PDA

View Full Version : TD Moton

It_Could_Happen
10-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Just tweeted he'll be enrolled at Texas A&M?

FISHDAWG
10-01-2015, 12:49 PM
????? link please

Ifyouonlyknew
10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Can't lie that's a shocker.

Thompson92
https://twitter.com/__moton/status/649641067436879872

Wade Garrett
TD Moton ‏@__moton 4m4 minutes ago
Just got off the phone with #TexasA&M #gigem ill be enrolled ..Playing on the dline with @DaylonMack ..and playing with my bro @donlwilson6

BulldogDX55
10-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Man, after all the work the staff put in to try to get him eligible, and announcing it right before we play A&M. That's pretty messed up.

It_Could_Happen
10-01-2015, 12:53 PM
This one came out of left field.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-01-2015, 12:55 PM
WTF...please tell me we didn't waste an enormous amount of time and energy to get him eligible. If we stood with him and helped him get eligible to only see him switch to aTm, then **** that guy! There has to be some tampering from aTm. We can't afford to lose DT's!

mstatefan91
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Is he going to be enrolled in the spring? If so... f*ck. If not... we still have a shot

BeastMan
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
El oh el

GreenheadDawg
10-01-2015, 12:59 PM
What a douchebag

defiantdog
10-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Just tweeted he'll be enrolled at Texas A&M?

The dude bounces around as many schools as my ex wife hitting up bars when it's my week with the kids. He'll probably be enrolling at SMU this time next year.

Tripp McNeely
10-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Jeffrey Simmons
Raekwon Davis
Kobe Jones
Emmitt Gooden
Outside shot at Derrick Brown

...well live

Crystal Balls
10-01-2015, 01:16 PM
https://twitter.com/__moton/status/649641067436879872

Must have taken it down.

thf24
10-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Must have taken it down.

Something really fishy going on here... this is just too bizarre, especially to have happened when it did.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely want the guy given his potential and our questionable DT depth going forward, but all the twists and turns of his recruitment make me really question whether or not he's ever going to end up in school anywhere.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Everybody just be patient on this 1. It's not over yet.

maroonmania
10-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Well that was a swift kick to the nads for sure.

deltadawg99
10-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Bizarre situation, but I hope the staff moves on if he wants to enroll elsewhere or tries to play recruiting games.

Hell he two days ago he had given up on football and wasn't enrolled anywhere. Sounds like his heart may not be with playing football.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Bizarre situation, but I hope the staff moves on if he wants to enroll elsewhere or tries to play recruiting games.

Hell he two days ago he had given up on football and wasn't enrolled anywhere. Sounds like his heart may not be with playing football.

He had never given up on football. He needed either an ACT bump or retake a couple courses. He wasn't going to retake those courses until he got his ACT score back. He got his needed score so no need to take those courses.

AlSwearengen
10-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Isn't his best friend committed to us?

HancockCountyDog
10-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Jeffrey Simmons
Raekwon Davis
Kobe Jones
Emmitt Gooden
Outside shot at Derrick Brown

...well live

FYI, Davis is an OT. An elite one in my opinion.

Gooden is probably a sign and place.

Jones will need a redshirt, but will be damn good in years 2-5 on campus.

Simmons is elite. He is the only one you mentioned that has a chance to contribute next year.

RealHastings
10-01-2015, 01:44 PM
17 this kid. Always thought he was overrated anyway by watching his film. I wanted him because I know Dan would have been able to develop him but if he doesn't want to be here then 17 'eem.

Thompson92
10-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Mark Passwaters @mbpRivals 1m1 minute agoTexas, USA
"We've done some digging and it looks like the reports that TD Moton was heading to Texas A&M are false. Debunked by multiple sources."

So did someone hack his twitter account? Weird stuff

BulldogDX55
10-01-2015, 02:07 PM
17 this kid. Always thought he was overrated anyway by watching his film. I wanted him because I know Dan would have been able to develop him but if he doesn't want to be here then 17 'eem.

How about you go **** yourself for cursing a confused kid over something that is apparently not confirmed?

defiantdog
10-01-2015, 02:11 PM
"We've done some digging and it looks like the reports that TD Moton was heading to Texas A&M are false. Debunked by multiple sources."

Sounds like he jumped the gun

sandwolf
10-01-2015, 02:17 PM

Uh oh......sounds like the aggies didn't have room. Wonder if our staff tells him to 17 off now?

msstate7
10-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Uh oh......sounds like the aggies didn't have room. Wonder if our staff tells him to 17 off now?

Well it seems we're his backup plan. If he really did try to go to aTm, I'd give that scholarship to one that wants to be here

Dallas_Dawg
10-01-2015, 07:42 PM

Anybody who says something this stupid has to be a troll.
Paging I Seen It

HSVDawg
10-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I may be way off base but I'm fairly certain he is still bound by his letter of intent for a full calendar year after signing or after his eligibility clock starts (which would have been his first day at EMCC in August). So, the absolute earliest he could sign somewhere else is next February. I know for sure you can't just change your mind 8 months after you sign your LOI and go somewhere else that same year.

Thick
10-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I hope that this is not true. Let's just let this play out before rushing to judgement.

