PDA

View Full Version : Defensive strategy vs aTm

Thick
10-02-2015, 11:03 AM
We all know that aTm love the big pass plays. Sumlin is going to spread the field with 4-5 wr sets, some 3 wr sets. They don't have a Manziel, but they do stay around 50/50 run pass. I wonder if Diaz will play a lot of dime looks with 3-2 and 4-1 looks upfront. This is the week I would put Jones on the end, and run some 3 down linemen fronts. Run 2 LB sets when they have a back in the backfield. One to cover the RB, the other can spy the QB, drop into underneath coverage or walk up on the line and rush. Diaz could also blitz off the edge depending on receiver sets. He could use 1 LB and 1 safety in the 3-2 look to have more speed to cover the RB. I would stay out of the nickel defense, stay in dime with 4 corners, 2 safeties, and disguise cover 2 the majority of the night. If played right, you prevent the big plays, and force them into dink and dunk passing game. Once in the redzone, the defense has the advantage, and might produce fg's instead of td's.

Just my thoughts, nothing more nothing less.

Leroy Jenkins
10-02-2015, 11:06 AM
https://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/diaz-msu-defense-counting-on-redzone-and-big-play-defense-vs-am/

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 11:09 AM
We all know that aTm love the big pass plays. Sumlin is going to spread the field with 4-5 wr sets, some 3 wr sets. They don't have a Manziel, but they do stay around 50/50 run pass. I wonder if Diaz will play a lot of dime looks with 3-2 and 4-1 looks upfront. This is the week I would put Jones on the end, and run some 3 down linemen fronts. Run 2 LB sets when they have a back in the backfield. One to cover the RB, the other can spy the QB, drop into underneath coverage or walk up on the line and rush. Diaz could also blitz off the edge depending on receiver sets. He could use 1 LB and 1 safety in the 3-2 look to have more speed to cover the RB. I would stay out of the nickel defense, stay in dime with 4 corners, 2 safeties, and disguise cover 2 the majority of the night. If played right, you prevent the big plays, and force them into dink and dunk passing game. Once in the redzone, the defense has the advantage, and might produce fg's instead of td's.

Just my thoughts, nothing more nothing less.

I believe my signature describes our defensive strategy against A&M.....

mparkerfd20
10-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I believe my signature describes our defensive strategy against A&M.....

Slippery and loose?

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Slippery and loose?

Exactly!