PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all that have backed me. It's much appreciated.

Thick
10-01-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm telling my side of the story, and then I'm done discussing the little boy.

After the AU game, I texted Bo teasing him about HIS RB comment (not an SEC LB). I told him that he should give RB some credit because he stepped up and made plays. I told him that RB was not a"sexy" recruit/player, but he was a blue collar player. I compared him to former Bulldog LB Daniel Boyd, not the fastest or strongest, but he's smart and generally put himself into a position to make plays or be involved in making plays. The little boy apparently was offended by my text, so he attacks me on his little show. He then texts me to let me know that he discussed "Thick's analysis". Understand that I was at UMMC from 7:15 to 1:30 working. I take a peak at ED, and see the thread and was taken back by what the little boy said.

We should all be so proud to know that he would do this to a REAL Bulldog. Thanks again to the guys that aren't afraid to call a spade a spade.

Original48
10-01-2015, 08:33 AM
I think the real problem is Bo being proven wrong about Richie. It had to hurt his feelings. So what does he do? He lashes out. He attacks the messenger..with race no less. He fails to address the issue at hand...if he still thinks Richie Brown is not an SEC linebacker. What he did was WAY out of line.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-01-2015, 08:34 AM
That brings up a point. Many on this board have talked about Kendrick Market being undersized, slow, and not an elite athlete (as compared to elite SEC safeties). We talk about Market being smart, heady, hard-working, blue collar, mistake free. We talk about him being a glue guy, a gamer, making good decisions. We talk about his work ethic. What race is Market? Similar things were said about Jay Hughes.

Pollodawg
10-01-2015, 08:38 AM
The fact of the matter is that it pissed him off when you called him out. He got self conscious, could think of nothing else to say, and started hurling crap at the wall. Serious, serious lapse of judgement by him. The fact that he apparently thinks that describing someone as "blue collar" is applied only to one particular race says more about his mindset than it does yours.

Pollodawg
10-01-2015, 08:41 AM
And he can pound all of the scotch he wants and pose with his cigars all day, but wearing a blazer with blue jeans should really get him kicked in the nads. Come on, dude, dressing like a redneck from the 80s is so previous couple of decades.

Coach34
10-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Sleepy says you took too many plays off

BulldogBear
10-01-2015, 08:49 AM
And he can pound all of the scotch he wants and pose with his cigars all day, but wearing a blazer with blue jeans should really get him kicked in the nads. Come on, dude, dressing like a redneck from the 80s is so previous couple of decades.

I've seen that pic or others from the same photo shoot and it really makes him look like a guy that is trying too hard.

Thouth I enjoy the show, I think he tries too hard to appear neutral and is therefore too hard on MSU at times (read that as: overly negative), which may be what generates comments like Ritchie not being and SEC LB in the first place. I'm in the camp of thinking he was out of line. So, clearly behind you Thick.

DancingRabbit
10-01-2015, 08:53 AM
It's too bad he can't be a big enough man to reach out to you with the olive branch and offer up some kudos to Richie. If he was an adept student of human behavior he would know that doing things like apologizing and admitting when you're wrong usually get a very positive reaction from people, including radio audiences.

Johnson85
10-01-2015, 08:57 AM
The fact of the matter is that it pissed him off when you called him out. He got self conscious,

This is it. Bo is a radio guy, not a sports guy. That's not an insult. Finebaum certainly doesn't know anything more about football than most fans. There's just not going to be a lot of people that want to do radio, have natural talent for radio, and have particular expertise about sports. The other thing is Bo's show talks about high school and college sports (and I assume other sports during other seasons?), so even if he did have some football knowledge, it wouldn't be realistic for him to really know about every player, and his ratings will suffer a lot more if he honestly says "I don't have any personal knowledge about this player" than if he just throws something out there. Even if it's outrageously wrong, it will generate some interest.

The fact that he apparently thinks that describing someone as "blue collar" is applied only to one particular race says more about his mindset than it does yours.

Completely out of line to do that on air, but I will say that when I hear somebody talk about our LB that was the top or in the top three for shuttle time and is also more athletic than B. Brown and call him blue collar, I do assume they don't realize how athletic R. Brown is because he's white. He was basically splitting time with an NFL linebacker last year and it wasn't because he was a harder worker or smarter, it was because he was quicker and better in coverage.

maroonmania
10-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Richie may not be the most athletically gifted player in college football but the dude was a 4 star recruit (if I remember correctly) and had over 100 tackles every year he played in HS. I mean this guy had offers from multiple SEC schools (including LSU) so its not like he was a "diamond in the rough" type recruit that Mullen has gotten often and gotten up to SEC standards. RB KNOWS how to play football. Don't know exactly what Bo said but if he was implying RB was not an SEC caliber LB then he was just flat out wrong.