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 08:16 PM
I may be way off base but I'm fairly certain he is still bound by his letter of intent for a full calendar year after signing or after his eligibility clock starts (which would have been his first day at EMCC in August). So, the absolute earliest he could sign somewhere else is next February. I know for sure you can't just change your mind 8 months after you sign your LOI and go somewhere else that same year.

Once he became a non qualifier I think that NLI became absolutely worthless.

smootness
10-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Once he became a non qualifier I think that NLI became absolutely worthless.

I don't think so, I think HSV is correct here.

aerodawg
10-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Looks like it depends on his situation. If he was denied admission to Mississippi State and he has that in writing then the NLI is void. If he was admitted but would not have been able to play football (essentially a 'greyshirt') and chose to go to Juco or not play at all then it depends. If paperwork was filed and the NCAA deemed him ineligible then the NLI could be void, but if not then it would still be binding.

HSVDawg
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
I think one likely scenario is that A&M was reaching out to him on the sly to try and get him in the fold for their 2016 class. When he "committed" they had to go into damage control because they aren't supposed to have any contact while he is still bound by his LOI. Thus, the removed tweet.

jumbo
10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
I think one likely scenario is that A&M was reaching out to him on the sly to try and get him in the fold for their 2016 class. When he "committed" they had to go into damage control because they aren't supposed to have any contact while he is still bound by his LOI. Thus, the removed tweet.

per Paul A&M and UGA had reached out to him as soon as he left Co Lin

jumbo
10-02-2015, 09:38 AM

his LOI was void once he was deemed a non qualifier.

AlSwearengen
10-02-2015, 10:19 AM
I've seen this type thing play out too many times. The way I would like to see it handled is for us to go ahead and sign him, assuming he is willing. But at the first sign of him not panning out or him not being as good as thought, his ass gets processed. As a matter of fact, if I am Mullen, I might have that process letter typed up and let him have a peak at it, so he knows it exists.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-07-2015, 07:50 AM
Sorry for the bump, but I missed the last update on this...what's the current status?

Leroy Jenkins
10-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I missed the last update on this...what's the current status?

Im curious as well.

defiantdog
10-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Im curious as well.

Moton is reaching for an A&M scholarship opportunity. A&M is still saying they haven't extended anything yet.

msstate7
10-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Moton is reaching for an A&M scholarship opportunity. A&M is still saying they haven't extended anything yet.

Pretty sure om and us are the easiest sec schools to get into. If moton didn't qualify fully here to start, wouldn't it be even harder for him to get in another sec school?

We signed this kid when he wasn't qualified and now he's crapping on us once he is. I say cut em loose

defiantdog
10-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Pretty sure om and us are the easiest sec schools to get into. If moton didn't qualify fully here to start, wouldn't it be even harder for him to get in another sec school?

We signed this kid when he wasn't qualified and now he's crapping on us once he is. I say cut em loose

I agree..... A&M won't acknowledge anything until he has been fully qualified. I'm pretty sure Mullen and Co. have already let this one go. Also, don't expect a non-qualifier to sneak into Georgia either. Moton was using us as a last resort, but now he feels he's qualified for A&M. So we'll see what A&M decides.

thf24
10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Doubt this guy ends up playing football anywhere to be honest, and if he does make it, probably won't be for long. Seems to happen with all these drawn-out drama types.

TrapGame
10-07-2015, 03:16 PM
I know this might sound Bearish but I wish qualifying could be an in house deal. Although overseen by the NCAA a recruit that does not qualify should be allowed to attend the college he chooses as some form of red shirt. He can't play at all, no burning of the red shirt or he's gone. He can practice with the team but not travel away with the team. He has tutors and classes helping him catch up and qualify. Again, all overseen by a rep from the NCAA who will require the school to provide him with all classwork and tests. If he passes all the required courses and the NCAA says he's good then he can become a regular player on the team.

MedDawg
10-07-2015, 03:55 PM

Johnson85
10-07-2015, 04:51 PM

We need DL help. They definitely need to consider whether he'll really be committed to the program if he comes, but plenty of players don't get to go where they really want to and still end up being good team mates and players where they actually end up.

The way this has played out publicly obviously doesn't make the guy look great, but it's not so bad as to require that we cut him loose if there aren't any other indications he will have an attitude problem and we project him to be good enough that he will be able to contribute more quickly than our top two DL we expect to sign in the next class.

sandwolf
10-07-2015, 05:03 PM
We need DL help. They definitely need to consider whether he'll really be committed to the program if he comes, but plenty of players don't get to go where they really want to and still end up being good team mates and players where they actually end up.

The way this has played out publicly obviously doesn't make the guy look great, but it's not so bad as to require that we cut him loose if there aren't any other indications he will have an attitude problem and we project him to be good enough that he will be able to contribute more quickly than our top two DL we expect to sign in the next class.

Yea, as much as I would love for us to be in a position to be able to tell this kid to 17 off, the amount of playing time that Torrey Dale has gotten this year makes it pretty clear that we are in no position to turn away a quality DL prospect over a bruised ego. The staff can gauge his level of commitment after they get him on campus.....if its not there, then cut his ass loose.