PDA

View Full Version : I love how

starkvegasdawg
10-01-2015, 08:18 AM
a mod can lock a thread but still go in and make remarks trying to prove a point.

But I get it. He's a show sponsor and the mods are censoring comments because they're worried about the benjamins.

thf24
10-01-2015, 08:23 AM
Not calling out anyone in particular, and I really appreciate the effort the mods and admins put into hosting and maintaining this board, but locking a thread and then posting on it as a mod is very improper as far as general message board ethics go. I was very surprised when I first saw it being done here, because it's usually something that you just don't do as a mod or admin in most communities.

paco
10-01-2015, 08:51 AM
That kind of practice is what killed Gene's Page and the MSU Scout.

War Machine Dawg
10-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Not to mention said mods are entirely (intentionally?) missing the point of why people are upset. It's one thing to bash State, troll the fan bases, etc. That's expected and part of the job for a radio guy. It's another entirely to call someone racist on air. That's over the line for sports radio, unless it's obvious the person in question a) was specifically talking about race and b) made the comments publicly. Something that wasn't racist in the slightest said in a private text message isn't fodder for such accusations. But hey, Bo is a board sponsor and a "radio guy", so he's got free rein to say whatever ridiculous, unethical bullshit he wants. Because apparently it's asking too much for him to have some integrity in how he operates.

Coach34
10-01-2015, 08:57 AM
We let Bo fly an ad- but receive no compensation. Elite only makes money on ad clicks and donations

Jack Lambert
10-01-2015, 11:36 AM
We let Bo fly an ad- but receive no compensation. Elite only makes money on ad clicks and donations

So I need to click on ads? Did not know this.

RocketCityDawg
10-01-2015, 11:40 AM

I wonder if Bo clicks an ad when he drops by to pimp his show?

BulldogBear
10-01-2015, 11:45 AM

Didn't know that. I click on that one a lot to stream the show when I'm away from radio in morning and I thought it was helping!

RougeDawg
10-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Not to mention said mods are entirely (intentionally?) missing the point of why people are upset. It's one thing to bash State, troll the fan bases, etc. That's expected and part of the job for a radio guy. It's another entirely to call someone racist on air. That's over the line for sports radio, unless it's obvious the person in question a) was specifically talking about race and b) made the comments publicly. Something that wasn't racist in the slightest said in a private text message isn't fodder for such accusations. But hey, Bo is a board sponsor and a "radio guy", so he's got free rein to say whatever ridiculous, unethical bullshit he wants. Because apparently it's asking too much for him to have some integrity in how he operates.

Yes, "said mod" has been extremely out of line the last week or so. Maybe it's that time of the month for him so hopefully the BS ends soon.

As far as Bo goes, how does anyone listen to his show? The few times I attempted to listen he sounded like he had a bunch of sports sites opened up, on various monitors and he was reading articles verbatim. When he's forced to speak on the fly about sports he exposes how little he actually knows about any sport. His entire show is a joke, except for the well informed guests he interviews. Bo knows as much about sports as I do about landing and driving the Mars Rover.

Lastly, the term "Blue Collar" means hard working individual. To perceive and convey any other meaning can only be agenda driven, which is exactly who Bo Bounds is and always will be. His scotch and cigars "Douche Lifestyle" should be all anyone needs to know in order to understand who he is.

Alldawg
10-01-2015, 03:24 PM

No, Coach only ask for Rebels to click an add

scottycameron
10-01-2015, 03:40 PM
I'm very disappointed that the mods didn't immediately lock this thread then make a crapload of posts on it. I know I would have.

Behrdawg
10-01-2015, 05:13 PM
a mod can lock a thread but still go in and make remarks trying to prove a point.

But I get it. He's a show sponsor and the mods are censoring comments because they're worried about the benjamins.

For starters, I locked one thread in regards to the Bo/Thick saga. It was the first thread that started about this whole debacle. I made a post explaining why I was locking. I was trying to close the subject and move on.

Second, I did not lock the "bashing" thread that I started. Someone else did. In both of these cases- I did not go back and add any comments after they were locked.

Third, the only money this site makes is used for operating costs. Any other money that is left is donated to Bulldog families in need.

Lastly, if you have a problem with how I do things- then send me a message and ask me about it before you make false accusations. What you posted to start this thread is absolutely not true.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
I've never heard Bo Bound's show and wouldn't have the first idea where to find it on my dial. I do live in Mississippi so I assume I could find it if I cared to. That being said if he accused a poster here of being racist based on what was said here that the poster said, then all MSU people should boycott the show. That goes for advertisers as well. It looks like whoever Bo is he invited the comments after the monster game Richie had. Pulling out the race card instead of laughingly eating his words tells you all you need to know about him. He may claim otherwise, but there is no way he is even remotely impartial when it comes to MSU. It goes without saying that he isn't on our side. If I'm off base then fire away but I don't think I am.

RougeDawg
10-01-2015, 08:54 PM
I've never heard Bo Bound's show and wouldn't have the first idea where to find it on my dial. I do live in Mississippi so I assume I could find it if I cared to. That being said if he accused a poster here of being racist based on what was said here that the poster said, then all MSU people should boycott the show. That goes for advertisers as well. It looks like whoever Bo is he invited the comments after the monster game Richie had. Pulling out the race card instead of laughingly eating his words tells you all you need to know about him. He may claim otherwise, but there is no way he is even remotely impartial when it comes to MSU. It goes without saying that he isn't on our side. If I'm off base then fire away but I don't think I am.

Hammer Meet Nail! You sir, get it and understand what this site was founded for.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:45 PM

That is 100% total unadulterated ****ing bullshit. You have no ****ing clue.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Not calling out anyone in particular, and I really appreciate the effort the mods and admins put into hosting and maintaining this board, but locking a thread and then posting on it as a mod is very improper as far as general message board ethics go. I was very surprised when I first saw it being done here, because it's usually something that you just don't do as a mod or admin in most communities.

Message board ethics? Do you hear yourself? It's a ****ing message board.

I seen it dawg
10-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Hammer Meet Nail! You sir, get it and understand what this site was founded for.

Thank you.

Cartman2
10-03-2015, 12:12 PM
That kind of practice is what killed Gene's Page and the MSU Scout.

Like banning people multiple times, "just because it's funny" after originally banning me for comparing this team to 2012.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-03-2015, 12:37 PM
I honestly don't think he has any side, but what's going to get Bo the most money and grow a larger audience. He's going to dick ride the most impressive or flashy team and so far this year it's been ole miss in his eyes. Plus like I said in the other thread, I think he's trying to stroke that ole miss ego a little more to get access back with them. I just wish there was another morning show that covered MS high school football and the MS college teams.