TrapGame
10-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Whether you and Bo are "friends" or not calling you out on the radio was low class. That's junior high. Injecting a racial aspect to it was downright shitty.

But, this reminds me of last season when Bo got egg on his face after saying LSU was going to truck us in Death Valley.

PassInterference
10-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Freeze was right.**

BulldogBear
10-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Just for fun....

Our "scrub" LB Ritchie Brown has as many sacks by his lonesome....

As the whole star bedazzled, world champion, Uber pimped Beardshark defense put together.

chizmo19
10-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Bo is an idiot. I'm sorry if you disagree but he is. He was trying to argue yesterday that Ole Miss should try to be more like Auburn in sticking with one mascot. "War Eagle". Good call, Bo. Might want to look into Auburn's TIGER mascot as well.

He's like all radio talk guys. He gets his agenda across and everyone else is a moron.

He reads articles, then interviews the author about what he just read. Not disagreeing with anything. Just skimming over the topics the REAL sports guys write and pawning it off like it was his idea.

Every time you turn him on he's talking about that stupid Y'all lifestyle. Which apparently is just getting drunk off Four Roses bourbon.

I'll take my Natty light over Four Roses every day. Go State!!!

Jack Lambert
10-01-2015, 11:21 AM
We all might bump heads on politics and sports but by god I'm not going to let some guy who only post to advertise his radio show try to bully someone around on that radio show. It's like me and my brothers growing up. We use to fight like cats and dogs but by god if the kid down the street jumped one of us, it was on.

basedog
10-01-2015, 11:29 AM
The Bo I know is the only Bo, you know, Bo Jackson maybe the greatest athlete since Jim Thorpe!

FISHDAWG
10-01-2015, 11:34 AM
We all might bump heads on politics and sports but by god I'm not going to let some guy who only post to advertise his radio show try to bully someone around on that radio show. It's like me and my brothers growing up. We use to fight like cats and dogs but by god if the kid down the street jumped one of us, it was on.

agreed Jack ... his only post are to advertise and I can't believe the administration is taking his side over the folks that are the mainstay for this board

RocketCityDawg
10-01-2015, 11:42 AM
agreed Jack ... his only post are to advertise and I can't believe the administration is taking his side over the folks that are the mainstay for this board

I agree. I don't understand why either. It just doesn't make sense.

bulldawg28
10-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Where is this Richie isn't an athlete coming from? The guy ran a legit 4.4 40 time. If anything he's a bona-fide athlete. I was ecstatic that we got him. One play that sticks out to me on how athletic he is two years ago in Auburn when he not only tackled Nick Marshall in the open field, he caught him and suflexed his ass. He's missed a few tackles but that's due to a new tackling style that he's improving on. Richie Brown is BAD ASS TO THE BONE!!!

smootness
10-01-2015, 12:06 PM

After the AU game, I texted Bo teasing him about HIS RB comment (not an SEC LB). I told him that he should give RB some credit because he stepped up and made plays. I told him that RB was not a"sexy" recruit/player, but he was a blue collar player. I compared him to former Bulldog LB Daniel Boyd, not the fastest or strongest, but he's smart and generally put himself into a position to make plays or be involved in making plays. The little boy apparently was offended by my text, so he attacks me on his little show. He then texts me to let me know that he discussed "Thick's analysis". Understand that I was at UMMC from 7:15 to 1:30 working. I take a peak at ED, and see the thread and was taken back by what the little boy said.

We should all be so proud to know that he would do this to a REAL Bulldog. Thanks again to the guys that aren't afraid to call a spade a spade.

I don't think you think those things about Richie because he's white...but all I'll say is that Richie was actually a pretty 'sexy' recruit, and he's very fast and athletically gifted for a LB.

