PDA

View Full Version : Big game

msstate7
10-02-2015, 06:27 AM
A win tomorrow night would be a huge step for our program. Although we've won 16 of our last 20 games, most of the country looks at our program as a middle to bottom tier sec program. A win tomorrow night solidifies us a top 15 team and gives us a very good chance to get to 8-1 for the bama game at home. If we want be more than an after thought in the sec, this is a game we need to win. I think we get it done and we set up the bama game as our mulligan from last year. Hail state!

BulldogtheMS
10-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Agree 100%... This is a hindge game for us. A win here and we are gonna be rolling right back to the top. I won't even consider a loss...

Coach34
10-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Yep- this game is huge for our season and our program. Got to find a way.

Rally round the Family, with a pocket full of shells

Cartman1
10-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Must Win

Lloyd Christmas
10-02-2015, 08:14 AM
I somewhat agree. Last year went a long way towards shifting our perception. This game is key in maintaining it, and proving we aren't just a flash in the pan (which I think is what you mean)

engie
10-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Yep, we win that, and the season shifts into our favor and should put the floor at 9-3 -- and to be 9-3, we'd have to lose all 3 big home games at Davis Wade, which I don't see happening.

Lose tomorrow, and perception will be that last year was a flash in the pan, and this is just another average Mullen MSU team, which hasn't looked far from true on the field. But I see the defense improving week to week and think if we can survive this one, we can fix the running game before we are really challenged again.

Bubb Rubb
10-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Yep, we win that, and the season shifts into our favor and should put the floor at 9-3 -- and to be 9-3, we'd have to lose all 3 big home games at Davis Wade, which I don't see happening.

Lose tomorrow, and perception will be that last year was a flash in the pan, and this is just another average Mullen MSU team, which hasn't looked far from true on the field. But I see the defense improving week to week and think if we can survive this one, we can fix the running game before we are really challenged again.

Nothing would please my soul more than to get to the Egg Bowl at 10-1. The atmosphere would be incredible.

BulldogBear
10-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Nothing would please my soul more than to get to the Egg Bowl at 10-1. The atmosphere would be incredible.

I've been quietly saying to a few folks that if we win tomorrow, I think that's exactly what happens.

Lloyd Christmas
10-02-2015, 09:53 AM
I've been quietly saying to a few folks that if we win tomorrow, I think that's exactly what happens.

If that happens hopefully we don't royally f**k it up this time.

QuadrupleOption
10-02-2015, 09:58 AM
A win tomorrow night would be a huge step for our program. Although we've won 16 of our last 20 games, most of the country looks at our program as a middle to bottom tier sec program. A win tomorrow night solidifies us a top 15 team and gives us a very good chance to get to 8-1 for the bama game at home. If we want be more than an after thought in the sec, this is a game we need to win. I think we get it done and we set up the bama game as our mulligan from last year. Hail state!

Hell they're ALL big games.

But winning this weekend isn't going to change a damn thing to the Barrett Sallees of the world, I can promise you that. We're like the Missouri of the SEC West.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Hell they're ALL big games.

But winning this weekend isn't going to change a damn thing to the Barrett Sallees of the world, I can promise you that. We're like the Missouri of the SEC West.

Pretty funny,

Here are Barrett Sallee's predictions for MSU since 2012

BS's 2012 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...andings/page/3
Prediction: 6-6 overall, 2-6 in SEC, 6th in West
Actual Finish: 8-5 (4-4)

BS's 2013 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ictions/page/6
Prediction: 5-7 overall, 1-7 in SEC, 7th in West
Actual Finish: 7-5 (3-5)

BS's 2014 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-2014/page/3
Prediction: 7-5 overall 3-5 in SEC, 6th in West
Actual Finish: 10-2 (6-2)

And finally, BS's 2015 predictions
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ry-team/page/9
Prediction: 6-6 overall, 2-6 in SEC, 7th in West

These guys have no ability to evaluate MSU, & knowingly continually underrate them.

I think much of this stems from their misunderstanding of the importance QB position. Every year, at least one SEC West team will bottom out due to poor QB play, so, as long as Mullen is here & he continues develop competent QBs, MSU will not finish last.

CJDAWG85
10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Our schedule sets up perfectly with a win tomorrow. 5 of the last 7 at home. 2 road games are Mizzou and Arkansas. Should win both of those after watching those teams so far. Alabama, Arkansas, and TSUN games are all the week after they play LSU. It's the perfect storm.

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm extremely pessimistic of our chances to win tomorrow. That being said, if we pull it out, Watch the Hell out! We may take this Division.

That LSU game makes me sick. This game wouldn't be nearly as "must win". I'm still not over that one.

blacklistedbully
10-02-2015, 10:43 AM
I'm extremely pessimistic of our chances to win tomorrow. That being said, if we pull it out, Watch the Hell out! We may take this Division.

That LSU game makes me sick. This game wouldn't be nearly as "must win". I'm still not over that one.

For my sanity's sake, I hope we don't end up in a 2-way tie with LSU for the West. If we lose a shot at the SECCG and the accompanying shot at the NC because we took an unnecessary delay-of-game penalty, and trotted Bell out there instead of Graves, I'm gonna lose it.

msstate7
10-02-2015, 11:08 AM
For my sanity's sake, I hope we don't end up in a 2-way tie with LSU for the West. If we lose a shot at the SECCG and the accompanying shot at the NC because we took an unnecessary delay-of-game penalty, and trotted Bell out there instead of Graves, I'm gonna lose it.

Rebs say we could still hang a banner**

RocketCityDawg
10-02-2015, 11:23 AM
I feel good about tomorrow. I feel like we will have a good plan on both sides of the ball. Big game definitely. Time for us to take this one.

SignalToNoise
10-02-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm nervous about this one but I also feel like Texas A&M is getting a lot of love for no reason, like last year after beating up on a spectacularly average South Carolina team.

That Arizona State team they beat was housed by USC last week as A&M and Arkansas were going into OT. Now I'm not saying that Texas A&M sux and we'll go in there and destroy them, I'm just curious as to how good they really are.

It's a winnable game for us and hope we are able to get things going early like we did against Auburn.

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 11:43 AM

I completely agree. I'd feel a lot more confident if we could just RTGDF.

justwin
10-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Pretty funny,

Here are Barrett Sallee's predictions for MSU since 2012

BS's 2012 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...andings/page/3
Prediction: 6-6 overall, 2-6 in SEC, 6th in West
Actual Finish: 8-5 (4-4)

BS's 2013 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ictions/page/6
Prediction: 5-7 overall, 1-7 in SEC, 7th in West
Actual Finish: 7-5 (3-5)

BS's 2014 predictions for MSU
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...in-2014/page/3
Prediction: 7-5 overall 3-5 in SEC, 6th in West
Actual Finish: 10-2 (6-2)

And finally, BS's 2015 predictions
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ry-team/page/9
Prediction: 6-6 overall, 2-6 in SEC, 7th in West

These guys have no ability to evaluate MSU, & knowingly continually underrate them.

I think much of this stems from their misunderstanding of the importance QB position. Every year, at least one SEC West team will bottom out due to poor QB play, so, as long as Mullen is here & he continues develop competent QBs, MSU will not finish last.

conversely, his Aub predictions compared to results?

IMissJack
10-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Heading into the EB 9-2 and beating the bears wouldn't be too shabby either...

thunderclap
10-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I completely agree. I'd feel a lot more confident if we could just RTGDF.

Me too. But like everybody else this would be a giant step in the season if we can pull it out.