PDA

View Full Version : Will James?

Dawg61
10-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Did he just get banned 3 times since we beat Auburn? Is that a new record? It's Thursday

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Did he just get banned 3 times since we beat Auburn? Is that a new record? It's Thursday
I am sure Goat did that at some point, but impressive none the less.

War Machine Dawg
10-01-2015, 09:43 PM
ISID has a hard on for Will. He can be a bit over the top sometimes, but he's no worse than than several others around here. He's certainly no Goat, at any rate.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Will James hasn't been here in a long time.

War Machine Dawg
10-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Will James hasn't been here in a long time.

^^^My point exactly. Childish.
http://i.imgur.com/Lpl84MC.jpg

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 10:15 PM

So what? Listen man if you hate it that much go ****ing pimp your shit somewhere else. I do childish shit. I do mean shit. It's a message board so what. I'm also part of a board and make decisions that have positive effect on a lot of people thru charity. So don't act like for one second you ****ing know me because of a message board. You might be a great guy and I won't judge you because of a message board. But I could give a **** if you do because your message board persona sucks.

ScoobaDawg
10-01-2015, 10:19 PM

He wasn't the one tired of him. He was as bad as Goat.
Dont worry he will have another username in about 6 hours Im sure.

Dallas_Dawg
10-01-2015, 10:26 PM
<insert WMD's tired GIF of the Joker eating popcorn>

Homedawg
10-01-2015, 10:35 PM
ISID has a hard on for Will. He can be a bit over the top sometimes, but he's no worse than than several others around here. He's certainly no Goat, at any rate.

No, he was way worse than goat......

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-01-2015, 10:45 PM

He is in a better place

Valhalla awaits. Shiney and chrome.
Live, die, then live again.

engie
10-01-2015, 10:59 PM

Yep

Rayburn8
10-01-2015, 11:51 PM

He was worse.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2015, 12:03 AM
So what? Listen man if you hate it that much go ****ing pimp your shit somewhere else. I do childish shit. I do mean shit. It's a message board so what. I'm also part of a board and make decisions that have positive effect on a lot of people thru charity. So don't act like for one second you ****ing know me because of a message board. You might be a great guy and I won't judge you because of a message board. But I could give a **** if you do because your message board persona sucks.

Way to overreact.
http://i.imgur.com/RGt7lRD.gif

BulldogBear
10-02-2015, 12:24 AM
WJ's personas are relieved quicker than commanders of the Army of the Potomac.

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2015, 12:42 AM
WJ's personas are relieved quicker than commanders of the Army of the Potomac.

They have the life expectancy of an Admiral in charge of Vader's fleet.

I seen it dawg
10-02-2015, 05:29 AM
Way to overreact.
http://i.imgur.com/RGt7lRD.gif

That wasn't an overreaction....

Cartman1
10-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Yep, banned for comparing this year's team look to our 2012 squad. Didn't pump enough sunshine I suppose. And then banned just for resigning up. That's what this board has become I guess.

The posts that were deemed to be a bannable offense, and then no longer allowed to even sign up.

Tyler Russell playbook
Playing a worse RB over the beasts
Finesse, soft, bend don't break
Beat the shitty teams, lose to the ones with a pulse
8-4 yayyyyyyyy
KILLED in Jacksonville

99 yards.
That's our rushing total in TWO SEC games combined.

2012 Alabama - 47 yards
2012 Texas A&M - 99 yards
2012 LSU - 47 yards
2012 Northern Miss - 30 yards

2015 LSU - 43 yards
2015 Auburn - 56 yards

Cartman1
10-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Yep

Still upset that you proved way off on our slugging % I guess and my rate of increase was spot on.

Really Clark?
10-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Do you choose Cartman because you like the show or because he most accurately portray's your true personality?

engie
10-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Still upset that you proved way off on our slugging % I guess and my rate of increase was spot on.

Except the part where I was right and you were wrong, but you won't be here long enough to argue it anyway.

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Finally! This is the type of amusement we haven't had here in a while.

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 10:42 AM
See, it's entertaining having Will around. It takes all types to make a messageboard great.....and nothing beats a Will vs Engie/Todd/Iseen/etc argument. I've said it before and I'll say it again....he can be a dipshit, but he's #OURdipshit.

Coach34
10-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I dont care either way- but the WJ/Cartmen/Smitty guy did the best C34 impersonation on the Wake Forest board back in 2011. It was so good I couldnt even be mad. I had to actually check and make sure I didnt black out one night and type it myself.