I don't know that we have a LB faster, except maybe Dez Harris. Green may be faster, but the main reason he's seen as crazy fast is because he combines that speed with great size. Richie is definitely faster than Beniquez.

smootness
10-01-2015, 12:10 PM
And I'll just say, regardless of the specific debate about what Thick said, the main reason a lot of people say things like 'not the fastest but intelligent and a hard worker' about white athletes more than black athletes is not because of racism, IMO...it's just because we have a tendency to compare white athletes to other white athletes and black athletes to other black athletes.

For example, I don't see much comparison between Richie and Daniel Boyd beyond appearance.

Schultzy
10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Would it be racist to say, ironically Richie is succeeding with athleticism while Beni relies more on high IQ?

gtowndawg
10-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I've never listened to his little radio show and never will. I've seen enough comments online to know he's a clown.

bulldawg28
10-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Would it be racist to say, ironically Richie is succeeding with athleticism while Beni relies more on high IQ?
Richie is the total package at LB.

Jack Lambert
10-01-2015, 12:16 PM

When I see Richie I see what I vision being a Line Backer. He will be on a NFL roster.

bulldawg28
10-01-2015, 12:21 PM
When I see Richie I see what I vision being a Line Backer. He will be on a NFL roster.

Absolutely.

maroonmania
10-01-2015, 12:34 PM
And I'll just say, regardless of the specific debate about what Thick said, the main reason a lot of people say things like 'not the fastest but intelligent and a hard worker' about white athletes more than black athletes is not because of racism, IMO...it's just because we have a tendency to compare white athletes to other white athletes and black athletes to other black athletes.

For example, I don't see much comparison between Richie and Daniel Boyd beyond appearance.

Chris White was one of the fastest LBs to ever play at MSU and he was as white as they come. I can still remember Chris running down that Houston WR along the sideline in 2009 and I'm just sitting there thinking WOW, did I just see that!

smootness
10-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Chris White was one of the fastest LBs to ever play at MSU and he was as white as they come. I can still remember Chris running down that Houston WR along the sideline in 2009 and I'm just sitting there thinking WOW, did I just see that!

No doubt. But even then, the tendency for most people (I'm including myself in this) is to compare somebody like White to Daniel Boyd rather than KJ Wright.

sleepy dawg
10-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Sleepy says you took too many plays off

Was that a reference to me? If so, I didn't get it.

sleepy dawg
10-01-2015, 01:23 PM
nm

Sirbarksalot
10-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Why are you texting a talk show host in the middle of the night talking smack about his evaluation of a 20 year old football player and why do you think your fan allegiance should protect you from his rebuttal - Bo's favorite color is not maroon, it's green and rightly so.

Sirbarksalot
10-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Fishdawg - "agreed Jack ... his only post are to advertise and I can't believe the administration is taking his side over the folks that are the mainstay for this board"

If the folks you are talking about would hit that little donate button at the top I'm sure the scales could be tilted in their direction. I agree 100% that Bo is a douche, but some of you guys take sports talk radio WAY to seriously. I don't understand how you don't understand that all of this is about money. Do you think C34 designed this forum and spent money to get it online just so jake legs like us can sit around and whack it while we talk MSU sports? He isn't going to take the side of a non-paying board member over an advertiser and if he did I'd think a lot less of him.

Thick
10-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Why are you texting a talk show host in the middle of the night talking smack about his evaluation of a 20 year old football player and why do you think your fan allegiance should protect you from his rebuttal - Bo's favorite color is not maroon, it's green and rightly so.

First of all, I was not talking smack. Second, his rebuttal was simply uncalled for. I did not call him any names or use any profanity. It was after a football game, not the middle of the night, and I was just messing with him no harmful intent. My text was between us. He went public with it for no reason but to try and make me look bad. If you are going to question me, at least get your facts straight.

Sirbarksalot
10-01-2015, 03:34 PM
First of all, I was not talking smack. Second, his rebuttal was simply uncalled for. I did not call him any names or use any profanity. It was after a football game, not the middle of the night, and I was just messing with him no harmful intent. My text was between us. He went public with it for no reason but to try and make me look bad. If you are going to question me, at least get your facts straight.

You really believe that he went through all that trouble to make your anonymous internet persona "look bad"? He runs a talk show that is fueled by callers and he got a listener to text him in the middle of the night disagreeing with a player evaluation from a radio show that had ended hours ago...you handed him a pot of gold and expected him not to enjoy the spoils.

Aces High
10-01-2015, 03:35 PM

Are you technically the last "blue collar" RB to score a TD?

