PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma State fans feel the opener will be a cake walk....

CadaverDawg
07-22-2013, 11:22 PM
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/mike-gundy-and-miss-st.169243/

I spoke recently to the Oklahoma rep for my company, and he is so confident that they will win that he didn't even remember they played us to start the year. He talked about us like we were Alcorn. He was trying to act nice but he came off like he thought they may win the National Title. Even said, "I don't think MSU is bad, I just think OSU is going to be incredible. I could see you guys playing a good game and us still pulling away to the tune of 45-17 or so".

All I can say is, wow...one of these fan bases will be extremely disappointed come September 2nd.

Raytoraid83
07-22-2013, 11:31 PM
His coach isn't so confident

@matthewcstevens: Mike Gundy on playing MSU: “I have not always been a big fan of it but we make adjustments. In life we don't always get what we want."

CadaverDawg
07-22-2013, 11:33 PM
His coach isn't so confident

@matthewcstevens: Mike Gundy on playing MSU: ?I have not always been a big fan of it but we make adjustments. In life we don't always get what we want."

Smart man. I wish we weren't playing them too when looking at the rest of our schedule. But at the same time...I'm glad our coach isn't saying that. Makes Gundy sound like a vag.

Coach 57
07-23-2013, 05:16 AM
Guys let me tell you this ANYTHING can happen in the first game! ANYTHING! Jacksonville St can & did beat UM. App St can and did beat Michigan. It is so hard to keep a team with alot of hype keyed in on a gameplan of an "inferior" opponent for the duration. Just SO much time & build up. I'd much rather play them on opening day rather than mid year.

The Croom Diaries
07-23-2013, 05:37 AM
Smart man. I wish we weren't playing them too when looking at the rest of our schedule. But at the same time...I'm glad our coach isn't saying that. Makes Gundy sound like a vag.

Maybe Gundy is saying all that in response to your initial point that OSU fans think this will be a cakewalk as they are preparing for a national title run. He wants his team to focus, so he's saying (in other quotes than the one listed) that he doesn't like playing good teams early because his teams hit their stride in November, etc. I have a feeling it's more for motivation than being a wuss. I believe they beat Georgia first game of the year a couple years ago so his point kind of rings hollow.

FlabLoser
07-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Guys let me tell you this ANYTHING can happen in the first game! ANYTHING! Jacksonville St can & did beat UM. App St can and did beat Michigan. It is so hard to keep a team with alot of hype keyed in on a gameplan of an "inferior" opponent for the duration. Just SO much time & build up. I'd much rather play them on opening day rather than mid year.

Exactly.

We almost beat Cam Newton's Auburn because we played them so early. If Berry doesn't drop that pass inside the 10, I think we win. So we almost beat a team that Alabama couldn't beat at home and Oregon's blur offense couldn't beat for a national title.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Exactly.

We almost beat Cam Newton's Auburn because we played them so early. If Berry doesn't drop that pass inside the 10, I think we win. So we almost beat a team that Alabama couldn't beat at home and Oregon's blur offense couldn't beat for a national title.

The pick six that we dropped sealed our fate. I forget which DB that was, but he had an easy six if he catches that pass.

angusyoung
07-23-2013, 07:55 AM
The pick six that we dropped sealed our fate. I forget which DB that was, but he had an easy six if he catches that pass.

Corey Broomfield. How could you forget that?

Rick Danko
07-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Broomfield... Still makes me want to cry

DownwardDawg
07-23-2013, 08:01 AM

Just wasn't sure. I was at the game so I got caught up in crying instead of watching the replay and catching the number of the player. I immediately looked at my wife and kids and said, "that was the game right there. We will lose by less than seven". 17

Rick Danko
07-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Just wasn't sure. I was at the game so I got caught up in crying instead of watching the replay and catching the number of the player. I immediately looked at my wife and kids and said, "that was the game right there. We will lose by less than seven". 17

That sumbitch could have baby crawled into the endzone he had such a clear shot. What could have been....

FISHDAWG
07-23-2013, 09:09 AM

SALT MEET WOUND

maroonmania
07-23-2013, 09:25 AM
That sumbitch could have baby crawled into the endzone he had such a clear shot. What could have been....

Yep, and just goes to show how many good breaks even a very good team has to have to pull of a NC. Auburn had about 3 or 4 near misses that year including MSU. I know the Clemson game they should have lost where in OT Clemson had a guy standing all alone in the endzone for a TD that would have won the game and seems like the QB shortarmed the pass in the ground or something like that.