You're anti-bunting stance reaches ridiculous levels- and I hate bunting myself- but the impersonation will live on

engie
10-02-2015, 11:26 AM
See, it's entertaining having Will around. It takes all types to make a messageboard great.....and nothing beats a Will vs Engie/Todd/Iseen/etc argument. I've said it before and I'll say it again....he can be a dipshit, but he's #OURdipshit.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't find arguing with him at all enjoyable. I don't enjoy his baseball posts because I don't think he knows what he's talking about. He's gotten more mileage out of a bunting thing that several of us were already calling out on sps for a number of years before will James read moneyball and decided he was an expert on the topic.

Granted I can go for the jugular in arguments -- but I don't have a problem circling back and calling myself an idiot when I'm wrong. When has he ever done that? Hell, as far as I know he's still sticking by the "2 strike sit curve and adjust to fastball" laugher he put out there confirming he didn't play the game even at lower levels.

To me -- Anyone who can't admit when hindsight proves them wrong -- isn't worth debating in the first place. That's not a debate, that's a trolling.

SignalToNoise
10-02-2015, 11:30 AM
To me -- Anyone who can't admit when hindsight proves them wrong -- isn't worth debating in the first place. That's not a debate, that's a trolling.

Yeah I agree with this. We all make pretty bold statements and assertions- it's the nature of message boards. Just own up to it if you get it wrong.

RocketCityDawg
10-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Hell, as far as I know he's still sticking by the "2 strike sit curve and adjust to fastball" laugher he put out there confirming he didn't play the game even at lower levels.

That was by far the dumbest thing he's ever said, and that's saying something because he spews a lot of dumbness.

Homedawg
10-02-2015, 11:59 AM
That was by far the dumbest thing he's ever said, and that's saying something because he spews a lot of dumbness.

Haha. Here here. So true.

MSUDawg4Life
10-02-2015, 12:16 PM
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't find arguing with him at all enjoyable. I don't enjoy his baseball posts because I don't think he knows what he's talking about. He's gotten more mileage out of a bunting thing that several of us were already calling out on sps for a number of years before will James read moneyball and decided he was an expert on the topic.

Granted I can go for the jugular in arguments -- but I don't have a problem circling back and calling myself an idiot when I'm wrong. When has he ever done that? Hell, as far as I know he's still sticking by the "2 strike sit curve and adjust to fastball" laugher he put out there confirming he didn't play the game even at lower levels.

So ... are you admitting to trolling for the past ten years? Because that's the most annoying thing about you. Being a know-it-all who refuses to admit when you're wrong about anything.

engie
10-02-2015, 12:28 PM
So ... are you admitting to trolling for the past ten years? Because that's the most annoying thing about you. Being a know-it-all who refuses to admit when you're wrong about anything.

I'd say that is what's most annoying about you -- but what's most annoying about you is thar your whole persona is following me around like a petulent child. Nevermind that there are numerous threads on this very board where I've called myself a dumb ass and told other members they were right about stuff. Anyone who doesn't have their panties in a permanent wad in regards to me can attest to such things. It's arguably the single most likely thing for me to actually start a thread about here. But, not surprisingly, you glanced right over all those in order to persist with your straw man ideal of my actual viewpoints and persona.

preachermatt83
10-02-2015, 02:00 PM

Engie and I have had numerous disagreements (most of which I were right on haha) but I have to give it to him, he has always owned it and for that I respect him.

preachermatt83
10-02-2015, 02:00 PM

This^^

Taog Redloh
10-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I am sure Goat did that at some point, but impressive none the less.

He wasn't the one tired of him. He was as bad as Goat.
Dont worry he will have another username in about 6 hours Im sure.
Hey now, is this any way to talk about a legend?

Homedawg, Engie, thanks for the support (somewhat). I guess this thread is as good as any to resurface. I'm back, bitches!

BrunswickDawg
10-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Hey now, is this any way to talk about a legend?

Homedawg, Engie, thanks for the support (somewhat). I guess this thread is as good as any to resurface. I'm back, bitches!

Damn! We forgot, and said his name 3 times.

Taog Redloh
10-02-2015, 05:11 PM

+1

BulldogBear
10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

I don't think it works like Beetlejuice....

CadaverDawg
10-02-2015, 05:31 PM

That's funny

defiantdog
10-02-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't think it works like Beetlejuice....

In this case, I think it did

War Machine Dawg
10-02-2015, 05:41 PM
In this case, I think it did

Unfortunately...

somebodyshotmypaw
10-02-2015, 06:15 PM
I don't enjoy his baseball posts because I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

To me -- Anyone who can't admit when hindsight proves them wrong -- isn't worth debating in the first place.

