PDA

View Full Version : Line down to -6.5 aTm, with 71% of bets going to State according to Odds Shark

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 01:59 PM
I guess a lot of the bets could have come in when the line was at -7 or -7.5 but a little surprised at that high a percentage betting State.

shannondawg
10-01-2015, 02:18 PM
If I was a betting man, my money would be on us, even if the line was a pik em. Just feeling real good about this game, as I have confidence in Mullen to figure out how to negate those pass rushers to give Dak time to throw, We are lot better off having Shump in the backfield blocking than we would having Jrob back there.

Got confidence in Manny putting our guys in position to not allow the big plays that TAMU has made their living this year.

No way am I a football guru, but its how I feel about the game.

Homedawg
10-01-2015, 02:20 PM
That means the shark money is on the Aggies.

MafiaDawg
10-01-2015, 02:38 PM
That's not necessarily the case

basedog
10-01-2015, 02:44 PM
If I was a betting man, my money would be on us, even if the line was a pik em. Just feeling real good about this game, as I have confidence in Mullen to figure out how to negate those pass rushers to give Dak time to throw, We are lot better off having Shump in the backfield blocking than we would having Jrob back there.

Got confidence in Manny putting our guys in position to not allow the big plays that TAMU has made their living this year.

No way am I a football guru, but its how I feel about the game.

I sorta agree, I'm not completely sold on who they have beaten. IF we stop the big play and give Dak time to pass we should win. I like our special teams.

Coach34
10-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Comes down to how much they hurt us from the slot position- and how much damage their DE's do. If we control those 2 pretty well- we'll win

shannondawg
10-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Thats exactly the reason I ain't a betting man.

That means the shark money is on the Aggies.

And to Coach34, thats exactly what I would have said if I was a guru.

defiantdog
10-01-2015, 03:06 PM
I sorta agree, I'm not completely sold on who they have beaten. IF we stop the big play and give Dak time to pass we should win. I like our special teams.

Don't expect Dak to sit back and pass the ball much in this game. This is going to be about quick drops and screens. The slip pass to the slot and WR screen will be utilized for our running game. Our biggest concern, as Coach34 said, is to limit their slot receivers on defense. I am afraid Jackson will be covering a lot of slot on Saturday, so hopefully their QB doesn't see this exposure like we all know we will.

scottycameron
10-01-2015, 03:43 PM
line drop is a bad sign. Johnny public is hitting us 71% - not good. Should swing back a little with the line under the magic number 7.

msstate7
10-01-2015, 03:47 PM
line drop is a bad sign. Johnny public is hitting us 71% - not good. Should swing back a little with the line under the magic number 7.

What % of public bet on us last week?

scottycameron
10-01-2015, 04:06 PM

??? can't remember what the line did leading up to game. Did it drop or climb thurs-sat?

basedog
10-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Don't expect Dak to sit back and pass the ball much in this game. This is going to be about quick drops and screens. The slip pass to the slot and WR screen will be utilized for our running game. Our biggest concern, as Coach34 said, is to limit their slot receivers on defense. I am afraid Jackson will be covering a lot of slot on Saturday, so hopefully their QB doesn't see this exposure like we all know we will.

Oh I agree, but still again we have to protect him even in the short throws. Also I see whoever is able to get the "big plays" as JWS says "is a big plus"! I can see Redmond covering the slots also.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 04:55 PM

It was 50/50 all week.

Fri or Sat. it went to 51% MSU

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 05:00 PM

Bad sign for Bulldog gamblers, or bad sign for the Bulldogs winning? I'm sure those betting on the Dawgs would like to get it at aTm -7.5 or better.

Not a gambler, but have assumed the line moving in our direction, especially late-week was a hopeful sign for Bulldog fans.

scottycameron
10-01-2015, 05:12 PM
it means people are betting on MSU, which usually means they are a bad bet. But not always. And 71% is not that high.

ChevChelios
10-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Well, I took the money line +225.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 05:22 PM
it means people are betting on MSU, which usually means they are a bad bet. But not always. And 71% is not that high.

That sounds kinda like a Yogi-ism. "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore, it's always too crowded."

Bucky Dog
10-01-2015, 10:17 PM
ESPN just said AnM is 0-5 at home versus ranked teams under Sumlin. Let's make sure that sticks in their heads.

scottycameron
10-02-2015, 11:24 AM
That sounds kinda like a Yogi-ism. "Nobody goes to that restaurant anymore, it's always too crowded."

Not a yogi-ism at all. More people bet on losers. You'll realize this more and more the older you get. The majority of folks are almost always wrong, not just about sports, but about everything. It's in the underlying nature of mankind. There is some sort of evolutionary advantage to it, apparently.
You could make a little cash using this site alone if you wanted to (it would help to add more data but this might work). Get a consensus of what bet everybody on here LOVES. (Don't use emotional games - MSU or OM or games that affect either, that ruins the data). If you get a really strong consensus of a "lock" you'll hit the opposite way at a very high percentage. It's mandatory that the folks you're polling don't know what's going on though.