do with Vegas.

DancingRabbit
10-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Except it really doesn't matter either way. The game will be decided on the field. A lot of people think there is some secret algorythm or formula for setting the lines or picking which side of the spread. In actuality the bookies just want as many people betting as possible and move the line accordingly to get it split as evenly as possible to limit risk. We may win by 4 TD's or lose by 4 TD's and neither would surprise me. But it has nothing at all to do with Vegas.

Yep

Jarius
10-02-2015, 01:35 PM
There are people that have a proven track record of winning against the spread. It's nowhere near 100 % and doesn't guarantee anything but it is good to know that people who are right more than they are wrong think that we will win. Of course the game will be decided on the field. However, it's Friday and the game isn't until tomorrow night and it is fun to talk about.

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 01:43 PM
I think Vegas is looking at the fact that A&M hasn't had a true quality win yet since ASU and Arkansas are both flops this year..... so far. We may not have had a true quality win, but we played a strong LSU team to the wire and beat Auburn at the plains. Either way, it should be a solid game with a ton of pass attempts. I'll be interested to see if they put in that mighty mouse freshmen qb that runs like a freakin gazelle.

ChevChelios
10-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Like I said in the line movement thread... i but my bet in at +225 money line... Same as I did last week against auburn, except I played the spread line amd money line.

RougeDawg
10-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Who on here actually, whole heartedly believes that we are not the better team tomorrow in College Station. If you've watched any of either team's games, there should be 0 questions in this debate. We are the better team as we have been every game this season. Conservative 1st half play calling against LSU dug us a huge hole, from which we almost dug out. Early 2014 play calling on the plains gave us a nice early lead. We once again went conservative in 2nd half, and the defense allowed Dan to coast to the finish with his play calling. I'd much rather him put it on cruise control after obtaining a large lead like last week, as opposed to tying to cruise control from opening kick and give us the LSU type games.

That game opened his eyes so I fully expect foot on the gas tomorrow against the worst defense in the west, and maybe the entire SEC. They've given up 360 a game to some pretty bad teams. We will beat their brakes off tomorrow so load it up fellas.

scottycameron
10-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Who on here actually, whole heartedly believes that we are not the better team tomorrow in College Station. If you've watched any of either team's games, there should be 0 questions in this debate. We are the better team as we have been every game this season. Conservative 1st half play calling against LSU dug us a huge hole, from which we almost dug out. Early 2014 play calling on the plains gave us a nice early lead. We once again went conservative in 2nd half, and the defense allowed Dan to coast to the finish with his play calling. I'd much rather him put it on cruise control after obtaining a large lead like last week, as opposed to tying to cruise control from opening kick and give us the LSU type games.

That game opened his eyes so I fully expect foot on the gas tomorrow against the worst defense in the west, and maybe the entire SEC. They've given up 360 a game to some pretty bad teams. We will beat their brakes off tomorrow so load it up fellas.

Hey, I got nothing against those maroon glasses, but there is a time and place for everything and when it's gambling time the glasses have no place. You never want those worlds clashing, it can get ugly. Like personal/family problems ugly.

scottycameron
10-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Thats a complete fallacy. The guys who truly make money gambling on sports are the guys that have systems and logarythyms that basically pick the game for them due to their years of research regardless of what the public thinks.

Those guys with the logarithms algorithms and biorhythms are the ones to get on. Like you say it's not 100% but its good enough to where you can basically BET ON THE GAME LIKE ITS ALREADY BEEN PLAYED

msstate7
10-02-2015, 06:12 PM
Who is Vegas handicappers?

Original48
10-04-2015, 12:12 AM
Don't gamble anymore. And will never bet against my school. But tonight was exhibit A.

scottycameron
10-04-2015, 08:55 AM
yeah, it was laid out there. Had a really bad feeling after the line move and reading the expert stuff. I just wanted to ignore it.