First off, I assure you Will James has no fricking clue what he is talking about in baseball.

Second off, my biggest beef is he can't man up and admit when he is wrong. We all miss some here and there. You man up, admit you blew it, and move on. Not Will James. He bitched about Cohen not playing Trey Porter WHEN PORTER WAS DAMN NEAR FRICKING BLIND WITH AN EYE HEALTH ISSUE. Will was told straight up what was going on with Porter's health, but wouldn't believe it. When word came out he was wrong, he continued to belittle and trash the name of the very m'fer who gave him the accurate intel. Screw him.

Todd4State
10-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Except the part where I was right and you were wrong, but you won't be here long enough to argue it anyway.

I can't believe that he argued that he was actually right about that. Actually yes I can.

Todd4State
10-02-2015, 06:41 PM
First off, I assure you Will James has no fricking clue what he is talking about in baseball.

Second off, my biggest beef is he can't man up and admit when he is wrong. We all miss some here and there. You man up, admit you blew it, and move on. Not Will James. He bitched about Cohen not playing Trey Porter WHEN PORTER WAS DAMN NEAR FRICKING BLIND WITH AN EYE HEALTH ISSUE. Will was told straight up what was going on with Porter's health, but wouldn't believe it. When word came out he was wrong, he continued to belittle and trash the name of the very m'fer who gave him the accurate intel. Screw him.

The worst part is he never learns. It's like he just watched Moneyball one day and thought that was how you play baseball.

For example- if someone like Robson bunted he would consider that a dumb play despite Robson's overall skill set.

engie
10-02-2015, 06:47 PM
The worst part is he never learns. It's like he just watched Moneyball one day and thought that was how you play baseball.

For example- if someone like Robson bunted he would consider that a dumb play despite Robson's overall skill set.

Agreed... I can honestly say baseball posting here was miserable last season. The quality of poster was way down. The dumpster fire certainly didn't help anything in that regard either.

Think this year will be better simply by the virtue that everyone is in agreement that we need to get it done and what it is we need to get done...

somebodyshotmypaw
10-02-2015, 08:09 PM

Good point Todd. And he doesn't understand what the stats really mean and how to use them. Let's say John Doe bunts in the first inning with the bases empty and is thrown out. In the fourth inning John Doe comes to bat with a runner on first and swings away and hits a grounder down the third baseline for a double into the corner. It scored the man who was standing on first. Stats show John Doe being 0 for 1 when bunting and 1 for 1 with an RBI when swinging away. However, what the stats won't show is that the third baseman in the fourth inning moved up several steps because of the threat of a bunt. That allowed the hard grounder to go down the baseline past him for a double. Had the third baseman not been fearful of the bunt threat, he would have played back and fielded the grounder for a 5-4-3 double play. So the bunt threat helped the whole offense. Kinda like a QB throwing a deep ball sometimes to loosen up the secondary and open the short stuff. The deep ball can help open up the short game even if the deep ball was incomplete. The secondary has to respect the threat.

It's about understanding the game and how it is played and the strategies within the game. I know you understand it Todd, because you take baseball seriously. Will has tunnel vision and can't see the big picture.

Todd4State
10-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Good point Todd. And he doesn't understand what the stats really mean and how to use them. Let's say John Doe bunts in the first inning with the bases empty and is thrown out. In the fourth inning John Doe comes to bat with a runner on first and swings away and hits a grounder down the third baseline for a double into the corner. It scored the man who was standing on first. Stats show John Doe being 0 for 1 when bunting and 1 for 1 with an RBI when swinging away. However, what the stats won't show is that the third baseman in the fourth inning moved up several steps because of the threat of a bunt. That allowed the hard grounder to go down the baseline past him for a double. Had the third baseman not been fearful of the bunt threat, he would have played back and fielded the grounder for a 5-4-3 double play. So the bunt threat helped the whole offense. Kinda like a QB throwing a deep ball sometimes to loosen up the secondary and open the short stuff. The deep ball can help open up the short game even if the deep ball was incomplete. The secondary has to respect the threat.

It's about understanding the game and how it is played and the strategies within the game. I know you understand it Todd, because you take baseball seriously. Will has tunnel vision and can't see the big picture.

Please post more often. You are exactly right- and I have tried to explain it to no avail. I know it doesn't do any good- but I can't let it slide.

engie
10-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Please post more often. You are exactly right- and I have tried to explain it to no avail. I know it doesn't do any good- but I can't let it slide.

That really does explain the essence of your viewpoint as well as it can be applied...