FISHDAWG
10-01-2015, 03:43 PM
If the folks you are talking about would hit that little donate button at the top I'm sure the scales could be tilted in their direction. I agree 100% that Bo is a douche, but some of you guys take sports talk radio WAY to seriously. I don't understand how you don't understand that all of this is about money. Do you think C34 designed this forum and spent money to get it online just so jake legs like us can sit around and whack it while we talk MSU sports? He isn't going to take the side of a non-paying board member over an advertiser and if he did I'd think a lot less of him.

C-34 has already stated that they dont get any revenue from BO while letting him advertise here ... BO offers very little if any contribution to this board so why are you on your soap box about this ? .... I don't even listen to his show - but what I was referring too was why does BO have so much support ? ... is it because he happens to be an owners friend ? ... BO doesn't butter this ownerships bread - it is the readers that click on this site about 20-30 times a day... as for contributing, I would be glad to do so if there is another way to do it other than pay-pal ... I don't do pay-pal .... also, there has never been a request for this donation that I am aware of ..... and I could be wrong but I don't believe they started this board just for money, although I'm sure expenses need to be offset and wouldn't mind at all contributing if asked ..... are you UNDERSTANDING now ??? ..... go barkalot at someone else

Sirbarksalot
10-01-2015, 04:09 PM
C-34 has already stated that they dont get any revenue from BO while letting him advertise here ... BO offers very little if any contribution to this board so why are you on your soap box about this ? .... I don't even listen to his show - but what I was referring too was why does BO have so much support ? ... is it because he happens to be an owners friend ? ... BO doesn't butter this ownerships bread - it is the readers that click on this site about 20-30 times a day... as for contributing, I would be glad to do so if there is another way to do it other than pay-pal ... I don't do pay-pal .... also, there has never been a request for this donation that I am aware of ..... and I could be wrong but I don't believe they started this board just for money, although I'm sure expenses need to be offset and wouldn't mind at all contributing if asked ..... are you UNDERSTANDING now ??? ..... go barkalot at someone else

Whether he makes direct deposits or not is irrelevant; Bo drives tons of clicks to this site. ED's biggest promotional never ("The Network") would have never left his website had he not taken it on the airwaves. Don't be so na?ve to think that this site isn't about money.

basedog
10-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Folks who don't know football are the ones that were trashing Ri Brown. Being smart is just as important as talent at his position. And yes he and Daniel Boyd have similar ability. He will only get better, folks don't think about this being the first year he starts, and yes I know he played a lot last year.

FISHDAWG
10-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Whether he makes direct deposits or not is irrelevant; Bo drives tons of clicks to this site. ED's biggest promotional never ("The Network") would have never left his website had he not taken it on the airwaves. Don't be so na?ve to think that this site isn't about money.

is this you BO ?

Sirbarksalot
10-01-2015, 04:40 PM
is this you BO ?

Ha. No, just a guy who appreciates the pursuit of $$$$ and those who know how to make it. Bo is a total douche and the fact that he has been on the air this long is inexplicable, but I cant help but appreciate the fact that he gets to talk about football and troll morons for a living.

Aces High
10-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Wasnt Bo's highest ratings ever because of Coach34? 34s interview was his highest ratings ever.

Hmmm. Who needs who?

Id bet a biscuit this site doesnt make a dime.

Schultzy
10-01-2015, 05:19 PM

I agree, just busting on the whole blue collar racial discussion.

Coach34
10-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Was that a reference to me? If so, I didn't get it.

No- I was harassing Thick

Sacrifice
10-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I quit listening to Bo over a year ago. I got tired of hearing what designer beer goes with what steak. Bo better get used to hearing RB name, he's just getting started, he hasn't seen sh#t yet.

missouridawg
10-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Out of curiousity, should I know who Thick is?

Dallas_Dawg
10-01-2015, 07:21 PM

That's a good question but I think he would rather not say. I respect that

missouridawg
10-01-2015, 07:25 PM
That's a good question but I think he would rather not say. I respect that

Well, whomever he is... He definitely doesn't have as much vcash as me. Boom.

Billy Ray Valentine
10-01-2015, 09:22 PM

If you hung out at the Landing in the late 80's/early 90's damn right you should know

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Fishdawg - "agreed Jack ... his only post are to advertise and I can't believe the administration is taking his side over the folks that are the mainstay for this board"

Muther****er you don't know shit about shit. Go hide.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:40 PM

He's barking somewhere else