Thing is I think you, I, and everyone else agrees we bunt too much and don't quite maximize potential benefit of it.... Some of the situational stuff drives us all crazy. It's just hard to have honest dialogue about it when you've got will and any(however temporary) cronies constantly flipping out about it and beating a drum that I agree in probably 40% of their flip outs does not need to be beaten. So many layers that he doesn't understand that make the dialogue ring hollow

Aces High
10-03-2015, 12:14 AM

Best post Ive ever seen on forum

Aces High
10-03-2015, 12:20 AM
WJ is awful. He is like his idol, ted cruz.

Just bc you THINK you are smart and NOBODY agrees with you, doesnt make you some a beautiful mind, outside the box genius. It makes you an idiot. When literally NOBODY agrees with you, well, nevermind.

Todd4State
10-03-2015, 01:44 AM
That really does explain the essence of your viewpoint as well as it can be applied...

Thing is I think you, I, and everyone else agrees we bunt too much and don't quite maximize potential benefit of it.... Some of the situational stuff drives us all crazy. It's just hard to have honest dialogue about it when you've got will and any(however temporary) cronies constantly flipping out about it and beating a drum that I agree in probably 40% of their flip outs does not need to be beaten. So many layers that he doesn't understand that make the dialogue ring hollow

I agree that we don't maximize the benefit from it because of our lack of team power. I have long preached balance- guys like Robson that can bunt and get on and then followed up with some guys like Connor Powers who can take advantage of the pressure caused by speed in the form of extra base hits which leads to runs. Which is why I flipped out a little bit on Cohen before we signed Barfield around MLB draft time for signing draft risks such as Riley and Pickett without bringing in any Brent Rooker types to offset any potential loss. I will say in hindsight I may have misevaluated Stovall, Alexander, and Marrero's power potential as well based on their fall performances- plus I did not know that we were going to bring in the fences again.

I would also like to see us steal more bases as a team as well. Very simple way to create pressure if you have players that know how to run the bases well- and it's something that a lot of aggressive players like to do.

I grew up watching the Cardinals of the 80's when they were the poster boys for small ball. And it frustrated the hell out of me because there were times when the Cardinals would get completely overpowered by a good pitcher. I just felt like hitting a home run was completely out the window. Now, even then I did understand WHY Herzog did it- huge ballpark, lots of players that could run, and I certainly appreciated what the Cardinals could do at times with pressure. But there was always the thought in my mind- "how much better would this be if you had three more guys to go along with Jack Clark?" I was actually very happy when Herzog left- even though he was a great manager. I was ecstatic when they hired LaRussa because he and I agreed on a lot of things from a philosophical standpoint- and it was really cool to see someone with a similar philosophy take things that I thought would work and lead the franchise to one of their better eras in team history with that philosophy. (Even though I had nothing to do with it)

So, I don't really like small ball as an all out offensive strategy. At the same time, I also think it's a huge mistake to not use elements of it- especially if you have players that have speed as a strength. And I certainly believe that by not using speed you can cost yourself outs or at the very least make it more difficult for yourself as somebodyshotmypaw illustrated. Baseball is not played on a spreadsheet- and because of that there are always going to be variables that are "hidden".

ckDOG
10-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Will is an idiot. I'm smart enough to ignore his dumb ass.

Schultzy
10-03-2015, 07:03 AM
Bunting a lead off double to third has just about driven me crazy. Maybe his decision to bring the fences in is a sign he is moving away from his over use of the small ball.

Cartman1
10-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Bunting a lead off double to third has just about driven me crazy. Maybe his decision to bring the fences in is a sign he is moving away from his over use of the small ball.

You just don't know the game*

That bunt means that the infield will shift later in the 7th allowing for the Texas Leaguer to fall in don't you know. It's okay to shit on the expected runs in order to set up the late game Texas Leaguer.

After last years abortion it's out up or shut up time for John. It's well agreed that our starting pitching should be near the top of the league. It's well agreed that our hitting will be vastly improved. This is NOT a barely get in as a 3 seed = successful season. Put up or shut up. No more excuses John.

shoeless joe
10-03-2015, 07:41 AM

That bunt means that the infield will shift later in the 7th allowing for the Texas Leaguer to fall in don't you know. It's okay to shit on the expected runs in order to set up the late game Texas Leaguer.

After last years abortion it's out up or shut up time for John. It's well agreed that our starting pitching should be near the top of the league. It's well agreed that our hitting will be vastly improved. This is NOT a barely get in as a 3 seed = successful season. Put up or shut up. No more excuses John.

I agree that we have to be MUCH improved this year...but where in the hell did you get that our starting pitching should be tops in the league? I hope you're rite but I'm not gonna bet on a couple guys that have never started an SEC game , another who was sink or swim last year, and whoever else we have that's never started...or a freshman. I hope we have one of the best and I expect improvement but I feel that statement is a set up to bash Cohen when it doesn't come to fruition.

Cartman1
10-03-2015, 07:47 AM
I agree that we have to be MUCH improved this year...but where in the hell did you get that our starting pitching should be tops in the league? I hope you're rite but I'm not gonna bet on a couple guys that have never started an SEC game , another who was sink or swim last year, and whoever else we have that's never started...or a freshman. I hope we have one of the best and I expect improvement but I feel that statement is a set up to bash Cohen when it doesn't come to fruition.

Sexton Hudson Tatum Houston and Daniel Brown are all juniors. If we aren't drastically improved here, especially after their summer, we need to clean house.

Significant improvement all around is required. We just finished last in the SEC in BASEBALL. Completely unacceptable here. We are not a bottom feeder.

Really Clark?
10-03-2015, 08:04 AM

It's posts like this that's so annoying. That wasn't what they were saying and both posted that in the overall sense we bunted way way too much. You ignore all of that for an agenda that has holes. Just like the post you responded to and you keeping on and on about expected run totals. That's a situational decision where bunting someone to third might be the right play. The expected run total of a runner on second with no outs and a runner on third with 1 out is close enough that situationally it makes sense late in games, even early in a big game maybe. Your just so hardline and annoying with your absolutes. There are no absolutes in the game. To spell it out for you so you don't take something else out of context, I'm not saying that you bunt in that situation all time, most of the time, or even half of the time. It's a situational call that makes sense in spots.

shoeless joe
10-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Sexton Hudson Tatum Houston and Daniel Brown are all juniors. If we aren't drastically improved here, especially after their summer, we need to clean house.

Significant improvement all around is required. We just finished last in the SEC in BASEBALL. Completely unacceptable here. We are not a bottom feeder.

All you did was list players and their class...the exact thing you've ragged another poster about repeatedly.

We should be improved...I don't expect tops in the league but would dang sure take it. If everything stays the same and we have a competent pen we're easily a 2 seed, add some offense and no tellin how good we could be.

Dawg61
10-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Lol make that four times

ScoobaDawg
10-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Lol make that four times

you missed two others this week.

Dawg61
10-03-2015, 11:27 AM
you missed two others this week.

Six times since we beat Auburn? Good gawd

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Six times since we beat Auburn? Good gawd

Yep, another board goes the way of mods overcompensating. Sad because this started as a great board. Way to go Scooba.

Banned "because it's funny". Yep GenesPage has a new name: EliteDawgs

Really Clark?
10-03-2015, 12:24 PM
You don't get banned for a negative opinion many have those on here, you get banned for being annoying with an agenda.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 12:29 PM
You don't get banned for a negative opinion many have those on here, you get banned for being annoying with an agenda.

Wrong I get banned "just because it's funny". Mods out of control is killing the reputation around here

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm not gonna lie...it fired me up to see this place rally around a family membe

We learned that there is a strong bond among the regular posters

Yep, time for the mods to realize their actions will lead to the same results as other boards with out of control mods

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?35229-One-thing-the-Moderators-can-be-proud-of-after-the-Bo-Bound-situation&highlight=jack+lambert

Editing TBone's posts after banning him.. Banning me multiple times just for showing up.. The whole Bo Bounds way out of line attack on thick and then circling the wagons around Bo shutting down all negative opinions about his comments.

Bad week for this board's reputation as the open discussion place to go for sure.. Good job Scooba.

Really Clark?
10-03-2015, 12:32 PM
Wrong I get banned "just because it's funny". Mods out of control is killing the reputation around here

See my other post in the thread you started.

MabenMaroon
10-03-2015, 01:10 PM
My Astros don't bunt!

engie
10-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Amazing the rest of us can continue to disagree to the most ridiculous levels possible while cussing each other -- and never even get warned. I think it's hilarious that you are such a self-important douche that you truly believe you move the needle whatsoever... Much less in that banning you "hurts the board reputation"... Where are you finding this consensus? Sps where you also can't post?

War Machine Dawg
10-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Amazing the rest of us can continue to disagree to the most ridiculous levels possible while cussing each other -- and never even get warned. I think it's hilarious that you are such a self-important douche that you truly believe you move the needle whatsoever... Much less in that banning you "hurts the board reputation"... Where are you finding this consensus? Sps where you also can't post?

Nailed it.